Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Pipe Tobacco MAW/PIF ll

This is a discussion on Pipe Tobacco MAW/PIF ll within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Someone pick this up. Free wishes!...

#1 McClelland apologist Contrabass Bry's Avatar

Re: Pipe Tobacco MAW/PIF ll

Someone pick this up. Free wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by Contrabass Bry View Post
    Someone pick this up. Free wishes!
    Bryan,

You're not giving this away, I got you! I have a few of the items on your list - just not the real exciting ones. I was hoping we'd get a few new guys playing the game with us, but it seems like it's just a few of us bombing each other...

Anyway, PM me your addy and I'll get yours in the mail.

In the meantime, I am donating my wish to my Newbie from the sample trade - Hannibal. He's really sliding of the cliff fast and I think this would be fun for him. Hannibal, post a long list of things that you've researched that you think you might like to try, and hopefully someone will pick it up.

Cheers!
    DanR
    Last edited by DanR; 11-25-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Well sense Dan so graciously offered I'm going to let him twist my arm some more.

Dan, I can't thank you enough. But you might want to reinforce your mailbox.....

Well you did say long list so here it goes....

Peterson Irish Flake
    McConnell Oriental
    H&H Billy Budd
    H&H Havana Daydream
    Dunhill London Mixture
    GL Pease Key Largo
    GL Pease Robusto
    McClelland Havana Daydream
    GH Bob's Chocolate Flake
    Hearth and Home Anniversary-Kake
    Dunhill Royal Yacht
    Rattray Hal O' the Wynd
    Samuel Gawith St James Flake

Dan, thanks again!! This cliff is dangerous.......

Anyone????

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Anyone????
    The weekends are usually slow on here, and as this was a holiday weekend it seems to have been even slower. Give it some time... It is kind of like fishing. I would say if nothing has happened in a week or so then expand the list.
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Bryan,

Yours is scheduled for pickup tomorrow.

DCN: 9405 5036 9930 0301 6441 86

Cheers!

P.S. Bump for Hannibal!

Dan, you are a gentleman of the highest order!

Tell ya what, Hannibal, take H&H Havana Daydream, Anniversary Kake and Royal Yacht off your list and put in some substitutes. I'll take care of those in the spirit of DanR...

Bump for Hannibal's "updated" list!

Bryan, You are too kind Sir! A million thanks goes out to you!

I can't believe the generosity of the Brothers on this side. And I can only hope to repay all of you in due time!

So without further a due my updated list follows.

Peterson Irish Flake
    McConnell Oriental
    H&H Billy Bud
    Dunhill London Mixture
    Dunhill Nightcap
    Dunhill DeLuxe Navy rolls
    GL Pease Key Largo
    GL Pease Robusto
    GH Bob's Chocolate Flake
    McClelland Havana Daydream
    Rattray Hal O' the Wynd
    Samuel Gawith St James Flake
    Samuel Gawith - 1792 Flake
    Orlik Golden Sliced (OGS)
    Peter Stokkebye LNF
    Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake
    G&H Bob's Chocolate Flake
    Escudo

If this list is too far out please let me know as my noobness is still showing....
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Quote Originally Posted by Contrabass Bry View Post
    Dan, you are a gentleman of the highest order!

Tell ya what, Hannibal, take H&H Havana Daydream, Anniversary Kake and Royal Yacht off your list and put in some substitutes. I'll take care of those in the spirit of DanR...

Bump for Hannibal's "updated" list!
    Wow, thanks Bryan. RG coming to you!

Let me tell you how flabbergasted I was when I opened the box from DanR...

Picture, if you will, a man coming home from work. Feet dragging, only a few minutes respite before having to get back in the car and drive an hour to an orchestra rehearsal that lasts until 10 o'clock then looking forward to the hour drive back. And this is the 3rd day of 5 exactly like this.

Only this day, there is a USPS flat rate box that is thick with the scent of aged tobacco. With trembling hands, the seal is broken and one by one, it's contents revealed.

First grab is a large, fresh sample of G&H Rum Flake. I notice the light maple sugar aroma and an even slighter Lakeland essence. This will be the first to go into my pipe upon my arrival to rehearsal.

Next out is a sizable chunk of Cob Plug. Very compact and intriguing aroma. I'll definitely need more time to explore this one. Too bad I've never had 1792 flake to compare. Whoops! spoke too soon...

Out comes about 6 flakes of 1792! This has GOT to be some potent stuff! I rub between my fingers appeared to leave an appreciable amount of what looked like snuff on my fingertips. Waste not. Up my toot she went. If all else fails, I may just turn half of this into snuff. This package is already batting 1000 for my top wishes. How could it possible get better?

I'll tell you. A highly compressed, potato sized chunk of Grousemoor! I should have a nice introduction to Lakeland tobacco now. Once I untangle this blob, I imagine that it amounts to a 50g tins worth.

Then I extract no less than 6 flakes of Full Virginia Flake! It's been quite a while since I've had this gem and even though it's already developing crystals, I'll let this rest in it's own tiny jar until I get through these new blends.

WHAT IS THIS?!?!? The elusive Stonehaven! This is paramount to sending me an ounce of gold! Smells absolutely devine...

One more lonely bag at the bottom of the box and quite honestly, I can't believe how generous Dan has been, let alone that he has nailed 6 of my top wishes! (You couldn't have had all these open around the house, could you?!?) As the ziplock unfurls, I see the words "McClelland"... YAY! then "Christmas Cheer"... Super! Surprisingly, I've never tried any of these offerings (some McClelland fan I am.) But what's this? 2002? Holy sh!t! Now he sent me an ounce of platimum to go with the gold!

I can't tell you how much this package has moved me. Dan, I want to give my most sincere "thanks" for putting this together.

*UPDATE*
    True to my word, I had the G&H Rum Flake last night. I really like it! The lakeland essence is subtle in this creamy and sweet smoke. Burns like a champ! Then I ended the night with a small cob of Stonehaven. Nothing like it!

This morning on my walk into work, it was Grousemoor. My, this is bright and zingy! A pipefull of this and you wouldn't need to take lemon with your tea. From the looks of it, I would have imagined the flavors to be darker. How old was this stuff? This ribbon cut had congealed in to a mass. Two brilliant experiences into Lakeland tobaccos right out of the gate!

Your good fortune (winning the P&C Stonehaven drawing) and bad fortune (brother who popped your 10yr old Cristmas Cheer) have brought a great lightness to my heart.

I will be reporting on the others as I get around to them.

Many, many thanks!
    Last edited by Contrabass Bry; 12-02-2011 at 01:04 PM.

Bryan,

I am certainly glad you liked the sampler. I hope it was worth the wait.

About that grousemoor, I have no idea what the age is. I found that at my local tobacconist, and when I asked him about it, the guy said "that's been here forever, you want some?" and he gave me about 3 onces...

Now, if we could just entice a few more pipers to play MAW with us, they'd surely have some fun in here!

Cheers!
    Last edited by DanR; 12-03-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Bryan,

I am certainly glad you liked the sampler. I hope it was worth the wait.

Now, if we could just entice a few more pipers to play MAW, they'd surely have some fun in here!

Cheers!
    Im trying!!!! I just need to build my cellar so I have enough blends to fill a wish! Looking forward to participating in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBehr View Post
    Im trying!!!! I just need to build my cellar so I have enough blends to fill a wish! Looking forward to participating in the future.
    Cool, thanks BigBehr. And just FYI, the typical MAW wish fulfillment is four or five samples - it doesn't need to be huge like you see in the newbie sampler trades...

Bump for a new week......
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Maybe try expanding your list, if there is anything else you want to try. It might help us grant your wish sooner.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast