Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 8 of 601 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Morning folks. This is one of the rare times I am up at 5:30 but its to pick up my ...

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Morning folks. This is one of the rare times I am up at 5:30 but its to pick up my oldest daughter out in Pittsburgh for Easter. It's a cold one this morning but a bowl of Bayou Morning always makes it better.
    "The worst thing you can ever do in life is set yourself goals" - Stephen Fry

Good Morning Puff Pipers!

The coffee is just finishing up and the Carter Hall is loaded in a MM Legend... Going to be a good day. Cooler here today also, was 90 and sunny yesterday and expecting 72 and raining today.

Have a great day y'all!
    Dale

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Hey, good morning all.
    Coffee's going, house is quite as the kids aren't up yet, it's cold and rainy outside and I'm going to enjoy some Stonehaven in my Peterson on the way into work.

Mornin'! Gonna be nicer today, supposedly, heading into a wet weekend. Golf this afternoon, PA and coffee this morning.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Up at 04:30 hours and starting my work-week this morning... Two 12-hour shifts and then five 8-hour shifts to go before my next weekend. Hot coffee and a MM Legend with PA to get me going.

Have a great day y'all!
    Dale

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by DSturg369 View Post

Up at 04:30 hours and starting my work-week this morning... Two 12-hour shifts and then five 8-hour shifts to go before my next weekend. Hot coffee and a MM Legend with PA to get me going.

Have a great day y'all!
    ouch!

I havent even gone to sleep yet!

I have a full easter weekend heading up on me.

I'm going to the bruins playoff game tonight with my dad. driving a few hours to meet him in boston then another hour further to his house, then driving back monday.

He doesn't know i smoke (mostly because my mom is one of those fanatical anti-smoking people.. except shes overweight and i workout 2 hours a day, so she's more unhealthy than i am! hah!!) so i wont be smoking on the way down, I'll have to have some before leaving and take a shower XD

morning rant i guess. its 6 am right now..

Planning on enjoying some Purple Cow in my new Luciano chubby billiard before leaving, should be fantastic. I love that pipe!

Quote Originally Posted by DSturg369 View Post

Have a great day y'all!
    Frankly, having been on a swing shift in the military for a while, and having kept up with the science on it (I have a BS in physiological psychology), I'm surprised that it's still legal to make anybody do that. Night shifts are hard, but you can get used to them; swing shifts are murder, because you can't. It's like permanent jet lag. If there's anybody here who empathizes, Dale, it's me. Firing up a sympathetic Legend with some PA to go with this coffee.

Full grown Puffer Fish pffintuff's Avatar

Coffee and Prince Albert with black cav mix in an IMP meers.
    Cheers.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

+1 for sympathy for Dale. I ran a swing for about 6 months on a production push one time. All I did was work and sleep. Packing my legend with PA/Navy mix in solidarity.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Frankly, having been on a swing shift in the military for a while, and having kept up with the science on it (I have a BS in physiological psychology), I'm surprised that it's still legal to make anybody do that. Night shifts are hard, but you can get used to them; swing shifts are murder, because you can't. It's like permanent jet lag. If there's anybody here who empathizes, Dale, it's me. Firing up a sympathetic Legend with some PA to go with this coffee.
    Physiological psychology? If I am interpreting my latin correctly there Jim, then you're the man to talk to about why the longer I am awake the more I love pipes with fat bottoms and wide hol.. errr, bowls?

Happy Easter everyone! Try not to step in any bunny bombs.

Have the coffee I.V. going and a bowl of PA burning to get ready for 12 more hours today.

Have a fantastic day y'all!
    Dale

Full grown Puffer Fish pffintuff's Avatar

Happy Easter, almost forgot. SWR this morning in the meers, with plenty of coffee.

A little slow getting this 4Dot going with some PA. Been drinking my coffee looking for my Brebbia nail because there was a little tobacco stuck to the side of the bowl I wanted to pop off before filling. Finally gave up and started looking for the three new ones I got to nudge me into the free shipping zone last order -- nowhere to be found. (How's THAT for losing pipe nails?) Finally resorted to a pocket knife, but that was good enough to get me going. So finally! GOOD MORNING!!

Apparently they have repaired the poles outside town that keep the permanent cloud cover overhead. I think we've have about 15 minutes of sun in the past week and NONE to be seen the coming week -- that weird period of bright light during the day a couple of weeks ago has been seen to. Smoking some PA in the 4Dot with some coffee, enjoying the gray outside. Good morning!

Wow, slept until 08:30 hours this morning... Guess I needed to catch up from the weekend. Back to 8-hour shifts for the rest of the week, so that should be a breeze. 4-day weekend starts on Saturday and that'll keep me going. Plus, today is haircut day and that always perks me up. High & Tight... I hate having my hair touching my ears.

Having some hot 8 o'clock and a bowl PA in a MM Country Gent to kick-start the day.

Hoping all y'all out there in the big Puff ocean have a great day!
    Dale

Page 8 of 601 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 508 ... LastLast