Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 329 of 601 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 379 429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I'm off to Taos this morning. Kat is working and I got the day off, so I'm going to Taos ...

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

I'm off to Taos this morning. Kat is working and I got the day off, so I'm going to Taos to do the bimonthly shopping.

I plan to stroll the plaza too. Spring has hit, the ice and snow has melted, and the tourists (and cold intolerant hippies) have arrived. I'm bringing my two biggest pipes. One is a MM and the other is an enormous paneled Sav billiard. The billiard is filled with Billy Budd, and the MM with Ennerdale Flake. I've freaked out hippies before by smoking Latakia around them, I'm hoping for an even better reaction with the Ennerdale.

The tourists are entertaining also. Taos gets normal tourists (mostly from TX and OK), but Taos also gets "wannabee hippy type tourists". They are fun to strike up conversations with and to send off on entertaining missions. Such as approaching a drum-circle of folks that obviously don't live here and tell them that the front lawn of the fanciest hotel, or the lobby of the Taos County Sheriff is "a major intersection of the largest Ley Lines in the area"... "an amazingly powerful and Spiritual place". LOL. So much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    I've freaked out hippies before by smoking Latakia around them, I'm hoping for an even better reaction with the Ennerdale.

The tourists are entertaining also. Taos gets normal tourists (mostly from TX and OK), but Taos also gets "wannabee hippy type tourists". They are fun to strike up conversations with and to send off on entertaining missions. Such as approaching a drum-circle of folks that obviously don't live here and tell them that the front lawn of the fanciest hotel, or the lobby of the Taos County Sheriff is "a major intersection of the largest Ley Lines in the area"... "an amazingly powerful and Spiritual place". LOL. So much fun.
    Confusing hippies is fine sport (although a bit too close to dynamiting fish in a barrel). If they are unable to "find their centre" by smell they will indeed be confused. Ennerdale will certainly do the trick.

The real treat will come when they start telling you that they can "feel the power" of the fictitious features. What fun!

Not the morning, but I too am set to smoke Ennerdale. Started on this a couple of days ago after a long hiatus. We must be connected by Ley Lines.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Now that right there -- is hilarious. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Confusing hippies is fine sport (although a bit too close to dynamiting fish in a barrel). If they are unable to "find their centre" by smell they will indeed be confused. Ennerdale will certainly do the trick.

The real treat will come when they start telling you that they can "feel the power" of the fictitious features. What fun!

Not the morning, but I too am set to smoke Ennerdale. Started on this a couple of days ago after a long hiatus. We must be connected by Ley Lines.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this. You have convinced me. I have many, many fine briar pipes but I will now search for a Country Gentleman. Bad stem would be a deal breaker for me though, so I especially appreciate the link to better stems. Do you order one specifically for the Country Gentlman -- or do they all fit as is?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    It may be just me, but of all the cobs I have (six, I believe) the Country Gentleman is by far the best and most reliable smoker; I have two of them. And since it hasn't been said yet, the only thing not good about a Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe is the crappy stem it comes fitted with; apologies to those who like them. I think we all would encourage you to pick up a Forever Stem (here: 'Forever' Stems), assuming once you try a cob you agree with us that they're smokeworthy.

I can only go a couple of days with briars before I reach for a Country Gentleman, like this banded one with a tortoise Forever Stem.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Most all the MM cobs are "filtered", though I don't know if anyone uses the filters. I don't. The Forever Stems for any filtered cob, such as the Country Gentleman, fit any other filtered cob. You're probably safe ordering the filtered. Here's more info: Filtered/Unfiltered

Also, there is a list of all the "filtered" cobs along the right hand side of this page: 'Forever' Stems
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 05-03-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Thank you. I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to reply and send the information.

Michael

Most all the MM cobs are "filtered", though I don't know if anyone uses the filters. I don't. The Forever Stems for any filtered cob, such as the Country Gentleman, fit any other filtered cob. You're probably safe ordering the filtered. Here's more info: Filtered/Unfiltered

Also, there is a list of all the "filtered" cobs along the right hand side of this page: 'Forever' Stems

Glorious weather, stretching past the week forecast. Really nice out there! Having some 56 year old PA, courtesy of Dan, in the Country Gentleman. Coffee, coffee, coffee!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Most all the MM cobs are "filtered", though I don't know if anyone uses the filters. ...
    Lately I've been using the Savinelli balsa inserts in my MM cobs. I find the draw is a little too open when using the stock stems without a filter. I've also noticed that filterless stock stems collect moisture more than unfiltered stems. The balsa inserts counteract that nicely.

I will enjoy no pipe this morning as the weather is unseasonably cool and rainy.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

I cut a pipe cleaner in half and fold a half pipe cleaner into V and insert it in the shank instead of a filter. It makes for a good dry smoke without having to run a pipe cleaner during the smoke.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Some 50 year old PA in my MM Country Gentleman (thanks @pipinho ) and some Dunhill EMP in my Meer. Also three big cups of Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut coffee. It's been a good morning!

A few bowls of Ashton Artisan's Blend while watching the old crocks rattle by on the London-Brighton HCVS run. Beautiful warm and sunny day.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Sugar Barrel to start off another perfect golf day. Phil Harris once said, "I always shoot in the 70s. Any hotter or colder and I don't play." He'd be out there this week! Perfecto. No wind to speak of today or yesterday, either.

Was missing Morgan the Traveler, one of our cats, all night. She was locked in the garage. I feel terrible. Cats are pretty resilient though -- I like her chances of recovery.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

A bowl of FVF in a Peterson Belgique.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Sugar Barrel to start off another perfect golf day. Phil Harris once said, "I always shoot in the 70s. Any hotter or colder and I don't play." He'd be out there this week! Perfecto. No wind to speak of today or yesterday, either.

Was missing Morgan the Traveler, one of our cats, all night. She was locked in the garage. I feel terrible. Cats are pretty resilient though -- I like her chances of recovery.
    Don't act too guilty; cats love that martyr stuff...
    ********.com

Good morning Puff!

Lacrosse in the rain yesterday, but I was proud of our high school club team. They defeated two of their arch rivals and silenced the obnoxious parents from the second team. It was a great day despite the weather.

Not so memorable bowl of my random mixture in the basket pipe. I think it needs a thorough cleaning as I'm getting a lot of tar and various ghosts rather than the baccy I wished I was enjoying.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!