Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 331 of 601 FirstFirst ... 231 281 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 381 431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by freestoke I'm in my 59th year of standing at the oche. I have a 12 dart 501, ...

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I'm in my 59th year of standing at the oche. I have a 12 dart 501, a 12 dart cricket, quite a few 3 dart 101s, a handful of 6-dart 301s, 1 throw of 6 bulls, and I've taken out everything except 167. Sounds like I can throw a little, but I can't really. I suck now. Throw enough darts, good things occasionally crop up. For example, my one out from 160 took place in the following manner: My partner was a member of US dart team, Billy Glover. My opponents were Tim Schools, another US team player, and "Rocket", some local Dallas thrower about my strength. Trying for T20, T20, D20, I spasmed into the double bull with my first dart. Calmly regrouping, I threw T20 and another DB. And I've yet to do it properly.

More of this freshly opened PA! Excellent! And I've pulled out a pouch of the original 5B for the Dart Mix.
    I once got a friend in the head. He was behind me. Try that Jim LOL
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

I'm in my 59th year of standing at the oche. I have a 12 dart 501, a 12 dart cricket, quite a few 3 dart 101s, a handful of 6-dart 301s, 1 throw of 6 bulls, and I've taken out everything except 167. Sounds like I can throw a little, but I can't really. I suck now. Throw enough darts, good things occasionally crop up. For example, my one out from 160 took place in the following manner: My partner was a member of US dart team, Billy Glover. My opponents were Tim Schools, another US team player, and "Rocket", some local Dallas thrower about my strength. Trying for T20, T20, D20, I spasmed into the double bull with my first dart. Calmly regrouping, I threw T20 and another DB. And I've yet to do it properly.

More of this freshly opened PA! Excellent! And I've pulled out a pouch of the original 5B for the Dart Mix.
    All I understood from this post, Jim, is that you had some more PA.
    You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    University Flake in the MM Patriot this morning with a hint of Lakeland thanks to previous bowls of LA Flake. I haven't seen it lately, but when I first joined Puff many people said cobs don't ghost. I've got an MM Egg ghosted by the extremely HTF Barlog mixture and now this Patriot.
    Whoever said that was wrong mate. I once smoked Ennerdale in a cob. What do you think happened?

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

I am a Noobie. Would you please explain what you mean by the term "Ghosted"? Thanks.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    University Flake in the MM Patriot this morning with a hint of Lakeland thanks to previous bowls of LA Flake. I haven't seen it lately, but when I first joined Puff many people said cobs don't ghost. I've got an MM Egg ghosted by the extremely HTF Barlog mixture and now this Patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    I am a Noobie. Would you please explain what you mean by the term "Ghosted"? Thanks.

Michael
    The smell of certain tobaccos stays in the pipe, binding with the char or the shank wood. Can be pretty awful in estate pipes that haven't been cleaned. Personally, I can't imagine LF ghosting anything, but then I like Ennerdale. For me, ghosting doesn't seem to affect much, since I just burn it away with a few bowls of PA or Five Brothers and enjoy the extra flavor. If it's something I can't tolerate, I probably wouldn't have smoked much of it anyhow, to the phantasm wouldn't have gotten in too deep, my Ennerdale pipe is the Szabo, not so much because I worry about it, but a pipe having entertained Ennerdale is no longer allowed to be smoked indoors. I also smoke 1792 in the Szabo. Love 'em both! I generally don't smoke anything new and weird in a briar, but use one of my many cobs. Ghosting is one of the reasons people dedicate pipes to particular tobaccos in general.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    I once got a friend in the head. He was behind me. Try that Jim LOL
    Sounds like my bowling...
    ********.com

No longer a community member.

Frog Morton Celler in a MM cob

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy1982 View Post
    All I understood from this post, Jim, is that you had some more PA.
    Dartspeak.

Opening with PA in the 4Dot and lots of coffee.

Cleverly turning the duplicate into a second post. Added some 5B to the PA for a bonus morning lift. Gotta get the Royal Yacht out of the sloop here directly.

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Sounds like my bowling...
    Now that's a different animal right there
    Getting ready for a Honeydew breakfast. Was great dir dinner last night too
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

The smell of certain tobaccos stays in the pipe, binding with the char or the shank wood. Can be pretty awful in estate pipes that haven't been cleaned. Personally, I can't imagine LF ghosting anything, but then I like Ennerdale. For me, ghosting doesn't seem to affect much, since I just burn it away with a few bowls of PA or Five Brothers and enjoy the extra flavor. If it's something I can't tolerate, I probably wouldn't have smoked much of it anyhow, to the phantasm wouldn't have gotten in too deep, my Ennerdale pipe is the Szabo, not so much because I worry about it, but a pipe having entertained Ennerdale is no longer allowed to be smoked indoors. I also smoke 1792 in the Szabo. Love 'em both! I generally don't smoke anything new and weird in a briar, but use one of my many cobs. Ghosting is one of the reasons people dedicate pipes to particular tobaccos in general.
    What Jim said. Basically a "ghost" is the residual essence from a strongly flavored blend like an English or Lakeland.

PA in the Savinelli 811 this morning.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Royal Yacht in the dedicated bent acorn during my morning commute up the mountain.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this -- and for your patience in explaining it. Thanks again.

Michael

Condemnation in CBD Moorgate, accompanied by Café Bustelo brewed in an Imusa perculator. Good morning!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    Royal Yacht in the dedicated bent acorn during my morning commute up the mountain.
    I've been smoking a lot of Royal Yacht the last two days. I've finally figured this is #1 on my list - at least this week - and perfection in a Country Gent.
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 05-08-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?