Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 600 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Good morning Puff Pipers! I slept a little late this morning. Didn't get up until about 07:00 hours. Hot coffee, ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Good morning Puff Pipers!

I slept a little late this morning. Didn't get up until about 07:00 hours. Hot coffee, OJ, pancakes, eggs, and fried bologna... MmmmMmmmm!!

Now, on to some PA Choice Blend in my fav MM cob... A Country Gentleman.
    Dale

Good morning! Finally getting around to a smoke this morning -- up at 8, but took a while to get things in order. PA as usual. Something is wrong with the snow that's falling. It's clear instead of white and doesn't stay where it lands, sort of running off in streams and stuff or sinking into the ground.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Finally, I'm up this early rather than up this late, and can post on this thread! I'm on the middle day of three off in a row (two is rare enough; this is a real treat!), so I decided a morning bowl of FVF and a cup of tea was just the thing.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

Monday morning is somewhat mitigated by this thermos full of coffee and pipe full of Macbaren VA flake. I am one of those people who get better as the week progresses. By Friday I am amazing, but Mondays I struggle for mediocrity, lol.

Good Morning Puff Pipers!

After much coffee, OJ, French toast, and a sausage & egg biscuit... I'm totally awake now.

Now enjoying a MM Legend and some PA. Aside from the Master's traffic and a windy, rainy start this morning, it's looking like the day should be pretty good.

Hope everyone out there in Puff-land has a fantastic day!!
    Dale

Mornin' y'all! Starting my blind taste this morning with Delta from User Name for the Blind Taste Test, in the 4Dot. Good stuff! Some coffee and a second straight bowl of it. (The 4Dot is a workhorse and can easily do a two bowl run with no difficulty.) Antsy waiting for the Par 3 at the Masters tomorrow!

Slept in pretty late this morning, until about 09:00 hours. That's really late for me. Guess I just needed some extra Zzzzz's. Finally got some coffee brewed and now enjoying some PA in a MM cob to go with it. Now I'm ready to go all Beowulf on whatever the day has to throw at me!
    Dale

Started my day at 06:02 hours this morning. Loaded a bowl of Carter Hall to jump-start the day while the 8 o'clock was brewing. After a couple egg and cheese biscuits and a couple mugs of coffee, now on to some Sugar Barrel. Trying to stretch out the remainder of a tub of Prince Albert... I'd probably crack up if I ran out! Have a good supply of PA Choice Blend to substitute until I can replenish.

Have a great day everyone!
    Dale

It's Masters Thursday! Watching TGC and the scoreboard. Gonna PLAY this afternoon!! Can you BELIEVE it! Gonna be 50 and sunny. First outing since last November. (Probably gonna be some ugly shots out there for me today! ) Got some PA in the Savinelli for a change, with a cup of coffee. Might start the Smithfield ham soakin' to cook tomorrow for the weekend. (Well, what passes for Smithfield ham these days anyhow. )

When's supper?... Yum!
    Dale

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    It's Masters Thursday! Watching TGC and the scoreboard. Gonna PLAY this afternoon!! Can you BELIEVE it! Gonna be 50 and sunny. First outing since last November. (Probably gonna be some ugly shots out there for me today! ) Got some PA in the Savinelli for a change, with a cup of coffee. Might start the Smithfield ham soakin' to cook tomorrow for the weekend. (Well, what passes for Smithfield ham these days anyhow. )
    Oh Lord,
    When you say country ham in Oregon they look on a map for a country called Ham. And Hushpuppies out here are shoes. You're making me hungry Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Xodar View Post
    Oh Lord,
    When you say country ham in Oregon they look on a map for a country called Ham. And Hushpuppies out here are shoes. You're making me hungry Jim

Got it soaking! Not going to water cook it tomorrow, though. Tired of catering to these damn Yankees and their sissy ideas of ham -- I'm baking it so it'll be nice and hard and flaky and salty, like it oughter. (They don't even have decent pork up here, much less ham!) I grew up in Hilton Village, Va, so I know me some Smithfield ham. Smithfield is just across the river, maybe 30 miles or so.

Back in '66, they changed the law in Va, making it legal to raise pigs the Yankee way, you know, shredded newspaper and vitamin pills. Back when I was growing up, the pigs were PEANUT fed, exclusively. Right there in the law. A Virginia ham had yellow fat and the pigs were fed from troughs that made them get on the their hind legs to reach the food, giving them monster butt and leg muscles. They had been on royal charter since the 1700s and the English monarchs ordered them every year. After '66, they took away the charter because they weren't the same any more. I think you can still get one like that, but it costs a lot of money to have a farmer raise one from scratch for you. I really miss a real Smithfield. Used to be my favorite food, now it's only "good". Better than a sissified Yankee ham, though!

Anyhow, she's soakin'. Still not all bad!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post

Got it soaking! Not going to water cook it tomorrow, though. Tired of catering to these damn Yankees and their sissy ideas of ham -- I'm baking it so it'll be nice and hard and flaky and salty, like it oughter. (They don't even have decent pork up here, much less ham!) I grew up in Hilton Village, Va, so I know me some Smithfield ham. Smithfield is just across the river, maybe 30 miles or so.

Back in '66, they changed the law in Va, making it legal to raise pigs the Yankee way, you know, shredded newspaper and vitamin pills. Back when I was growing up, the pigs were PEANUT fed, exclusively. Right there in the law. A Virginia ham had yellow fat and the pigs were fed from troughs that made them get on the their hind legs to reach the food, giving them monster butt and leg muscles. They had been on royal charter since the 1700s and the English monarchs ordered them every year. After '66, they took away the charter because they weren't the same any more. I think you can still get one like that, but it costs a lot of money to have a farmer raise one from scratch for you. I really miss a real Smithfield. Used to be my favorite food, now it's only "good". Better than a sissified Yankee ham, though!

Anyhow, she's soakin'. Still not all bad!
    will you 2 Good'ol boys stop talking bout Southern cooking, I git me a taste of it when I was in Florida a few yrs back, and wow.
    Biscuits and Country gravy, red eyed Gravy, collard Greens, Fish fries, hushpuppies, mud bugs oh Gawd I'm dying for a crayfish boil bout now hahah
    troy

The day started at )6:00 hours with a cup of fresh, hot coffee and a M cob of PA Choice Blend. Followed that with another MM cob of Carter Hall and now having some Sugar Barrel in a Dr Grabow Royal Duke.

This evening is my last shift of the week with a few days to rest up. Next scheduled shift starts at 23:00 hours on Wednesday... Woot!

Also, and just for Troy... Here's what we're having for supper on Sunday... Low Country Boil!

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    will you 2 Good'ol boys stop talking bout Southern cooking....
    troy
    Obviously, the answer is NO!

Mornin', guys! Looks great, Dale!

BTW, I picked Kuchar yesterday before they teed off -- so far, so good. I picked Phil last year.

Page 4 of 600 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast