Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 333 of 598 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 383 433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 8965

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by MarkC Anybody else old enough to see this and have "HIX NIX STIX PIX" flash before your ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Anybody else old enough to see this and have "HIX NIX STIX PIX" flash before your eyes?
    Hmm...the first thing that pops into my mind is Mr. Mxyzptlk. Maybe I'm too old.

My first cup of coffee with a bowl of PA in the 4Dot. As soon as I'm awake, I need to go reinforce the swing I discovered in the back yard after golf yesterday. Hopefully the rain will hold off until a little later, since there are errands filling up the morning. I need "people" to do these things for me.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

No longer a community member.

SPS Kentucky Planter in a Medico Double-Dri

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Good to hear. Thought I might be losing my touch.
    No worries there Jim, you've still got it.

Old Gowrie (again...) in the Leonessa dublin.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Royal Yacht in a CG this morning. My regime is so predictable, but when I depart from it I'm always disappointed. Tried some Royal Viking for yesterday's commute - NOTHING like Royal Yacht, and the bowl went out the car window before I was even halfway through. To be replaced by something truly "royal".
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Had a head spinning bowl of D&R Rimboche in the MM legend. Loses a little spice with age. Still the best Perique you can buy.

Awaiting Confirmation

London Mixture this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Royal Yacht in a CG this morning. My regime is so predictable, but when I depart from it I'm always disappointed. Tried some Royal Viking for yesterday's commute - NOTHING like Royal Yacht, and the bowl went out the car window before I was even halfway through. To be replaced by something truly "royal".
    Royal Jersey - Perique perhaps?
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Just spent half an hour looking for the Dart Mix recipe. I did remember that it also contains Five Brothers, but can't find the specific formulation of this last batch, even though I know I posted it. sigh. No matter, the new one will be fine, I'm sure.

Just made three small samples out the remainder of the old batch, to be dispatched this afternoon. Right now, some fresh PA from a new tub!
    One of which just landed on my desk. Now, I'm very curious as to what is in here, because I admit it smells really, really good. I'm betting at a minimum there is some Three Blind Moose in here. While I usually avoid anything approaching the "aromaticized", if this has a little punch do it (and knowing Jim, and darts, it should), I will most likely make a fine meal of it.

THANKS, JIM!

EDIT: according to an older post by Jim, this is: Prince Albert + Kendal Kentucky + Three Blind Moose, possibly more? From the aromas alone I would say it could use a tad more KK, but otherwise very nice. I will be trying this out on the ride home tonight.

I always thought Kendal Kentucky was dark-fired Virginias (and Kendal Dark a mix of dark-fired and air-cured Virginias), yet I see Burley mentioned a lot with the KK. Why might that be?
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 05-10-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    One of which just landed on my desk. Now, I'm very curious as to what is in here, because I admit it smells really, really good. I'm betting at a minimum there is some Three Blind Moose in here. While I usually avoid anything approaching the "aromaticized", if this has a little punch do it (and knowing Jim, and darts, it should), I will most likely make a fine meal of it.

THANKS, JIM!

EDIT: according to an older post by Jim, this is: Prince Albert + Kendal Kentucky + Three Blind Moose, possibly more?
    Pretty sure there is PA, but not positive. Maybe SWR? KK, FiveB, definitely. Anything beyond the Three Blind Moose and KK and codger burley will be fairly strong, whatever it is. Could even have IF or LF in it. NOt a powerhouse, but a good smoke for darts. Hope you like it!

Smoke a ton out of the pouch today, another KK mix. About six or seven small cobs full. Tonight, the Royal Yacht!

Hmm...the first thing that pops into my mind is Mr. Mxyzptlk. Maybe I'm too old.
    I can't remember off hand when he first appeared, or what year Yankee Doodle Dandy came out (the headline 'hix nix stix pix' was explained in a funny scene); about the same time, weren't they?

Hmmm...it's technically morning, and as I'm posting here already (and don't want to follow my own post from last night on the 'tonight' thread...): Balkan Sasieni in my Altinok meer. I know everyone says virginia's benefit the most from aging, and long range, I'm sure they're right, but three years on this stuff is mighty fine.
    ********.com

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

I think Jim is onto something here.
    Looking forward to a trifecta of Billy bud and Blk Cav with B&B's best of the rest, thrown into the bag where the last smidgen of Penzance sent to me by Dan R. came in.
    Should make for a fine early Sat. brunch from my refubed Kwoody. Humm` what an aroma there be here.
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I know everyone says virginia's benefit the most from aging, and long range, I'm sure they're right, but three years on this stuff is mighty fine.
    I've read things here and there that seem to indicate that after a year or two the law of diminishing returns sets in. Might be as good as it will ever be, Mark!

A 4Dot/PA for me this morning and then I'm finishing the Irish Oak.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

FVF in my new Dr G. grand duke.

It was an impulse buy at Walgreens yesterday. It's good sized, rusticated, long-stemmed and attractive. I can actually fit my little finger in it, which I can not do to half my pipes.

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

A hot and steaming mug of Ethiopian coffee is helping to jump-start this morning. Puffing on a bowl of Black House with a pinch of Syrian Latakia in a Worobiec Gdanska.

WOROBIEC GDAŃSKA by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    Credo quia absurdum!

I know it's not morning, but I'm slow to post. Couple of bowls of Irish Flake in the meer. Enjoying the weather, and about to go out for an early Mother's Day dinner.