Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 104 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Bayou Morning Flake in the Mayfair, left over from last night. BMF DGTs nicely, BTW. Tried a coffee experiment! Put ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Bayou Morning Flake in the Mayfair, left over from last night. BMF DGTs nicely, BTW. Tried a coffee experiment! Put 4 "coffee-maker" cups of water in the coffee maker (a drip job) and 2 cm-cups of hot tap water in the carafe. I then put 3 heaping scoops of Columbian in the strainer, somewhat more than I would use normally for half a pot and fired it up. Somewhere in the back of my mind was something I read from one of the coffee-crazies, about the unpleasant components in coffee being less soluble, so it takes a while for them to start leaching out. With that in mind, I decided to up the ante on the amount of coffee grounds brewing and dilute it back down to a more potable, sub-Xodar level. I think it works! Tastes REALLY smooth and I used fresh ground Columbian, too!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

This morning was a sample of Connecticut Yankee (P&C fusion lab blend). This mix of VA, white burley and maduro cigar leaf was quite nice and forced me to take the very long way to work.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

This coffee is delicious and I've now smoked a bowl of the Kendal Kentucky in the Szabo. Like it a lot! Think I'll do that again, since the Szabo is ready, willing and able to go extra innings. Looks like smokingpipes mixed the labels on two outgoing orders, so somebody has a bag of Balkan Mixture labeled Kendal Kentucky. It's definitely KK.

Ehhhh... No pipe this morning, though I'm hoping all of you who were/are able to spend some time with your favorite briar are enjoying yourselves. I couldn't decide on a blend before I left the house and then I ran out of time so I had to leave things be.

I did, though, steal a few moments to open a package that arrived in the mail - very much piping related. As soon as I can dig up the Recent Acquisitions thread I'll post a few pics.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    I couldn't decide on a blend before I left the house and then I ran out of time so I had to leave things be.
    Hope things are better today, Andrew. I'm giving my 4Dot its standard morning PA priming and waking up with some nice Columbian coffee. Gonna crack a can of Ennerdale in a bit.

English Chocolate in my MM Patriot this morning. The dynamics of this cob change the flavor profile quite a bit. Much more of the spiced latakia and very little of deeper sweetness that comes from the cocoa... I think I'll reserve this blend for my wider bowls.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Bah! Last week, I finished my opened PA and opened some SWR to try. I don't need two OTCs open, and I'm not in the mood for SWR. Oooh! How about OGS? It's smoking great in the 4Dot!

Bummer. I find it odd that I never smoked PA until a little over a year ago, being an English tin smoker during all those previous years, but now I'm hooked on it. I'd really miss PA in short order. I have both SWR and PA open right now, but the SWR generally gets mixed with 5B or something, merely as a burn enhancing substrate to the mix.

As a matter of fact, I think I'll smoke another PA in the 4Dot. Eat your heart out, Clifford.

Popped a fresh tin of Ennerdale just now. When there's dirty work to be done, no better than the Country Gentleman to take it on! Nice and "fresh" from the can, maximally potent.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    As a matter of fact, I think I'll smoke another PA in the 4Dot. Eat your heart out, Clifford.

I've got two pouches on hand, and I'm off work for the next 3 days. I'll probably cave and open one before it's all said and done.

That said....the OGS smoked grrrrrreat! It's no PA, but I do really like OGS in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Popped a fresh tin of Ennerdale just now. When there's dirty work to be done, no better than the Country Gentleman to take it on! Nice and "fresh" from the can, maximally potent.
    Have you tried Dark Flake Scented? I can't imagine that Ennerdale is more potent than this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    Have you tried Dark Flake Scented? I can't imagine that Ennerdale is more potent than this stuff.
    This is on my "need" list. Edit: Grousemore Plug is on it too.

I honestly can't imagine it being more potent... Ennerdale is very fragrant!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Quote Originally Posted by gahdzila View Post
    I've got the Brown Flake Aromatic/Scented (I think they're synonymous) and it's really not quite in the same league with Ennerdale. Haven't tried the DFS, so I couldn't say, but with the ominous maple as one of the flavorings, it could well be equally devastating. (I'll give that one a miss, though. I dislike maple flavors in tobacco. )

SWR and a pinch of 5B in a cob.

SWR is growing on me. It's no PA, but I'm enjoying it for what it is. Is that a hint of vanilla I taste?

Since I finished off that Dark Flake Scented, I can let myself open something else today. I think I'm going to try something new to me....1792? Ennerdale? FVF? Bob's Chocolate? Bayou Morning Flake? I'm leaning towards Ennerdale if for no other reason than it sounds so unusual. Plus the fact that Jim likes it, and our tastes seem to run pretty close so far!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Not a nice day here today. -2 with 70% humidity. Wind was blowing like crazy earlier. I don't know if this weather would either blow out the flame from my zippo or freeze it solid!