Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Need pipe tobacco in Ontario

This is a discussion on Need pipe tobacco in Ontario within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Due to Ontario's amazing anti-smoking laws (thank you government, from saving me from myself), stores are not allowed to advertise ...

Need pipe tobacco in Ontario

Due to Ontario's amazing anti-smoking laws (thank you government, from saving me from myself), stores are not allowed to advertise what tobacco they have for sale or even have it on display. There is a pretty decent place in my town that sells a bunch of pipes and what-not, but I need to purchase some tobacco for a quick fix while some decent stuff is in transit. Anyone know what pipe tobacco typical 'convenience' type places stock that is of decent quality? I want to pick this up tonite so I have something to enjoy while watching game 1 of the cup finals.

Re: Need pipe tobacco in Ontario

Frig, I put this in the wrong section. Someone want to move it over to the general area? Thanks.

anywhere but here

Should be a good game. I'm guessing you are going with the Canucks right? Good luck.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Blue_2's Avatar

They may not be able to advertise, but can they tell you what they carry over the phone?

Dave, I'd like to see the Canuks pull it off, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Blue, in this digital age, it never even crossed my mind to call them... I will try that.

Here's what they've got:

Amphora Original Blend
    Mac Baron (a bunch of different flavours)
    Borkum Riff (a few different ones)
    Backwoods

Any of these worth keeping on hand?

Ended up picking up some Backwoods Black and Gold as I don't mind the cigars for a 'cheap' cigar. The tobacco wasn't bad at all. Burned really well and had a bunch of different flavour changes throughout the bowl.

Also, the Canucks won... so, all in all, a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Yansee View Post
    Here's what they've got:

Amphora Original Blend
    Mac Baron (a bunch of different flavours)
    Borkum Riff (a few different ones)
    Backwoods

Any of these worth keeping on hand?

Ended up picking up some Backwoods Black and Gold as I don't mind the cigars for a 'cheap' cigar. The tobacco wasn't bad at all. Burned really well and had a bunch of different flavour changes throughout the bowl.

Also, the Canucks won... so, all in all, a good night.
    The Mac Baren stuff should be pretty good. Not sure about the Amphora, but skip the Borkum Riff! The Backwoods could be interesting, but I don't know anything about it.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney