Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast

Whats your latest pipe purchase?

This is a discussion on Whats your latest pipe purchase? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Nice grab Tom, looks like it's going to be a great smoker!...

Re: Whats your latest pipe purchase?

Nice grab Tom, looks like it's going to be a great smoker!

I am my brothers keeper! slyder's Avatar

I just got in on the SG tins before they were all gone. I checked yesterday and a few places had alot left.........went on today to order and alot of the places were sold out already.

SG Perfection
    SG Westmorlend
    Solani White and Black
    Frog Morton x2
    I am my brothers keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by slyder View Post
    I just got in on the SG tins before they were all gone. I checked yesterday and a few places had alot left.........went on today to order and alot of the places were sold out already.

SG Perfection
    SG Westmorlend
    Solani White and Black
    Frog Morton x2
    Looks like someone else is hooked on the White & Black. Don't say I didn't warn you!

. . .since posting about W&B a couple months ago, I've gone an picked up a tin of every Syrian Latakia blend I could find (Wilderness, Samovar, 3 Oaks Syrian, FMaTP, Solani 779). The three I've tried have been extremely good. Might have to go looking for some straight Syrian blending tobacco next, if it exists.
    Last edited by CaptainEnormous; 11-21-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEnormous View Post
    Might have to go looking for some straight Syrian blending tobacco next, if it exists.
    Please post if you do find any. From what I've read since the warehouse fire that destroyed GLPs and C&Ds (among others ) stocks, Syrian has been impossible for them to find and the only ones that have it are the big blending houses like McClelland that had laid on a large supply of their own. I'm curious if they are willing to part with it.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by indigosmoke View Post
    Please post if you do find any. From what I've read since the warehouse fire that destroyed GLPs and C&Ds (among others ) stocks, Syrian has been impossible for them to find and the only ones that have it are the big blending houses like McClelland that had laid on a large supply of their own. I'm curious if they are willing to part with it.
    Hmm. . .seems there is one out there.

Robert McConnell PURE LATAKIA 50g

TobaccoReviews says it's Syrian.

I have an order pending from 4Noggins, going to try to get them to add this in before they ship.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEnormous View Post
    Hmm. . .seems there is one out there.

Robert McConnell PURE LATAKIA 50g

TobaccoReviews says it's Syrian.

I have an order pending from 4Noggins, going to try to get them to add this in before they ship.
    I should have been more specific in my posts. I thought you were interested in creating your own blend! My misunderstanding.

I more meant if someone out there would sell large bulk amounts so someone could blend their own tobaccos. Still, that tobacco sounds cool. Talk about a latakia bomb! Let us know how it is.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Little edit to my previous post.......thats supposed to be SG Commonwealth not Westmorland....musta been thinkin of one and typin the other.
    I am my brothers keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinas View Post
    Got this bad boy in the mail today. Sorry for the pic quality. This is an old Savinelli Hercules 803EX. Its a chunk of briar! Got it on ebay for $16. I could not believe I got it for that price. I was pumped. The pipe is in excellent shape other than some oxidation on the stem which will be tended to.

[/IMG]
    Tom! I really like your Savinelli 803 EX. I love the Savinelli's EX pipes; I have two and they are great smokers.

Just hit the 4Noggins website for a Stanwell Golden Danish 83. Some lowlife bought the 243 I had been eyeing, so the choice was easier than I expected...

Got in on the Dunhill craze

EMP
    Night Cap
    London Mixture
    Royal Yacht

and Solani White & Black

now i have to quit for awhile!! Have bike parts to buy and a garage to finish.
    I am my brothers keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Just hit the 4Noggins website for a Stanwell Golden Danish 83. Some lowlife bought the 243 I had been eyeing, so the choice was easier than I expected...
    Wasn't me but that low life could be one of us! Love the shape, nice pick up!

1 Tin Dunhill Royal Yacht
    1 Tin GLP Union Square
    1/2 Lb C&D Bayou Morning
    1/2 Lb Esoterica Dunbar
    1/2 Kilo Dark Flake Scented

The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Full grown Puffer Fish Sam_Wheat's Avatar

Bought tins of Dunhill EMP, 965, NightCap and Deluxe Navy Rolls. My first shot at Dunhill, I bought about 5 tins of each just in case I do like it. I figured it will be easy to trade if I don't. I couldn't resist the price at Smokingpipes!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Wheat View Post
    Bought tins of Dunhill EMP, 965, NightCap and Deluxe Navy Rolls. My first shot at Dunhill, I bought about 5 tins of each just in case I do like it. I figured it will be easy to trade if I don't. I couldn't resist the price at Smokingpipes!
    So far they do have the best prices on Dunhill by far. $3 more or so a tine at p&c and iwan ries.

SG Navy Flake
    SG Full Virginia Flake
    SG Best Brown

2 tins of each
    I am my brothers keeper.

Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 ... LastLast