Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 102 of 601 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Not feeling great this morning so I am smoking a light tobacco. PS LBF in an Eriksen Dublin....

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Not feeling great this morning so I am smoking a light tobacco. PS LBF in an Eriksen Dublin.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Who needs a energy drink. Great big cup of joe along with some Darth Waffle, (review coming soon) in my new MM Great Dane Egg. Ready to hit the day!

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    I always thought your Litewate was a Sas! I thought Alpha was some sort of grading scale!
    Nah, it's an Israeli cheapo, from the 80s(?) I think. Got it in a lot with a few other pipes. Seems the Berkebile was in the group, too, but that's now defunct with a cracked stem. I need one of those little 1"+ oval stems or pay to have it fixed. I may start sanding the bowl to change the shape and see what happens on that (big piece of nice wood, so there's room to play), and if it turns out okay I'll put a new stem on it. The Berkebile does smoke nice!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Sorry to hear that Nick, hope you fell better soon.

Just opened a tin of McClellands' Virginia Woods. Been cellared for a couple of years waiting to try it.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Not feeling great this morning so I am smoking a light tobacco. PS LBF in an Eriksen Dublin.
    Hope it perks you up, Nick! I was feeling just fine this morning until I read the post about trashman buying a rare, unsmoked, gold-banded Peterson for $25 at a garage sale. Made me ill. I'm considering changing my username to "garbagecollector" and heading for the yard sales this spring.

Fillmore in my Viking this morning. Now I'm waiting for Brown to deliver my P&C order. :-)
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

I cannot beLIEVE how filthy my Forever stem had gotten. I use it a lot, I really do, but I always run a pipe cleaner through it after every smoke: I run it all the way to the bowl, move it around a little, remove the stem and pull it the rest of the way through. Then I use the "cleaner" end to redo the Forever stem. Habit. Done in a brizado. Just got finished with an ordeal worthy of an ebay lot! Holy Stale Nicotine, Cobman! Get this. I had the Forever stem in my hand, ready to change to the Country Gentleman and I paused. What the hell, I run an alcohol soaked cleaner through it. It came out absolutely filthy. Used both ends soaked in 160 proof vodka. Another cleaner, the same. Then I switched to the fat, extra-absorbant cleaners soaked in vodka. Filthy. Filthy. I moved on to bristles, tarring up two of them, with extra scrubbing, both ends. Another couple of fatties and a regular. Here...let me count, they're right here in the ashtray ------ all told, 6 fatties, 3 bristles and 3 regulars, plus a shot of vodka. Appalling.

You know, these things are really insidious. This Country Gentleman is smoking better all of a sudden. Wonder if my other cobs will see any improvement? Fresh PA!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Here...let me count, they're right here in the ashtray ------ all told, 6 fatties, 3 bristles and 3 regulars, plus a shot of vodka.
    I find taking a shot of Vodka makes my cleaning go better too, but maybe you should've had two?

Digging around in my jars this morning, I found that I had approximately 1 bowl of SG Squadron Leader left. I loaded it into my Dunhill for the ride into work this morning and can now mark that container "finshed" in my cellar. I wasn't blown away by SL the first time I tried it, but I seem to like it more everytime I smoke it.

Two nights ago, I opened the HOTW and grabbed a wet musketball out of it and stuffed it in the Legend. Just a terrible smoke with a bad load, tobacco too wet, packed too tight. Not the tobacco's fault at all. This morning, I put a big pinch on the plate to dry, then filled the faultless Bari Dana. This is MUCH better! I'd go so far as to call it good!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I find taking a shot of Vodka makes my cleaning go better too, but maybe you should've had two?
    It's not so much the cleaning goes better, it's just that you don't worry about it so much. TIP FROM THE TOP: If you can't quite seem to get your pipe clean, take two shots of vodka and smoke it dirty.

The Golden Age has come to the Alpha Litewate this morning. I always think "Black Cavendish" means BCA or something like it, but not this time. Not an aromatic, having very little flavoring of any kind. A little perique but not a lot. I like it!

Brrr. After a week or so of positively balmy weather, it's cold again today. Go figure. At least it's February now, so we don't have too much longer to go.

A heavy coat, and Orlick Golden Sliced in a cob before work

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    Brrr. After a week or so of positively balmy weather, it's cold again today. Go figure. At least it's February now, so we don't have too much longer to go.

A heavy coat, and Orlick Golden Sliced in a cob before work
    Clifford you took the words right out of my mouth. Sat. 73, Today 51 for the high. Cold weather smoking gear, coffee and some FMOTT with my Savinelli Natural.

Quote Originally Posted by 36Bones View Post
    Today 51 for the high. Cold weather smoking gear....
    I'd be on the golf course! We're looking at 40s tomorrow, today right at freezing, so it's downright HOT for around here in early Feb. NOAA says we're five feet below normal snowfall. I have the 4Dot burning PA as I ponder the weather. Slept late this morning and need at least another two cups of coffee to become fully conscious.

I'd also like to direct everybody to the "What kind of Peterson is this?" contest. You have until midnight to get in a guess at the final bid that wins it on ebay.
    Last edited by freestoke; 02-05-2012 at 09:34 AM.

I'm putting one of those pipe "truisms" to the test. I remember back in school, I'd sit with my graph paper, textbooks and slide rule, chain smoking the Sasieni FourDot prince, doing my homework, then head down to the lobby to watch some TV and have a few more beers before oversleeping the next morning and missing class. Bowl after bowl, Nightcap, Balkan Sasieni, Three Nuns, Four Square...I never had any problems. So right now, I'm recreating ontogeny by chain smokin' the 4Dot. The opening PA has been following immediately by some more Middleton, the redoubtable Sugar Barrel. I'm looking forward to a bowl of Sail Green, then perhaps some JKP. Or in a different order. Same pipe all day today. Screw it!
    Last edited by freestoke; 02-06-2012 at 09:09 AM.