Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Pipe Tobacco MAW/PIF ll

This is a discussion on Pipe Tobacco MAW/PIF ll within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Got Dan's end the other day. Very generously sized samples! I've already had the pleasure of trying them all and ...

#1 McClelland apologist Contrabass Bry's Avatar

Re: Pipe Tobacco MAW/PIF ll

Got Dan's end the other day. Very generously sized samples!

I've already had the pleasure of trying them all and have to say that I'm quite impressed with the quality of these tobaccos. Definately going to be some new tobaccos added to my next order.

Was particularly impressed with the Bob's Chocolate flake, Fillmore and Hamborger Veermaster.

BCF was very nice VA with the hint of Lakeland perfume. Latakia was tastfully applied and burn quality was excellent.

I need to wrap my head around Fillmore. I'd swear I smell latakia burning! Very interesting flavor combination and the perfect balance of VA to Perique.

HV was the sleeper hit. I guess it shouldn't be since I love Tordenskjold Virginia slices! Very tasty indeed!

Balkan Sasieni was a VERY nice light balkan. Better for me than Nightcap since the perique in that blend is rather strident.

Thanks again.

Now let's get Zack sorted, pronto!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

Anytime Bro, I'm glad to hear they got there safe!

Natedogg turned me on to HV recently. That sample was fresh out a new tin but smoked just fine for me as well. (If it reminds you of Tordenskjold VA slices then I'm going to have to get some of that!). The Fillmore was another freshly popped tin, dated 6/2010. It was the oldest one of the three I had on hand. This stuff ages great also!

Everything else had eight months to a year of rest in a Mason jar. Not exactly well aged, but well rested.

The current Wish List!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zfog View Post
    Grousemoor Plug
    Stonehaven
    SG Best Brown Flake
    SG Firedance Flake
    SG Black XX
    GH Dark Unscented
    GH Brown Bogie
    GLP Maltese Falcon
    Peterson Irish Oak
    Escudo

I would love to try these or really any that you think I may like that aren't in my cellar!
    EDIT: Just occurred to me...what's in your cellar Zach?

Ok here goes nothing. If this doesn't get picked up I will add some easier stuff to the list.
    Thanks again for passing me this wish!

Grousemoor Plug
    Stonehaven
    SG Best Brown Flake
    SG Firedance Flake
    SG Black XX
    GH Dark Unscented
    GH Brown Bogie
    GLP Maltese Falcon
    Peterson Irish Oak
    Escudo

I would love to try these or really any that you think I may like that aren't in my cellar. Thanks guys!
    Or anything you enjoy!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

I can pop a couple tins and get 3 of them. FDF, XX and Escudo (I think I still have a tin of Escudo)

Anyone else want the opportunity though?
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

I hate to have you pop tins that are in your cellar Dave. You are to kind Dave.

My cellar Zfog's Online Tobacco Cellar

#1 McClelland apologist Contrabass Bry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_2 View Post
    Natedogg turned me on to HV recently. That sample was fresh out a new tin but smoked just fine for me as well. (If it reminds you of Tordenskjold VA slices then I'm going to have to get some of that!).
    I think that HV would be a good sub for FVF. The Virginia Slices are not quite as deep or dark in flavor, but I get an apricot tin note and while the mouthfeel isn't as full, the flavor is rich. It's just that Dan's treatment of viriginias is pretty distinct. Not unlike Stokkebye. They just have this similar "something" that runs though their products and makes it immediately recognizable.

The Fillmore was another freshly popped tin, dated 6/2010. It was the oldest one of the three I had on hand. This stuff ages great also!
    Interesting that he HV and Filmore were fairly fresh. I would have thought otherwise from the pouch aroma. I definitely going to be putting a few tins of each away for a few years.

Everything else had eight months to a year of rest in a Mason jar. Not exactly well aged, but well rested.
    I'm becoming more and more impressed with all G&H products. Thanks for the BCF. Top notch stuff!

Back on topic: Maybe this calls for expanding the list so we can keep this great thread ALIVE?

In order to keep this going, anyone can send me anything they like to smoke! Just no newports!
    I will pass this wish on tomorrow if no one bites.

Allrighty, in order to keep this moving I am going to pass my wish to Sarge! He has been most generous during my cigar/pipe smoking transition!

Lets see that wish!

I talked with Sarge and he is apparently comfortable with his pipe weed situation, so this is going to Dirletra!

Damn! We dont have the holdings or access that you guys have otherwise we'd be on this in a wink!
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Scotch & Cigars

CMON let's get this thread going!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    CMON let's get this thread going!!
    I fear it has been degraded somewhat by your avatar. LMAO.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Full grown Puffer Fish dirletra's Avatar

I talked with Sarge and he is apparently comfortable with his pipe weed situation, so this is going to Dirletra!
    Oh man! Thank you Zach. This was unexpected, well since I have yet to smoke a pipe I have no specific wishes. I can tell you though that I love cigars, so most likely I wouldn't care for any of the aromatics. Uuum yea... Thanks for lookin out man!! this forum and it's members never stop amazing me. Thank you all!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

There we go, an easy one!

Full grown Puffer Fish dirletra's Avatar

Thank you sir!! Can't wait!!

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast