Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 344 of 601 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 394 444 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Anniversary Kake in a cob during the morning commute up the mountain....

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Anniversary Kake in a cob during the morning commute up the mountain.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Late posting, but two bowls of a 3-way mix of PA, tambo and 5B in the meer. With lots of French roast, black.
    I'm awake.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Louisiana Flake in a Ropp Racine de Vielle Souche Montagnarde. The old Algerian briar of these pipes works splendidly; not a great example of these - I've got better - you can see a small chunk of wood has broken away from an old flaw. Smokes faultlessly, however.

Attachment 77676Attachment 77677

btw - Does anyone else use these Whitecross wind-guards? They do the job as far as I'm concerned although they do scrape at the cake where the spring-loaded mountings sit in the bowl.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

I haven't jumped into that area of pipe paraphernalia, but judging by my journey so far, it's only a matter of time...

Starting the day with a bowl of Montgomery.
    ********.com

No longer a community member.

Frog Morton's Cellar in a MM cob

The antepenultimate bowl of RY from this jar, with one can remaining in the stash. Hopefully the peaches and cherries survived the cold last night. A light frost might have done them in, though. And the peppers might have dropped their flowers and early fruit, so we need a late-ending summer for them to max out. The official "last day of frost" is June 1st around here, so it's nothing unusual for sure. Smooth sailing here on out though, except for the slugs and snails and birds and squirrels and...
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

A small bowl of Anniversary Kake in a Peterson Belgique.

It's a beautiful day, and warm . 74 degrees already outside on the porch.

I'm enjoying not hearing thousands of Harleys.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Smooth sailing here on out though, except for the slugs and snails and birds and squirrels and...
    ...humans.

My parents had a small cherrry tree stolen from their front garden. Worth all of 20. They previously had all the spent heads of a patch of poppies snapped off. We assume for the opium. I despare of humans.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Dunhill EMP in a Gatlinburlier house pipe

50/50 mix of PA and 1Q this morning. This will be a 3 day week for me, but I've got to cram 5 days of work into it. Wish me luck...
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Damn! A stupid bunch of rain is moving in two hours from now! Right in the middle of the day. Ruins everything. Did NOT expect a solid rain shield heading this way, judging from the 30% prediction. (But, I am still a big fan of the Weather Service. They're right on the money most of the time, they really are.)

PA in a Forever-equipped Pride and Colombian cafe'.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    50/50 mix of PA and 1Q this morning. This will be a 3 day week for me, but I've got to cram 5 days of work into it. Wish me luck...
    I've tried to explain this concept to my wife- you work harder on the front end and rush to catch up on the back end, so the time off doesn't mean someone else does the work for you. Good luck!

Now for something entirely different -- SB with a few coins of Happy Bogie to up the ante. Interesting. And more Colombian!

The guy that won the Colonial this weekend, Boo Weekly, celebrated with a victory dinner at Taco Bell. Hope he showed some class and tipped everybody in the place a Franklin. Which puts me in mind of Wayne Levi, the only guy ever allowed to wear blue jeans on tour. This guy lives about 20 miles from here and a lot of the golfers around here know him and have played with him. He gives Jack Benny a run for the money! The guy who used to drive the limo to the airport in Syracuse, a fellow golfer, once told me that he drove Wayne back and forth from the airport many times, including when he won. At the time when he was the number one money winner on tour, after winning his fourth tournament of the year, Mickey picked him up in the limo (which, BTW, was a broken down Ford station wagon, not an actual limo), drove him home and, like every other time, got NO TIP! Wow. There are other local Wayne Levi stories about his legendary miserliness. He was not popular on tour.

Mayor's Chocolate Flake in a Falcon.

I will be glad to kill this jar and be able to open a jar of Bob's Chocolate Flake, it's my favorite.

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

@ Great story Jim!
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln