Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 14 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 514 ... LastLast

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Mornin', y'all! Got a 50/50 chance of a rainless day ahead. Might even get to the golf course later, depending. ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Mornin', y'all! Got a 50/50 chance of a rainless day ahead. Might even get to the golf course later, depending.

Wanted to report on a VERY strange weather event yesterday. I'm an "amateur meteorologist", have been my whole life. Love weather stuff and this area has some strange happenings, for sure. Yesterday, in a small region near Waterville, NY, a chain of thunderstorms developed and traveled north in stream about 5 miles wide. They continued to develop in the exact location for hours, as if there was a volcano spewing out a plume, the stream moving just west of due north, wandering neither east nor west, in a tight, cohesive band. Watching it on radar it was among the strangest things I've seen, weatherwise. It was the point source of the development of the storms that was so unusual. Quite a bit of local flooding along the Mohawk River, nothing dramatic or very unusual there, but the chaining and small width of the plume was some of the oddest I've ever seen.

Right now, it's some EMP in my big Savinelli Anni with excellent coffee, watching things dry out.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

Friday, and Spring is here. Nearly a perfect day, mid 70's and clear, just enough of a breeze to cool you off if you do something in the sun.
    Tilbury (smoking a ton of this lately) in the new danish egg cob, hot coffee and contemplating the weekend.

Mornin', y'all. Having to break into the jarred PA this morning for dry stuff because the humidity is so high that what I had out is too wet to smoke, wetter than where it started. Starting to get weird around here with the rain every day. Might get a good one with today, though! Have a good one!

At least the world didn't...

D-day.... so far so good. Smoked a bowl of DFU to kick off the day. Big inlaw family get together. Wish me luck everybody!

Good Morning Puff Pipers!

Slept in this morning until just a little while ago. Coffee is almost ready and I'm loading up some Sugar Barrel in a MM Legend. Have nothing whatsoever to do today, aside from a lot of smoking and TV. Looking forward to some quality war movies this weekend.

Hope y'all have a great Saturday!
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by DSturg369 View Post
    Looking forward to some quality war movies this weekend.
    Ever see The Best of Enemies (1961) - IMDb ?

Haven't seen it, no. Looks interesting though.
    Dale

Good Morning Puff Pipers!

OK.... I don't know why I thought this was Memorial weekend.... It figures that I have to work next weekend and miss all the good movies. Well, at least I get to smoke some choice tobaccos.

Anyways... Mug of hot coffee and a bowl of Sugar Barrel to start the day. Since the Rapture didn't happen, I can continue my quest through the small jars and samples in my tobacco collection this weekend. Not sure what's next but I'm looking forward to trying lots more new (to me) tobaccos.

Hope y'all have a great Sunday!
    Dale

Good morning, all. Pretty decent day on tap hopefully. Maybe today the storms will miss us for a change and we can get in some golf. Yesterday was a little lucky! Went to the course, packed the clubs onto the push carts (I HATE gas/electric golf carts), walked around front to find an outing. Since it has rained every day, we hadn't been there for a while to see the sign posted. Decided to hit a few balls at the range and the timing was perfect! We finished the buckets, got the clubs back in the car and it proceeded to storm!

Had to resort to putting my PA in the microwave this morning to dry it out enough to smoke. But it's smoking great right now in the 4Dot and the coffee is excellent.

Starting off this Raw morning with a Bowl of Veermaster in my McCarter.
    Hoping to get some yarrd work done today, kinda.

Good morning pipers!

Got a nice day planned here in San Antonio. I had a bowl of exhausted rooster (a sample that i got as a bonus in my trade with Jivey) in a MM Cob with my coffee earlier this morning. I'm headed out to brunch in a few, but rubbed out some St. James Flake (that i got in my newbie sampler trade from Jimmy James) and laid it out to dry for when I return. It smells good, and I can't wait to try it.

I was looking through my mason jars this morning, and as I was minding my P's and Q's, I found myself looking at the large variety I have (thanks to the brothers here) but still wanting to buy more (i.e. Hmm, looks like I'm low on Westminster, need more of that... Really like that IF, need to buy a few tins of that...). Man, this TAD is insane!

Mornin'! Started with the standard PA/4Dot, but have my Canadian smokin' with some LNF. Super!

Good Morning Puff Pipers! (and also to the cigar folks!)

Coffee + PA Choice Blend + MM cob = Great start to the day.

Continuing on with my Smoke-Fest Weekend, and smoking up several samples and small jars. Most have a year or longer of rest time and I'm simply amazed at the change they have undergone. If they tasted like this when I first got them, they'd have been gone. On the list for today are Luxury Twist Flake, Squadron Leader, Union Square, Dorchester, and a few others.

Hope y'all have a great Monday!
    Last edited by DSturg369; 05-23-2011 at 10:12 AM.
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by DSturg369 View Post
    On the list for today are Luxury Twist Flake, Squadron Leader, Union Square, Dorchester, and a few others.

Hope y'all have a great Monday!
    Go crazy, Dale! Smoked a little LTF yesterday myself! First in a while and it tasted pretty damn good!

Red Raparree this AM. Love that Turkish tobacco.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Page 14 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 114 514 ... LastLast