Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 346 of 601 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 396 446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; SG Chocolate Flake, properly dried and cubed, in the tiny MM Pony Express. I plan to take tomorrow off and ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

SG Chocolate Flake, properly dried and cubed, in the tiny MM Pony Express.

I plan to take tomorrow off and visit Day One of the annual Blade Show here in Atlanta. I will be taking my father and my son as this is turning into a family tradition for us. If there are any other knife knuts here on the pipe side, I plan to visit the Spyderco booth and pick up a Goddard sprint run or maybe a Manix 2. The real fun though is visiting all of the custom makers' tables. I have a soft spot for the handmade multi-blades...
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    SG Chocolate Flake, properly dried and cubed, in the tiny MM Pony Express.

I plan to take tomorrow off and visit Day One of the annual Blade Show here in Atlanta. I will be taking my father and my son as this is turning into a family tradition for us. If there are any other knife knuts here on the pipe side, I plan to visit the Spyderco booth and pick up a Goddard sprint run or maybe a Manix 2. The real fun though is visiting all of the custom makers' tables. I have a soft spot for the handmade multi-blades...
    I do like a well made blade.

Just prior to my resignation, I took to thumbing through "Knives 2013" at work to see if that would unnerve anyone.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    I do like a well made blade.

Just prior to my resignation, I took to thumbing through "Knives 2013" at work to see if that would unnerve anyone.
    Did it work? I've always wondered if people on your side of the pond are more easily concerned with the idea of pocket knives. About 10 years ago I had friend from Gislingham come visit. He took a small pen knife (Victorinox keychain knife) back and felt a bit scandalous about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    Did it work? I've always wondered if people on your side of the pond are more easily concerned with the idea of pocket knives. About 10 years ago I had friend from Gislingham come visit. He took a small pen knife (Victorinox keychain knife) back and felt a bit scandalous about it.
    Sadly, they thought it was pretty much on-messsage for me.

We've got some fairly reasonable (as far as I'm concerned) regulations about knive sale and carrying knives here. No sale to under 18 year olds - even cutlery. You can only carry knives (apart from under 3 inch folders) if you have a "good reason" - Courts to decide if necessary. Some types of knives are banned from sale; I'm not sure of the status of knives already in collections, but this is normally OK for other banned things. No automatic knives, no concealed blades, butterfly knives, no push knives, Samurai swords made after 1954, etc. Nothing that would limit any legitimate use of a knife or collector of non-lethal purpose blades.

We have relatively little knife crime...
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post

We have relatively little knife crime...
    :-) That term is foreign to me, but it's probably better to step around the deeper political and cultural discussion that could ensue.

I visited England and Scotland in the mid 80's. I was 12 or 13 at the time and one of my souvenirs was a cheap balisong (or butterfly knife) that I picked up in a shop in Edinburgh. I guess things have changed in the last few decades.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

EMP this morning. Absolutely amazing day.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I had a 50/50 mix of 5B and PA in a cob during my morning commute up the mountain to work.

I've had a background thing for knives forever. As a kid, I practiced knife throwing with a Bowie knife and marine bayonette, along with the Boy Scout knife. Loved mumbleypeg. (And don't give me any other spellings or put a "t" in it.)

I keep my knives sharp and almost needed therapy when I lost one of my pocket Victorinox a couple of years ago. One becomes attached to a knife you've had for thirty years, ya know? I have a Sabatier chef's knife, which, if stolen, would force me to stop cooking. Bought it new in 1969.

And my morning in another time zone smoke is some KK in a cob, with an Old Mil.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Loved mumbleypeg. (And don't give me any other spellings or put a "t" in it.)
    There are no other spellings!

I'm not into knives myself (says the man who can spot four different pocket knives from where he's sitting); I realized early on that I just didn't have the patience or focus for carving or whittling. And as I moved out of the "country" environment when I left high school, I haven't had to gut a fish in many, many years. I'm going to have to correct that one of these days...
    ********.com

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I've had a background thing for knives forever. As a kid, I practiced knife throwing with a Bowie knife and marine bayonette, along with the Boy Scout knife. Loved mumbleypeg. (And don't give me any other spellings or put a "t" in it.)

I keep my knives sharp and almost needed therapy when I lost one of my pocket Victorinox a couple of years ago. One becomes attached to a knife you've had for thirty years, ya know? I have a Sabatier chef's knife, which, if stolen, would force me to stop cooking. Bought it new in 1969.

And my morning in another time zone smoke is some KK in a cob, with an Old Mil.
    A man way ahead of our time.
    Just pipe 'n it
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

No longer a community member.

SPS Bosphorous Cruise in a MM cob

Balkan Sasieni in an Altinok meer.
    ********.com

A beautiful day, but 'tis going to be hot. Just as we were getting going on the tilling, the stupid primer bulb went. Gotta drive all the way to Verona to get another one if we're going to get the rest of the gardens in. Rats. Oh well, for now I'll draw on this bowl of PA for strength, delivered from the redoubtable 4Dot.

And poor Morgan has eye problems. Trying to decide if I want to call for a vet appointment or see if she improves. Not sick, just "funny lookin'".
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

Peter St. 41 Cube cut in one of my favorite old smooth Caminettos. Tis a grand morning!
    Last edited by bluesman.54; 05-31-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Gentleman Caller from C&D in the Edward's bulldog this morning. Thanks again DanR for the sample.

Heading down the Blade show in an hour and then tomorrow morning we're flying out to LA and Santa Barbara for a week of vacation. Well, I'll be working but the family will be off doing their thing...