Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I smoke with the same pipe every day...

This is a discussion on I smoke with the same pipe every day... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I have been using the same pipe every day for over a year. I clean it regularly and yet it ...

Puff Daddy

Smile I smoke with the same pipe every day...

I have been using the same pipe every day for over a year. I clean it regularly and yet it still smokes perfectly fine.

I have about three dozen pipes that were given to me by a former pipe smoker that I am planning on selling. Here is the reason, all the pipes I got were the standard style dime store pipes from the 1960's and 1970's. They cleaned up well and I bagged them. The pipe I smoke on everyday is a Savinelli and I do use the little moistener filter. After having smoked both styles of pipes, I found I prefer the Savinelli. So I figured if I sell off the other pipes then I'll get some funds for another Savinelli.

Anyway, would someone sell pipes on E-Bay or here?

Bryant from Ohio

Re: I smoke with the same pipe every day...

Bryant, You have to be on the forum, I think for 90 days and have 100 posts, to access the buy and sell part of the forum. Back in the 60s I had two pipes and smoked six pipefuls a day. I did that for a while before I bought another pipe and it didn't hurt them at all. If you tell my wife that I will deny it. I think all that rotation stuff is an excuse to buy more pipes, but it is an excuse I use.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Proof of just how amazing a material we have in briar!

Puff Daddy

The key is this spring loaded scraping tool that I got. It basically scrapes all the carbon out of the bowl with a few turns, I then soak the pipe in rum or scotch for a few hours, then run some pipe cleaners through it, and replace the wood filter. I have smoked 6-8 bowls a day from the same pipe since around Feb 2010. Interestingly, the stem is still tight and she smokes really nice.

B

While it may be better for a pipe in the long run (several years), smoking one pipe all the time will probably not hurt it in the short term. That is, if you keep it clean & maintain it well.

I have a pipe that I will often smoke several times back to back, with no issues. I clean it everytime though.

I say good for you Bryant!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
    The key is this spring loaded scraping tool that I got. It basically scrapes all the carbon out of the bowl with a few turns, I then soak the pipe in rum or scotch for a few hours, then run some pipe cleaners through it, and replace the wood filter. I have smoked 6-8 bowls a day from the same pipe since around Feb 2010. Interestingly, the stem is still tight and she smokes really nice.

B
    How often do you clean the pipe?
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Full grown Puffer Fish

i agree w/ nachman, this thing about pipes turning sour,(maybe if you used lemon flavored tobacco), i don't believe that nonsense. but if the pipe smokes fine i think it'll just get better with time. mike

CWL

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    ...I think all that rotation stuff is an excuse to buy more pipes, but it is an excuse I use.
    My wife has a need to rotate her shoes and handbags, so I need to rotate pipes!

Quote Originally Posted by CWL View Post
    My wife has a need to rotate her shoes and handbags, so I need to rotate pipes!
    Good point!!!

Full grown Puffer Fish pffintuff's Avatar

You can smoke the same pipe, day after day, and only clean it a couple times a week, when it clogs up, and you and your pipe will be fine. I do it all the time.

before hoes

Daily use works best for cobs (being comfortably disposable)... although I have yet to burn one of mine out/clog it.

Puff Daddy

I smoke the pipe for a week straight then at the end of the week, I clean it really well. Same pipe now going on about a year and half with six plus bowls a day. I could care less if it burns out eventually, I'll just buy another and do the same thing. I'm hardcore like that. I have probably three dozen pipes here, I only smoke one.

B

I have a pete shannon 80s that I smoke everyday also. It gets a days rest once a week maybe. When it burns a hole through it I will get another. keep smoking!
    I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.
    Edgar Allan Poe

Kat Krap Kontanment Media JustOneMoreStick's Avatar

Thats how the Old timers do it.
    Alcohol is to stupidity as steroids are to athletics...."performance" enhancers

No longer a community member.

I simply cannot smoke the same pipe daily, I only smoke twice a week so they get plenty of rest. That being said I believe one pipe would work fine after all thats what the old schoolers did.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast