Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 335 of 599 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 385 435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 8973

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by freestoke . . .Terry, you said, "I always thought Kendal Kentucky was dark-fired Virginias (and Kendal Dark ...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    . . .Terry, you said, "I always thought Kendal Kentucky was dark-fired Virginias (and Kendal Dark a mix of dark-fired and air-cured Virginias), yet I see Burley mentioned a lot with the KK. Why might that be?" I think KK is ALL burley, isn't it? I was under the impression that "Kentucky" was a type of burley -- and that's all that's listed for the content at tabakrevs. Yeah, it's not a ripper blend, but I chain smoke it playing darts. A higher Vitamin N content would probably gang up on me and give me the twitches at the oche. Anyhow, hope it served you well.
    Here's the description of Kendal Kentucky from tobaccoreviews.com: "Kendal Kentucky is a full bodied, full strength tobacco of 100% African grown (Malawi, Uganda and Tanzania) variation of the actual Kentucky seed. These tobaccos are fire-cured which gives them their distinctive aroma and flavor. This is a fairly strong, but exceptionally cool tobacco for the lovers of dark-fired Virginias."

And for Kendal Dark: "Same as Dark Flake in a very fine or shag cut." The only tobacco listed in contents is Viriginia.
    But Dark Flake? Lists both Burley and Virginia. What the hell?

I know I have read more than once that Kentucky is fire-cured Burley, but I've come to the conclusion that I may never know for sure. I'll just shut up and smoke...

I had two bowls of Dart Mix while running errands yesterday, by the way. It smokes very well, with a very pleasant room (or car, in my case) note. I think the version you sent me was probably with SWR instead of PA, as I did notice a very slight bite to it (SWR does that to me). That Three Blind Moose is almost edible - I'm thinking for me though I might have to mix it with something stronger. Ever tried three parts Irish Flake to one part 3BM?
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 05-13-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Ever tried three parts Irish Flake to one part 3BM?
    No -- but I fully intend to! Yeah, I can't figure "Kentucky" out either. I went in quest for the answer back when, but couldn't solve the riddle. I guess it seems like something called "Kentucky" would be other than a Virginia, but who knows? Canada geese are all born in the US, so they're natural US citizens, not Canadians. Go figure.

The new batch seems to be a bit stouter, so it may have less 3BM and more KK and 5B in it than the old, but it's still not bad!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    I know I have read more than once that Kentucky is fire-cured Burley, but I've come to the conclusion that I may never know for sure. I'll just shut up and smoke...
    I hear you; I threw away my scorecard.
    ********.com

No longer a community member.

SPS Kentucky Planter in a MM Cob

Got up late today. Gonna crank up some RY to get the blood flowing. Pretty nice day, if a little cold. Maybe the par 3 and the range today. Gonna play Rome Country Club tomorrow, where I was club champion back in -- -- 1989. Yeah, before some of you were born. Really nice layout!

Old Gowrie again (yes, there is a pattern here) in the Edward's 1/4 bent bulldog.

Today I will sit in front of a computer in a conference room for at least 10 hours. To shake things up tomorrow I will sit in front of a computer for at least 10 hours, but in a different conference room.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    Today I will sit in front of a computer in a conference room for at least 10 hours. To shake things up tomorrow I will sit in front of a computer for at least 10 hours, but in a different conference room.
    Stop it, I'm having flashbacks! Which reminds me of a story! I worked mostly with the government as a contractor, so I wound up in these interminable meetings sometimes. A govie coworker faced these continuously, and complained that he would have to get up and go to the bathroom sometimes because they'd go two or three hours non-stop. I informed him that it was illegal to keep a govie's nose to the grindstone for over 50 minutes at a time, and that the law dictated 10 minute breaks. He looked it up, found out I was right, and demanded and got 10 minute breaks per hour for everybody who was involved with the "Slavemaster". They've probably repealed that by now, huh? I learned about it in the service, when they were giving us training on zero defects, where gong too long without a break leads to accidents -- and really stupid decisions.

More RY!

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Bob's Chocolate Flake in the dedicated Hilson Dublin.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

More Royal Yacht for me this morning, as well, in the well-colored meer.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Maturing Puffer Fish

I'm late in posting this but had some Anniversary Kake in a MM Legend on my drive to work.

No longer a community member.

Velvet in a Dr. G Duke

Good morning! Probably going to rain on our parade around Rome Country Club, with big wind. "If there's no rain or wind, there's no golf" as the inventors say. Not much rain, but the extra wind should make up for it. I'm filing suit against Canada with the International Weather Court! I've had all's I can stand and I can't stands no more!

Gonna start with some PA in a Pride and a quick gallon of coffee.

Wow, a dupe for my first post of the day. This does not bode well for the day.

SG Chocolate Flake. On to the other conference room today...
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Found an old jar of Patriot Flake. Been a while since I've smoked this type of tobacco and it's nice for a change. Even cranking up one of my first string smokers for the job, the Bari Dana.