Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 386 of 601 FirstFirst ... 286 336 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 436 486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 9001

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; It's my day off so a day to relax. Made a pot of New Orleans chicory coffee in my 1940's ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes BrSpiritus's Avatar

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

It's my day off so a day to relax. Made a pot of New Orleans chicory coffee in my 1940's coffee biggin and loaded up my IRC Savinelli bent billiard with Dunhill EMP. I'm seriously down to half a tin in 3 weeks, going to have to consider ordering 2 tins next Friday...

I had a bowl of Royal Yacht for my initial bowl this morning. Lately I have been smoking RY in the evenings. I had forgotten how good it is first thing in the morning.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Hi, Nick. Trying some of that boomerang bomblet of Scotch Flake Aromatic I threw in your general direction last month, which seems none the worse for its adventure into the US Mail. Probably never made it past Utica, which I think is the sorting facility for this area.

It promises to be a stunning day on the course, with temps in the high 60s, little wind, lotsa sun. And just like other years, as my game starts to "fill in", the season draws to an end and I'll have to start learning how to play all over again next spring. The 40 I shot in the wind yesterday was a pretty good score, and would have had a lot of company in championship flight were it played in a tournament -- and I had 4 putts go right over the edge, too. What I need to do is WRITE IT DOWN, so I can read it next spring and get a jumpstart, but then somebody might get the impression that I was organized, intelligent and forward thinking, and I wouldn't want that, now could I? I wouldn't have nearly enough to complain about in early June.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I had a bowl of EMP in the dedicated cob during my morning commute up the mountain.

Last summer I couldn't get the boys (17 and 20) interested in shooting with me. Zach did a wee bit of skeet with me, and was a natural, but neither wanted to learn to use a rifle properly. This summer was different. They both wanted me to teach them on the lil Ruger 10/22, and then moved all the way up .50 cal Blackpowder rifles. They both are now competent and safe with rifles using cartrages and BP, small caliber and large. I'm proud of them both.

The problem is we four (my wife Kat wanted the instruction too) went through about 2,000 .22 cal rounds, and I haven't been able to buy any for more than a year.

Well, yesterday morning and this morning I hit the jackpot! I've purchased 1600 .22 cal rounds in two mornings! I'm so stoked! I hope this means the drought is ending.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Old Dark Fired in a Stanwell Antique. I'm beginning to fear that the work done on my meerschaum has made it TOO good - everything just seems to taste and smoke better in the meer, making even my former favorite (the Stanwell) comparatively less enjoyable.

Uh oh - no good will come of it.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Marlow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El wedo del milagro View Post
    I had a bowl of EMP in the dedicated cob during my morning commute up the mountain.

Last summer I couldn't get the boys (17 and 20) interested in shooting with me. Zach did a wee bit of skeet with me, and was a natural, but neither wanted to learn to use a rifle properly. This summer was different. They both wanted me to teach them on the lil Ruger 10/22, and then moved all the way up .50 cal Blackpowder rifles. They both are now competent and safe with rifles using cartrages and BP, small caliber and large. I'm proud of them both.

The problem is we four (my wife Kat wanted the instruction too) went through about 2,000 .22 cal rounds, and I haven't been able to buy any for more than a year.

Well, yesterday morning and this morning I hit the jackpot! I've purchased 1600 .22 cal rounds in two mornings! I'm so stoked! I hope this means the drought is ending.
    That is one thing I'm really jealous of as a swede, and something I cannot wrap my head around, how firearms are basically 100% banned for law abiding citizens here. You really should be proud of your second amendment, and you really need to make sure that you are able to keep it, and not let it be stolen away from you.

For sure one of those things that you do not know how much it means until you loose it.

Puffer Fish with some spikes BrSpiritus's Avatar

In honor of Emperor Zurg I'm loading up my bing's favorite with some firedance flake this morning. Probably smoke half the bowl as I go to work and the other half at lunch.

Gonna be some Golf Mix burning today! Our last scheduled scramble at Crestview this morning. I hate to play this early. But it beats not playing!

Got a bowl of PA to warm up with.

RY in a Dr. G during the morning commute up the mountain.

Leading Puffer Fish bluesman.54's Avatar

HH ODF FLAKE in a Willmer straight Billiard pipe. Man this tobacco is good! If you haven't tried it -- I encourage you to do so. Have a great day Puffers. I hope Jim is winning his scramble today.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman.54 View Post
    I hope Jim is winning his scramble today.
    Hope you didn't putt too much money on us, Michael! Disaster! NOBODY played well. Nothing went in, either. I think everybody actually putted well and we chipped like geniuses (had a LOT of opportunities to chip ), but lots of lip-outs and near misses don't do any better than ordinary putts and chip shots when they don't go in, and we had hardly any short putts.

I'm having some coffee and a 4Dot of McCranie's Red Ribbon, watching the US team putting a crush on GB&I.

EMP in the dedicated cob driving to work up the mountain a few hours ago. I'm looking forward to another bowl once I'm done feeding all the guests.

Black Bogie Aromatic in a tiny Ropp Prince. Marvelous stuff with a serious nicotine kick.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Marlow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Black Bogie Aromatic in a tiny Ropp Prince. Marvelous stuff with a serious nicotine kick.
    What is the casing? I have liked the ropes I've tried but I'm not a big aromatics person.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
    What is the casing? I have liked the ropes I've tried but I'm not a big aromatics person.
    It's not really an aromatic. There is a tiny bit of sweetening and some sort of spice; honestly not that noticeable over the "unscented".

Just had another little bowl. The extra casing/topping is noticeable and makes the whole thing better IMO, but aromatic it ain't.
    Last edited by steinr1; 09-09-2013 at 05:45 AM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp