Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 345 of 601 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 395 445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; @ freestoke Originally Posted by freestoke Wayne Levi, The guy who used to drive the limo to the airport in ...

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

@freestoke
    Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Wayne Levi, The guy who used to drive the limo to the airport in Syracuse, a fellow golfer, once told me that he drove Wayne back and forth from the airport many times, including when he won. At the time when he was the number one money winner on tour, after winning his fourth tournament of the year, Mickey picked him up in the limo (which, BTW, was a broken down Ford station wagon, not an actual limo), drove him home and, like every other time, got NO TIP! Wow. . He was not popular on tour.
    Heard similar stories about Bill Cosby
    There are other local Wayne Levi stories about his legendary miserliness
    Miserable bastid. Obviously not a piper... LOL Great story Jim!
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splattttttt View Post
    Obviously not a piper... LOL Great story Jim!
    Perhaps Jim could round up his mailing address - a good half dozen pipe tobacco bombs could bring him around?
    Sad.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Perhaps Jim could round up his mailing address - a good half dozen pipe tobacco bombs could bring him around?
    Sad.
    Sined... A neighbor who knows better lol
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

No longer a community member.

Captain Black (white pouch) in a Dr. G bent Duke.

Good Morning Puff!

Looks like we're in for some rain down here in Norcross. Doesn't matter to me, I'm stuck in a conference room all day anyway...

Nutty Cut in my Edward's bulldog.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Sad.
    I would be astounded if you could turn him into a smoker. Waste of money. Case in point: A friend of mine and his wife joined the Levis for an evening of fine dining at what passes for a good restaurant around here, The Boar's Head. Their specialty is prime roast beef, served family style, with bowls of vegetables, potatoes, etc. on the table. While the other three ordered King/Queen sized prime roast beef, Wayne ordered a hotdog off the children's menu, with a side of macaroni and cheese.

I have to gratuitously add that playing in a team event at RCC, my partner noted that he had played with Wayne the previous year at the same course and that I had shot the same score, but that I "got around the course a lot easier than he did." So I owe Wayne an indirect compliment, but I can't think of one.

On to another bowl of KK.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

So I owe Wayne an indirect compliment, but I can't think of one.

On to another bowl of KK.
    Here's one Jim. Thank him for showing you how not to be... Oh, it's just been the Stockton for the past few days. What a nice rut to be stuck in.

Here's one Jim. Thank him for showing you how not to be...
    I've never seen him in person and don't plan to.

A smidgen of RY left in the jar, a smidgen of PA and 5B filler. Not bad!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Had a bowl of RY yesterday and was astounded how chocolaty it had become after a year or so of age. This morning was some MM965 in the rain, a favorite combination of mine. Rainy days make 965 smell amazing.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Thoroughly enjoying a bowl of RY -- thanks to ProbateGeek -- in a meerschaum. What a great smoke. Full, great flavor. I can see this being a favorite!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    Thoroughly enjoying a bowl of RY -- thanks to ProbateGeek -- in a meerschaum. What a great smoke. Full, great flavor. I can see this being a favorite!
    Damn... I/m gonna open that 09 tin of RY soon.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Talking Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

I assure you -- you'll be glad you did! Enjoy! Or -- if you don't want it send it to me!! :-)

Damn... I/m gonna open that 09 tin of RY soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    I assure you -- you'll be glad you did! Enjoy! Or -- if you don't want it send it to me!! :-)
    I just got back from checking on it and the tin is caved in really good. Fathers Day perhaps?

No longer a community member.

SPS Bosphorous Cruise in a MM Hardwood.

Got some SB burning in the 4Dot, watching them warm up for the Memorial, and having been to the range lately I would like to know why amateur golfers (even good ones), completely destroy the practice areas. Why isn't there a poster where you buy the balls that tells you how to practice? I mean, the divots are EVERYWHERE, one at a time. Infuriating, because it becomes difficult to find anywhere to stand! Haven't ANY of these people ever seen the pros practice on TV? You almost never see the "trench" at the range, meaning that there is almost never anybody there doing it right. Hate it. Most of them should know better, but then I suspect only one in ten knows how to properly repair a pitch mark on the green any more. The collapse of civilization in microcosm.
    Last edited by freestoke; 05-30-2013 at 08:59 AM.