Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 334 of 601 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 384 434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Latakius Vituscan A hot and steaming mug of Ethiopian coffee is helping to jump-start this morning. Puffing ...

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Latakius Vituscan View Post
    A hot and steaming mug of Ethiopian coffee is helping to jump-start this morning. Puffing on a bowl of Black House with a pinch of Syrian Latakia in a Worobiec Gdanska.

WOROBIEC GDAŃSKA by GoerzDagor, on Flickr
    And it it is again Sir DJ...
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    One of which just landed on my desk. Now, I'm very curious as to what is in here, because I admit it smells really, really good. I'm betting at a minimum there is some Three Blind Moose in here. While I usually avoid anything approaching the "aromaticized", if this has a little punch do it (and knowing Jim, and darts, it should), I will most likely make a fine meal of it.

THANKS, JIM!

EDIT: according to an older post by Jim, this is: Prince Albert + Kendal Kentucky + Three Blind Moose, possibly more? From the aromas alone I would say it could use a tad more KK, but otherwise very nice. I will be trying this out on the ride home tonight.

I always thought Kendal Kentucky was dark-fired Virginias (and Kendal Dark a mix of dark-fired and air-cured Virginias), yet I see Burley mentioned a lot with the KK. Why might that be?
    Had a very exciting day today, as for the first time EVER my wife came in from the mailbox (smelling the envelope as she entered) and says, "it looks like you got some tobacco from a friend (another deep whiff of the envelope), and it smells really good!"

Looks like I am one of the privileged few to join in the "dart mix" sampling. Not too aromatic, but just enough. It really does smell delightful. I am saving it for my morning coffee, so I will report in the morning! Thanks Jim!!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I've read things here and there that seem to indicate that after a year or two the law of diminishing returns sets in. Might be as good as it will ever be, Mark!
    Then I'd better smoke fast...
    ********.com

Good morning fellas. My daughter graduates from UI urbana-champaign today at the very top of her class. The youngest and my baby. I broke out my favorite little Irish pipe and had one of Altadis chocolate truffle (bulk) an absolute prefect blend from P&C and followed it up with strong coffee and a bowl of Picayune from D&R that had been mellowing out for ac year. It's a head spinning blend of St. James Perique and sweet Virginia and others. Smoking the good stuff on a great day is the best thing in life.

Quote Originally Posted by madbricky View Post
    Good morning fellas. My daughter graduates from UI urbana-champaign today at the very top of her class.
    Outstanding! Literally! A morning bowl of PA in the 4Dot for me.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by madbricky View Post
    Good morning fellas. My daughter graduates from UI urbana-champaign today at the very top of her class.

Congrats!

I have a bowl of Early Morning pipe in a Dr. G Royalton

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I had a bowl of something I packed last night whilst tippling.

I have no idea what it was, but it was very good. I smoked it in a MM cob while driving to work this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Looks like I am one of the privileged few to join in the "dart mix" sampling. Not too aromatic, but just enough. It really does smell delightful. I am saving it for my morning coffee, so I will report in the morning! Thanks Jim!!
    More than welcome! Think I'll have some Royal Yacht in the Darth Rader! (Thanks, Dan! )

Enjoying my Dart Mix with some black coffee, and I must say that this is a delightful blend. Not that I don't have confidence in Jim's tobacco mixing abilities, but this is much better than I anticipated - like, Damn Good! I only say that because I've mixed plenty of scraps together in the past, and they are rarely as good as their original components. Where do I place my order?

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Where do I place my order?
    4noggins, I guess. Three Blind Moose is the "secret ingredient", I'd say. Just mixed up the new batch and again not bad at all. Testing my first bowl of it, with the eminently fine smoker, the Two Dot apple. The real test will be a Legend at the oche. This one has 2 parts KK, 1 part 5B, 1 part PA and 1 part 3BM. I've already forgotten what the previous one tasted like. Maybe it had SWR instead of PA, though. I'll go the SWR route the next batch and compare, probably about August or September.

Really glad you liked it, Dan!

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    And it it is again Sir DJ...
    That blend, Jack, may have had a pinch of Plutonium, hence the glow!

What a morning! It's a very typical spring day here in the NorthWest. Overcast, 64F/17.8C, winds calm and drops of water are dripping from the fir needles...and the GREEN...emerald all around. And the birds, ravens, crows, Mourning Doves, little songbirds, all are adding to the enchantment of this magic morning. I'm starting off the morning with MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian in a CAO meerschaum and a steaming mug of Ethiopian coffee.

CAO Meerschaum_05.20.2012_e by GoerzDagor, on Flickr

Later this morning I'll be taking The Loving Wife to a Mother's Day brunch. Then the rest of the day will involve more pipes and perhaps some Oriental mixtures with Syrian Latakia. This will be a good day to continue with Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher: The Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward Curtis by Timothy Egan.
    Credo quia absurdum!

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

You sure do have some beautiful pipes! Thanks for posting the pictures! I really enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Latakius Vituscan View Post
    That blend, Jack, may have had a pinch of Plutonium, hence the glow!

What a morning! It's a very typical spring day here in the NorthWest. Overcast, 64F/17.8C, winds calm and drops of water are dripping from the fir needles...and the GREEN...emerald all around. And the birds, ravens, crows, Mourning Doves, little songbirds, all are adding to the enchantment of this magic morning. I'm starting off the morning with MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian in a CAO meerschaum and a steaming mug of Ethiopian coffee.

CAO Meerschaum_05.20.2012_e by GoerzDagor, on Flickr

Later this morning I'll be taking The Loving Wife to a Mother's Day brunch. Then the rest of the day will involve more pipes and perhaps some Oriental mixtures with Syrian Latakia. This will be a good day to continue with Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher: The Epic Life and Immortal Photographs of Edward Curtis by Timothy Egan.

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

I think the pipes do help illustrate the vistas in all their photographic manners. "Plutonium" you say? Never thought about what it would taste like?, but it does have a nice effect on the wood for sure DJ
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Trying a little Sugar Barrel this morning with my coffee. Not much Vitamin N, but I stoked up pretty well before crashing. The IO is finally finished.

Really disappointed that Garcia bit the dust yesterday. I disliked Tiger Woods while he was still an "amateur", so I'm never happy to see him win. (In case you haven't already heard me bitching about this, his father took hundreds of thousands of dollars from Cobra Golf for Woods to play their driver while he was still an "amateur". In my opinion, Tiger should be stripped of his US Amateur titles.)

Terry, you said, "I always thought Kendal Kentucky was dark-fired Virginias (and Kendal Dark a mix of dark-fired and air-cured Virginias), yet I see Burley mentioned a lot with the KK. Why might that be?" I think KK is ALL burley, isn't it? I was under the impression that "Kentucky" was a type of burley -- and that's all that's listed for the content at tabakrevs. Yeah, it's not a ripper blend, but I chain smoke it playing darts. A higher Vitamin N content would probably gang up on me and give me the twitches at the oche. Anyhow, hope it served you well.

Some thoroughly dried University Flake in an MM Egg this morning. For my tastes, Uni Flake really needs a wide bowl...

I finally tried some Robusto from Pease last night. This is a complex blend and I'm not sure the small bowl of my Savinelli CW did it justice (is there a theme here?). I can't wait to get to know this blend in a wider bowl.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!