Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 52 of 601 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Standard Monday with a 4Dot of PA. Got some sun this morning, so the leaves look great! Big winds the ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Standard Monday with a 4Dot of PA. Got some sun this morning, so the leaves look great! Big winds the last few days have taken a toll, but still a lot left. Another high wind day, but hopefully leaf-peeper season will last a bit longer.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Morning All,

This weekend my sample of 1776 Tavern showed up (incurring the wrath of Mrs StoneDog until I assured her it was a FREE sample. ). So this morning I tried it in my trusty Country Gentleman. I have to say there is a lot going on in this "Tavern" from 1776. It is very good but I think it is a blend to savor and contemplate in quiet vs a blend to absently puff on during a long commute. I'm glad I have the sample and I have a feeling I'll be ordering a batch in the near future.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    Morning All,

This weekend my sample of 1776 Tavern showed up (incurring the wrath of Mrs StoneDog until I assured her it was a FREE sample. ).

1776 seems to be dominating the news these days. Must be a revolution in the works. PA is dominating the morning, an Old School reload of the 4Dot with PA. Too much "good stuff" yesterday, apparently.

Okay, enough of that. On to some nicotine! Nightcap in the Legend!

Morning All,

Enjoyed some H&H Virginia Spice in the Bertram this morning. My sample of this is almost gone and my stock in general is down to about 10 blends (especially after a little package I just put together). I think I'm finally settling on three or four "must have" tobaccos plus a small assortment of others to keep around for the times when I want something different.

An unexpected golf opportunity today! The weather forecast was bleak a few days ago, but 61 with sun and not too much wind today. Gonna be really long out there after all this rain. Got the PA/4Dot going as usual.

As I shifted over to some FVF, the UPS truck pulled up and delivered my JackKnife Plug and Ennerdale. Bought tins of Ennerdale this time, because they were actually cheaper than the bulk! Would you believe you can smell the Ennerdale through the can!! Now that's some potent Lakeland. (I understand they're negotiating with Nevada to start warehousing their Ennerdale at Yucca Mountain.)

Wake up and smell the Nightcap, West Coast people! This stuff makes me feel like I should be working on a term paper. Or at least laying a solid nicotine base for the fraternity party.

Really shaking things up this morning -- PA in the Szabo. No golf today. The accursed wind is threatening to finish off what would have been a truly glorious leaf peeper season. High winds most of the last week has left the trees a bit skimpy.

Here's a few shots from the course the other day. That's my TrulyFair I'm playing with. She's the 4 time Low Gross Women's Club Champion at Rome CC, btw. (I only won it once. ) This Mohawk Glenn GC, at the airbase. Very flat. You could land a plane on it!

[/IMG]

Last edited by freestoke; 10-19-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Looks like you had a great day out on the course!

This morning was dismal commute thanks to heavy wind and rain not to mention a poor experience with StoneDog's Balkan Select Reserve (still working on the name). Maybe I should shorten it to Balkan Select (aka B.S.) because that's what it tasted like.

BUT, I did manage to get in back-to-back bowls of PA last night. I don't care what anyone says about cobs not ghosting, my Country Gentleman cob is definitely haunted by latakia from SL and 1776 Tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonedog View Post
    I don't care what anyone says about cobs not ghosting, my Country Gentleman cob is definitely haunted by latakia from SL and 1776 Tavern.
    It was a great day out there! The trees would have been prettier with a little sun, though.

I don't know about that either. I guess they keep you from ghosting your briars. I mean, why wouldn't it get in the cake (they do cake, too!) and the stem? I think it's a myth. Maybe it's "light" ghosting, because it doesn't soak in past that coating in the bowl.

On to some FVF!

Wow, great pictures. It sure looks beautiful up there Jim. Except, I see that you are wearing sweaters already. Must've been chilly...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Nice pictures Jim, love this time of year for golf if the weather plays nice.
    Enjoyed a nice bowl of McClelland's Legend on the way to work. Dried this stuff to no
    end but still very hard to get it to stay lit, takes 4 to 5 relights. Very tasty though.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Wow, great pictures. It sure looks beautiful up there Jim. Except, I see that you are wearing sweaters already. Must've been chilly...
    Already!? We wear sweaters around here in July sometimes. The standard joke is that are two seasons: Winter and July 4th.

This is Southern Great White North. A few years back, it snowed 2 or 3 feet on Halloween and we never saw the ground again until May.

Actually, wasn't bad at all out there, low 60s. Golf could end any day now, but sometimes we can keep going out once and a while into December. Up here, we're pulling for a Green Xmas!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Morning fellows!

i just wanted to drop in and tell you all that I hope you have a good day today! The weather is beginning to change around here in East Texas...looking forward to our trees to begin changing colors...and more time out for a great smoke!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Page 52 of 601 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 102 152 552 ... LastLast