Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 341 of 600 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 391 441 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 8990

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by bluesman.54 Jim, I really like the pipe in your picture. What kind is it and where was ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    Jim,

I really like the pipe in your picture. What kind is it and where was it made? Do you smoke it often?

Michael
    What picture?
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

The one on the left with your profile info...

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    What picture?

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

It's just a default img that Puff uses to identify its members who've exceeded a certain number of pipe trades I think. Deff a srtight billiard with an awesome smooth glossy finish thoug. Has to be a E. Nording but I can't really tell for sure. Here's one similar...

it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    RANT MODE

I hope at least it's a "real" motorcycle rally. Nothing worse than having a bunch of fat, middle-aged wannabe "bikers" sipping Chardonnay, loudly reminiscing about their guided "adventure" with their rented "Hogs" (probably some Suzuki cruiser - "They're just like Harleys but SOOO much more reliable...") to the Algarve or whatever the equivalent in the US might be ("The food's FANTASTIC and it's SOOO inexpensive. We found a local bar where you can get the authentic experience - not like those DREADFUL tourist places.")

Thankfully, I recognise that I'm too old, too fat and like my Chardonnay too much to attend rallies anymore.

/RANT MODE

I'm off to the porch to scowl at passerbys (no reason - they just annoy me these days) and smoke an S-M Barling's Make Lovat full of Germain's Rich Dark Flake.
    I remember mentioning having a bike to someone once who then asked "do you have a Harley?". I said, no, I have a Kawasaki. The garage already had a grease spot when I moved in...
    ********.com

No longer a community member.

What's do a labrador and a Harley have in common?... They both like riding in the back of pick-ups.

SPS Bosphorus Cruise in a MM bent cob

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I remember mentioning having a bike to someone once who then asked "do you have a Harley?". I said, no, I have a Kawasaki. The garage already had a grease spot when I moved in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    What's do a labrador and a Harley have in common?... They both like riding in the back of pick-ups.
    Steady... I've got a Hardly Driveable that is both oil-tight and reliable.

It's a Harley AMC badged Aermacchi 350 SS Sprint...

Ashton's Artisan's Blend in a Myon Royale Straight Bulldog.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    It's just a default img that Puff uses to identify its members who've exceeded a certain number of pipe trades I think.
    Yeah, if you hover over it with the mouse, it says "Puff Pipe Trader". Great looking Nording, Jack, but whatever it is, I don't have one.

Waking up with some SB in the 4Dot this morning. Coffee. Having a very hard time achieving full consciousness this morning.

Stop talking about motorcycles people. After 8 or 9 years of forgetting about them I've got the bug again. Never ridden in my life but the KLR 650 is calling to me.

PA/Nutty Cut/Uni Flake/Brown Bogie cocktail in the bulldog this morning. Damn fine mixture, I ended up driving bout 10 miles out of my way just to finish it.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

My riding days are in the past, I'm afraid. I got rid of my last bike about five years ago when I moved to Oregon, and wanted to replace it eventually. But I'm fifty-five, and with my health problems, a fall would probably shatter my skeleton at this point. Not worth the risk anymore.

More Astley's 55...
    ********.com

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

London Mixture in the Pete Killarney today. A surprisingly good smoke, never been the biggest fan of my Peterson. Might have to put it to work more often after this morning!

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Robert: It's a real MC rally, with real bikers. We will host 15, or 16 thousand of them this long weekend. Yes, there will be some CPA's and dentists here in black leather, but there will also be Hell's Angles, Banditos, Mongols, etc. They will drink and drug all weekend, not sleep, and cruise every street in town 24/7. The decibel level will stay around 100Db 24/7 till it's over.

Jim: I find it difficult to believe that pretentious, elderly hippies could come close to the same level of annoyance as what I described above. Plus, it was a one time event 14 years ago... this rally happens every year.

So far I've had a bowl of Bayou Morning in a Dr G during my drive up the mountain to work, and a bowl of PA on a cob to celebrate feeding breakfast to the whole hotel.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Enjoying my first bowl of St. Peter 41 Cube Cut in a new MM bent Country Gentleman. Man -- I really like those pipes and am dedicating some to specific tobaccos the Brothers mention on this list. This is great for me. Still can't get over it though. A Corn cob pipe -- Who'd a thunk it? And still cleaning my other briar and meershaum according to the sticky Blaylock up some time ago. I canot believe all the new things this forum has brought me. Thank you for you patience with me and all you share.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    Jim: I find it difficult to believe that pretentious, elderly hippies could come close to the same level of annoyance as what I described above. Plus, it was a one time event 14 years ago... this rally happens every year.
    Having a bowl of 5B in the 4Dot with a Sugar Barrel bottom liner. Pretty good, with the sugar taste wafting up early on. As for Woodstock 99, old hippies would have been okay, probably, it was the nouveau hippies that were the problem, people who weren't even born in 1969 and wouldn't know a peace protest from a crowd waiting for tickets to the Superbowl. I'm not saying Woodstock the First was altogether pleasant, but the one here was rather violent, a few murders, rapes, and lots of arson (setting a bunch of tractor trailers on fire at the end). They also leveled 3 acres of virgin timber so they could put tents, wiping out a legally set aside bird sanctuary with lots of rarish birds living there. (They actually paid friends and family to chop them down and sell the wood on top of it. Many people in the area would have harvested the trees for nothing and made their money selling the timber, but then friends and family wouldn't have been able to turn a dishonest buck, now would they?) The whole shebang was run by the biggest criminals in the area, and they managed to funnel all the profits to New Jersey. The only good thing was that it cost them a fortune to clean up the trash, an operation that took literally months. As for noise, I live about 6 miles from the runway as the crow flies. Very loud at 3 in the morning and deafening right next to it on the golf course. But like you say, it was a one time disaster. You do have my sympathies having to cope with it every year!

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Wow!

Jim, that's crazy.

At the risk of jinxing us, murder, rape and arson are NOT expected at the Memorial Day Rally. But, there will be about 16 thousand Harleys, and maybe two of 'em will have mufflers. The cruising up and down every street will go on 24/7 and the noise won't stop. I've become quite accustomed to a quiet lifestyle. After 12, or so, hours of the constant thumping noise I'll be ready to throw up, and either scream or cry.

Oh well, such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    It's a real MC rally, with real bikers...
    My sympathies. Hugely entertaining to be part of, but clearly a pain in the arse for everyone else. It may be of some comfort to know that, without doubt, someone will ride their bike diagonally across the pitch, demolishing many tents. Also hugely entertaining if it doesn't include your tent.

I find it difficult to believe that pretentious, elderly hippies could come close to the same level of annoyance...
    Yes they can. These types fail to see that "The Man" has won the argument outright. Not only that, but they themselves are (quite happily) part of "The Man" now (There may be rare exceptions - but I don't care.) In the UK these are people who believe that they haven't sold out, but take social benefits from the State to maintain their pretense of an agrarian ideal. Threaten to withdraw their payment and watch them howl. But I'm with Jim in seeing the wannabes as even more annoying with their loathsome designer-hippy fripperies. "Amusing" hats being worst of all. I'd accept a lot of stolen timber in an exchange for a No-Hat guarantee.

But, there will be about 16 thousand Harleys, and maybe two of 'em will have mufflers
    Potato, potato, potato...

My Laverda sets off car alarms as it passes. It's magic!
    Last edited by steinr1; 05-22-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp