Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 330 of 601 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 380 430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Good morning all, not sure what the hell I'm gonna have. My choices are slim. I may end up smoking ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Good morning all, not sure what the hell I'm gonna have. My choices are slim. I may end up smoking a cigarette.

I really just came on in here to say hi, and wish everyone fair winds on a Monday!
    You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within.

Stoking up some Irish Oak. Not a lot left of this, so I anticipate that my litter of jars will drop by one come Wednesday. Next head on the chopping block, a smallish amount of Patriot Flake. In order to give me some motivation, I'm not going to open the PA until I empty the Patriot Flake. Going to have to construct a new Dart Mix today.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy1982 View Post
    Good morning all, not sure what the hell I'm gonna have. My choices are slim. I may end up smoking a cigarette.

I really just came on in here to say hi, and wish everyone fair winds on a Monday!
    Don't do it LOL. Hello!
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Stoking up some Irish Oak. Not a lot left of this, so I anticipate that my litter of jars will drop by one come Wednesday. Next head on the chopping block, a smallish amount of Patriot Flake. In order to give me some motivation, I'm not going to open the PA until I empty the Patriot Flake. Going to have to construct a new Dart Mix today.
    I didn't think you could make dart mix without PA?
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    I didn't think you could make dart mix without PA?
    Hmmm... I don't know if there's PA in this or not. Probably. Could be Sir Walter Raleigh, too, but I can't remember. About the only two ingredients I'm sure of are Three Blind Moose and KK. sigh. My brain has become a mere sieve.

But, I think that's as good an excuse to open a tub as I've come up with yet, so PA it is!

And I think I won't wait. PA in the 4Dot on the way.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Enjoying a bowl of Lane 1Q in my favorite Tim West Pipe. Big bowl, deep bend....heaven on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Hmmm... I don't know if there's PA in this or not. Probably. Could be Sir Walter Raleigh, too, but I can't remember. About the only two ingredients I'm sure of are Three Blind Moose and KK. sigh. My brain has become a mere sieve.

But, I think that's as good an excuse to open a tub as I've come up with yet, so PA it is!

And I think I won't wait. PA in the 4Dot on the way.
    Jim, I wish I could follow this post of yours. Really want to try what you like. Just can't make heads or tails as to what it is.
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

No longer a community member.

Gatlinburlier Cumberland in a Dr. G Duke

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    Jim, I wish I could follow this post of yours. Really want to try what you like. Just can't make heads or tails as to what it is.
    Prince Albert in a tub. Kendal's Kentucky, a nice burley from GH&Co. Three Blind Moose, an aromatic from 4noggins. These and other tobaccos have been the backbone of Dart Mix, a blend I put together ad lib to smoke while playing darts. There is no accounting for taste, but I think it tastes pretty good, has some nicotine content (the KK), and a very pleasant room note.

University Flake in the MM Patriot this morning with a hint of Lakeland thanks to previous bowls of LA Flake. I haven't seen it lately, but when I first joined Puff many people said cobs don't ghost. I've got an MM Egg ghosted by the extremely HTF Barlog mixture and now this Patriot.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Just spent half an hour looking for the Dart Mix recipe. I did remember that it also contains Five Brothers, but can't find the specific formulation of this last batch, even though I know I posted it. sigh. No matter, the new one will be fine, I'm sure.

Just made three small samples out the remainder of the old batch, to be dispatched this afternoon. Right now, some fresh PA from a new tub!

Jim, I wish we were neighbors... Darts! LOL

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

PA in a cob during my morning commute up the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    Jim, I wish we were neighbors... Darts! LOL
    I'm in my 59th year of standing at the oche. I have a 12 dart 501, a 12 dart cricket, quite a few 3 dart 101s, a handful of 6-dart 301s, 1 throw of 6 bulls, and I've taken out everything except 167. Sounds like I can throw a little, but I can't really. I suck now. Throw enough darts, good things occasionally crop up. For example, my one out from 160 took place in the following manner: My partner was a member of US dart team, Billy Glover. My opponents were Tim Schools, another US team player, and "Rocket", some local Dallas thrower about my strength. Trying for T20, T20, D20, I spasmed into the double bull with my first dart. Calmly regrouping, I threw T20 and another DB. And I've yet to do it properly.

More of this freshly opened PA! Excellent! And I've pulled out a pouch of the original 5B for the Dart Mix.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

You have intriqued me. I ordered two Country Gentlemans and the bits you recommended. After 40 years of smoking briar pipes I am looking forward to this new experience. Again -- thank you for taking the time to reply and furnish the info you did Brother. I sincerely appreciate your efforts.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    It may be just me, but of all the cobs I have (six, I believe) the Country Gentleman is by far the best and most reliable smoker; I have two of them. And since it hasn't been said yet, the only thing not good about a Missouri Meerschaum corn cob pipe is the crappy stem it comes fitted with; apologies to those who like them. I think we all would encourage you to pick up a Forever Stem (here: 'Forever' Stems), assuming once you try a cob you agree with us that they're smokeworthy.

I can only go a couple of days with briars before I reach for a Country Gentleman, like this banded one with a tortoise Forever Stem.