Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 601 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

This is a discussion on Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; As time has flown by and the years start to add up, I find myself less the "night-owl" I once ...

Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

As time has flown by and the years start to add up, I find myself less the "night-owl" I once was. Now days, I like being up before the sun rises and watching her climb from behind the horizon and into the morning sky, refreshed from a restful slumber. Accompanying me nearly every morning is a hot cup of coffee and a bowl full of a good smoke. I know I'm not the only one that continues to grow more thankful to be allowed to continue to witness such a wonderful occurrence. This is a gift that is in limited supply.

If you're on this list, please chime in and give a shout out to your fellow Pipers here at Puff.

This morning, it's Prince Albert in a MM Country Gentleman and a mug of 8 o'clock.

Have a GREAT morning everyone!
    Dale

"The Cigar & Pipe Kid" donovanrichardson's Avatar

Re: Official Piper's "Good Morning" Thread

Thank you for this thread Dale, I think this is a fantastic idea!

Although I am not enjoying a bowl in my pipe this morning, I would like to wish everyone a wonderful day at work, school, or just life in general.

Take care everyone!

No longer a community member.

Fantastic thread, I too am a early riser weekends or weekdays and though I dont smoke in the morning I would like to wish all a good Monday.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    Flickr: pink_elephant's Photostream

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Great thread Dale, I also love the mornings. Now that spring is here it's nice to hear the birds singing away and the robins are happily digging in the mulch for worms. Doves are back as well cooing away. Long dreary winter but warmer weather is around the corner.
    For me it's my standby Stanwell and a bowl of Bald Headed Teacher along with some good roast.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Yo, Dale! Got my 4Dot stoked with PA!

I generally get around about 7:30 to 8, no matter when I went to bed, but sometimes the cats will roust me earlier, so I only see the sun rise in the winter. I've always had this view that we're genetically wired to stay put until daylight, because there are very big animals that get up before dawn with keen night vision that are very hungry.

Whatever, first thing I do is pour some coffee and crank up a pipe!

Nice thread!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    but sometimes the cats will roust me earlier
    Glad I'm not alone in this. We have one cat... Spanky... He usually wakes up my Wife with sweet, morning kisses while he's on the pillows between us. Well, you can probably guess which end I get to wake up to.
    Dale

Puffer Fish with some spikes phineasrex's Avatar

Excellent thread, I was up before the sun today, and am on most days. Had my Country Gentleman loaded up with Bayou Morning Flake, but I was drinking the venerable Folgers. There is something incredibly reassuring about tobacco and coffee in the pre-dawn hours. I feel that a relaxing start to the day greatly contributes to my mental health. Read, smoke, and drink, that's the way to live. Now if I could only find a way to get paid to do this, I'd be set.
    The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by phineasrex View Post
    Read, smoke, and drink, that's the way to live. Now if I could only find a way to get paid to do this, I'd be set.
    Amen brother. If you find anyone hiring, tell em you know a few other guys that are "unemployed" at the moment. LOL

I only get to have a morning pipe on the weekends. I just don't wake up with enough time before work during the week, but I don't mind so much. I like that it keeps me from smoking too much (which I'm prone to do) and makes my weekend pipes all the more enjoyable.

I've been finding I really enjoy a good breakfast on the weekends, followed by a French Press full of good joe and pipe of something rather strong. I'll usually smoke Pease Cumberland or even a C&D Burley Flake for morning breakfast, just to get things moving. A great way to start the day!

Puffer With No Spikes shannensmall's Avatar

Great thread man. I almost never get up in time to see the sun rise. More often than not, I'm more prone to see it come up before going to sleep. Wile I am not one of the early risers, I do love my morning routine of strong coffee and strong baccy. I'm just now getting up and am drinking coffee from my French press and smoking a bowl of Happy Bogie.
    A lack of preparation on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part.

awesome! i have been enjoying early morning pipe. and i guess i might be the minority on this. But a nice cup of tea, not a coffee drinker haha. Sadly i ran out of my good teas and waiting for another shipment to come back in.....

I always start my mornings with one of my Savinelli Bings and a bowl of Scotty's Butternut Burley. Absolutely wonderful with a cup o' joe. :-)

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

I do on the weekends when it's warm out. More cigars than pipes but I've been leaning more towards pipes lately, especially since I got a MM and a wonderful Nording.

Very nice thread Dale!

Puffer Fish with some spikes phineasrex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvoFX View Post
    and i guess i might be the minority on this. But a nice cup of tea, not a coffee drinker haha. Sadly i ran out of my good teas and waiting for another shipment to come back in.....
    Never fear, I like my tea too, and I know there are many brothers that feel the same.

Five Star, if I find that dream company, this forum would be the first I'd tell. Though I wonder what they would sell. Profound thoughts perhaps?
    The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants - Albert Camus

Well done thread brother...I don't drink coffee and usually dont have tea till later in the morning, BUT, most mornings, I start my day with a bowl full of a nice English and some fresh water...I find the early pipe takes away my hunger a bit till I can eat...
    This morning it was Beck's Ol Limey Bastard in my Savinelli dedicated to english blends....Damn, now I have to check this every morning!!!!!
    "The end of a good smoke is a little saddening. In some regard, it's a bit like losing a best friend who had time to sit and listen." - Zen warrior

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

It's good to have you back Dale. Hasn't been quite the same without ya.

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Page 1 of 601 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast