Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 101 of 601 FirstFirst ... 51 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by karatekyle If I fold and stuff or musket ball FVF, I hate it. Just terrible stuff. Rub ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    If I fold and stuff or musket ball FVF, I hate it. Just terrible stuff. Rub it super fine? One of the best Va's out there.
    Yeah, the wide-thread flakes don't musketball worth a damn. Doesn't matter what you do with PA, it always behaves itself -- like now, in the 4Dot. But all this talk of FVF...I think I need to crack a can.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Yeah, the wide-thread flakes don't musketball worth a damn. Doesn't matter what you do with PA, it always behaves itself -- like now, in the 4Dot. But all this talk of FVF...I think I need to crack a can.
    What, did Sam Gawith move to the US? FVF comes in tins... the suspiciously British form of tobacco packaging

If I fold and stuff or musket ball FVF, I hate it. Just terrible stuff. Rub it super fine? One of the best Va's out there.
    Interesting... The pipe I used had a wider and deeper bowl than my others and the wad I stuck in there didn't want to stay lit but the flavor was subtle and sweet when I kept it stoked up. Will have to rub some out and give it a try. I only have a few flakes left but I know what I'm smoking on the way home tonight!
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

I cant get anything to fold and stuff right, it just burns down the middle, musketballs work for me sometimes but I prefer to rub out all my flakes.
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Breakfast, morning jog, now relaxing with a pipe. PA/5B in the Falcon for me.

NO.

NO.

Yes!!!!

A gifted pinch of Condor Long Cut in a gifted lakeland-dedicated cob. A wonderful start to my morning!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

That's Matt's car, right?

Nice Falcons! All three of them.

I used my big 40 year old Sabatier chef's knife to chop up a Chocolate Flake about an hour ago. (Breaking it up is such a hassle, but I'm damn good at dicing vegetables, had it done tout de suite . ) Got me the Little Big Bowl, the FourDot pot, primed and ready. This should be grand. One of those 6 inch flakes cut up fits perfectly into this pipe!
    Last edited by freestoke; 02-01-2012 at 12:36 PM.

What, did Sam Gawith move to the US? FVF comes in tins... the suspiciously British form of tobacco packaging
    When I lived in England, they called a can of beans a tin of beans and I never could adapt. Anglophile nonpareil though I be, I never liked using "tin" for "tin can", especially since they haven't used tin in cans since the late 1950s. All the CANS are aluminum now, which makes "tin" much like calling a golf club made of tungsten and steel a "wood", I guess. Anyhow, I'm tired of calling them tins. I never used to call tobacco containers tins, even though most of them came from England, just like I wouldn't call an elevator a "lift" or the subway "the tube". I'll bet you'll never get reciprocation from the Limeys to properly call GL Pease cans "cans"! (Yeah, Pease probably calls them "tins", against all sense and sensibility. They're made out of ALUMINUM, Greg! And I don't mean aluminium.)

And this diced Chocolate Flake is fantastic! (It came in a box.)
    Last edited by freestoke; 02-01-2012 at 01:02 PM.

I used my big 40 year old Sabatier chef's knife...
    Color me jealous! Or, given the Brit speak of the last few posts, is it "Colour me jealous!"?

The glory of a well-made, well-worn chef's knife...
    Never trust anyone over 30.

All the CANS are aluminum now, which makes "tin" much like calling a golf club made of tungsten and steel a "wood", I guess.

Completely true. Oh the decadence of our language. Do words mean anything anymore?

A big cup of strong coffee with PA and BF#1 in the newly restored 4 Dot for its inaugural smoke. Though this pipe has a big and heavy look to it, it's surprisingly light between the teeth. Smokes like a dream, too!!!

Back to basics for me: PA in my CG...
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

First, a diversion: I have just received wisdom from the inhabitants of TVLand, that the state of Nevada is pronounced with the "ad" pronounced as in "advertising" -- and no alternative! While I have little doubt the non-Hispanic white population of the state pronounces it this way (perhaps even a law has been passed that recognizes this as the "official" pronunciation), I wonder if the Hispanic population pronounces it that way, or even the American Indians who live there. It seems like a typical American mispronunciation of a Spanish word, so why wouldn't they accept the Spanish pronunciation, as in, "Most Nevadans say Nevada, but Nevahda is older and just as acceptable."? I've heard this "Nevada Pronunciation Lecture" many times before and find it very strange.

Second, I'm finishing the last of a quart of PA in the Sasieni Canadian. "Sasieni" and "Prince Albert", how can we go wrong, right Clifford?

I need to pull out some more PA. I have an open tub ready to shovel into this 26oz Smucker's peanut butter jar that I use for day to day PA, so it's really a matter of pure laziness that brings me to this first morning bowl of SB mixed with Chocolate Flake cubes left from yesterday. Smoking the Alpha Litewate, which I now know shares a model name with Sasieni! Yes, there was a Sasieni Litewate, too, same spelling!

I need to pull out some more PA. I have an open tub ready to shovel into this 26oz Smucker's peanut butter jar that I use for day to day PA, so it's really a matter of pure laziness that brings me to this first morning bowl of SB mixed with Chocolate Flake cubes left from yesterday. Smoking the Alpha Litewate, which I now know shares a model name with Sasieni! Yes, there was a Sasieni Litewate, too, same spelling!
    I always thought your Litewate was a Sas! I thought Alpha was some sort of grading scale!