Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 343 of 601 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 393 443 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by ProbateGeek Guess I'll just have to be stupid till I get back to the car for the ...

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Guess I'll just have to be stupid till I get back to the car for the evening commute.
    That's okay - I'm used to it.
    That's one smart commuter
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Black Bogie Aromatic in a thimble-bowled (actually much smaller than that) Ropp Prince. Kickstarter for the morning.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Barely getting over 50 today, with big wind and some rain. Golfless. Got an early bowl of Sugar Barrel burning and a nice fresh cup of coffee to overcome the bleak weather. We need a lot of rain to get the gardens started right, though.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Yesterday morning we had 6.8 inches of rain in three hours. Missed my doctors appointment and smoked RY inside. For some reason my wife doesn't mind the room note of RY. Today pleasant and seventies. MM965 for the AM pipe.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Black Bogie Aromatic in a thimble-bowled (actually much smaller than that) Ropp Prince. Kickstarter for the morning.
    I love little pipes my self. This Tim Thorpe would also make for a real tight fitting thimble if I do say so my self.
    In fact, I just finished some rolled up Stonehaven gifted to me by our good BOTL Dan R.
    Win Win

it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Great picture -- beautiful pipe! Thank you for sharing. And another new tobacco to conteplate! Life is Good!

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    I love little pipes my self. This Tim Thorpe would also make for a real tight fitting thimble if I do say so my self.
    In fact, I just finished some rolled up Stonehaven gifted to me by our good BOTL Dan R.
    Win Win

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Enjoying a bowl of Peter St 41 Cube Cut in a Country Gentleman as I work on the computer. Life really is Good!

But that's ENORMOUS.

THIS is a small pipe...

Attachment 77627

Yeco Junior Straight Prince by Ropp
    4 3/4 inch length overall.

(And what's with the Edgeworth Sliced tin? Are you taunting me?)

Maturing Puffer Fish

Man, I think I would trade the weather here for 50 and raining myself, yesterday's high was 100 in the shade. Lucky for me I have my smoking room kinda setup so I can smoke inside and not roast. Need to put in a proper exhaust fan in the ceiling though so I don't have to open the window and use the window fan, brings in too much hot outside air.

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    But that's ENORMOUS.

THIS is a small pipe...

Attachment 77627

Yeco Junior Straight Prince by Ropp
    4 3/4 inch length overall.

(And what's with the Edgeworth Sliced tin? Are you taunting me?)
    Actually identical Robert. Bowl dept is 1" and ID is 3/4 w/an overall length of 4.3/4" Mine's a chode though LOL Your's on the other hand is extremely neat looking.

Actually identical Robert. Bowl dept is 1" and ID is 3/4 w/an overall length of 4.3/4" Mine's a chode though LOL Your's on the other hand is extremely neat looking.
    Not to get into a "mine's smaller than yours" debate, but mine's smaller than yours . As always (and as you point out), it's not just about length - girth is equally important. I/D is 17mm without cake, 14mm-ish with and depth is also 17mm. That's about 5/8 inch for each dimension in good old Imperial measure. I use the pipe for ropes and plugs exclusively as it is useless for anything else. Still smokes for about 20 minutes, though. Talk about pipe smoking being inexpensive - I could stave off nicotine cravings for a month with just 50g of Black Bogie. A single bowl often leaves me reeling. I am clearly worthless and weak.

btw - I also use a small pipe for our local Stonehaven equivalent (Germain's Rich Dark Flake), an S-M Barling's Make Lovat. That stuff puts down the cake in spades; the bowl is rapidly getting smaller still...
    Last edited by steinr1; 05-24-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks Robert good lesson here. More puddin, then cake. And I have some more Tonehaven.

A second bowl of RY in an X-out Legend. Coffee is good this morning, Colombian. (Check out that demonstration of orthographic enlightenment, Terry! )

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    A second bowl of RY in an X-out Legend. Coffee is good this morning, Colombian. (Check out that demonstration of orthographic enlightenment, Terry! )
    Oh, I always notice such things, my friend.

And will join you with RY and coffee - just waking up at 9:40 on a Saturday.
    Nice. Weighed in at 178 this morning - down 29 pounds this year. Feeling virile, and only a baker's dozen to go.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

On my second cup of coffee and second pipe, first the 4Dot with SB, now the CG with -- yeah -- RY.

I just saw it again, that bizarre UPS commercial about shipping your golf clubs ahead so you don't have to hassle with them on business trips. Three guys see their boss checking in without his clubs. They assume that they weren't supposed to bring their clubs, which they are lugging through the hotel lobby when they see him. Two out of three succeed in throwing their clubs into a conveniently located fountain with surrounding pool. (Nice digs for a business trip, I'd say, doubtless with private, world class golf laid on.) The one who misses with his bag toss turns to blame the other two for bringing their golf clubs. Beyond the silliness, I guess the guy accusing the others, while denying his own complicity in the dastardly plan to golf on a "business trip", is "okay" with the viewing public. I think I'd fire the guy. He's a weasel. And if I were one of the other two guys I wouldn't be playing any more golf with him. Judging from that spastic throw I'd bet he's absolutely terrible and probably cheats, so they wouldn't be giving up much.