Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 51 of 601 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; What puzzles me is that those who appear to have given him something substantial to hold him over (judging from ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

What puzzles me is that those who appear to have given him something substantial to hold him over (judging from his last few posts) haven't tracked Dale down. One would think that negotiable instruments other than cash were involved (if was indeed money), requiring his name, but it seems nobody actually knows his last name. There was a store he went to for PA -- what was the name of it? Anybody recall? I'd ring them up and ask if they knew anything if I could remember it...

Filling in for Dale this morning -- a bowl of PA in the Legend.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

SG Kendal Cream in a Boswell Nose Warmer.... um good
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Trying some Bob's Chocolate.......Not sure I am a fan.....

For chocolate, I may stick to English Chocolate.........

or
    Swiss chocolate..
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

A beautiful Thursday, Bayou morning in the bent medico, coffee is slightly above average, and swiftly approaching the best part of the week

Morning All,

I tried Penzance for the first time this morning (in my trusty Country Gentleman cob). I have to say, it didn't really live up to the hype. SL seems to have more flavor, both the Latakia and the VAs. Maybe this was just an "off" morning for me...
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

It's friday, the birds are singing, the sky is brightening in east, and I have Dunhill flake in the diplomat. I am drinking coffee out of a paper cup, but that's the first mug I left on top of the car this month, so I am beating my average.

After the standard PA/4Dot, moving on to -- what? I was looking at my cobs in the basket, responding to that cob thread we were on, comparing the size of the Dip with the CG and the CG was full of a fresh bowl of something. This is like a blind taste test. No telling how long it's been in there......hmmmm...okay. It's my 5100+5105+perique mix! Pretty decent!

Quote Originally Posted by asmartbull View Post
    Trying some Bob's Chocolate.......Not sure I am a fan.....

For chocolate, I may stick to English Chocolate.........

Interesting, I'm just the opposite. I have both, and I like the Bob's Chocolate so much better. I think it's the kiss of Latakia that I like...

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Interesting, I'm just the opposite. I have both, and I like the Bob's Chocolate so much better. I think it's the kiss of Latakia that I like...
    Just ordered 250g of Bob's Chocolate. Hope I like it! Smokin' a little FVF in the Mayfair Prince right now, with beer. I think I can choke them both down, just give me a little time.

Hmmm...I guess it's morning somewhere, huh?

Went to bed without finishing this bowl of Dunhill Flake last night, so it's a rare DGT to start the day, in the Bari Dana. Coffee tastes good this morning. No golf -- 53, rain with raging wind. If I'd been on the Ryder Cup last year, I would have asked to sit out.

It went out! So I've reloaded it with the last bowl in the tin of Dunhill Flake and we'll try it again...same pipe! We'll call it an injury time out.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Cut a couple flakes of Jackknife Plug. Probably needed another flake-ish to fill the bowl. So far its running good, a few more than usual relights. But getting better as I tamp it down, I do enjoy watching this stuff "grow" as it lights, like its coming to life in the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by bullofspadez View Post
    Cut a couple flakes of Jackknife Plug. Probably needed another flake-ish to fill the bowl. So far its running good, a few more than usual relights. But getting better as I tamp it down, I do enjoy watching this stuff "grow" as it lights, like its coming to life in the bowl.
    I need some encouraging words on JP. I ordered 5 cans of it in anticipation of the November reviews!

On to the Paper Plate Potpourri! Tastes really good today in the Sasieni Canadian.

And on to some PA Choice in the Country Gentleman!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I need some encouraging words on JP. I ordered 5 cans of it in anticipation of the November reviews!
    G.L. Pease JackKnife Plug

I will say today was only a good day with it. Wasn't getting the level of sweetness I would like to get. Maybe it was a bad pipe choice, but I wanted a bigger bowl for running around on errands. It was still performing nice with what I get as tobacco flavor; toasty, nutty, caramelized grassy flavor. It was a bit rougher on the retro-hale at times. I still like it a lot, and glad I grabbed an 8oz can to store, well store until I need another chunk. I can't wait to see what it's like next year or the year after.

Thanks for the link. Starting today with some FVF. Was going to smoke it last night, but I was fading fast and afraid I wouldn't make it through, so I switched to a quick cob full of PA. This morning it's the Mayfair with last night's fill. Coffee's really nice and the the first sun in a few days is shining out there!

Page 51 of 601 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast