Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Musketballing

This is a discussion on Musketballing within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I think ill try it!...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Re: Musketballing

I think ill try it!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Diodon nepheligina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    just rough it up a little & shove it in.
    "When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not. " ~Mark Twain

I tried the musketball method of loading a pipe, took a flake of FVF that's been aging for who knows how long. wadded it up, like I would a chewing gum wrapper and loaded my bend dublin.
    Damm nice even burn, and just a few tamps to get the flake down the botten of the bowl with nothing but ashes and a bit of dottle heheh
    the heel of the bowl was gurgling soo I had a run a pipe cleaner through a couple of times. my fault I rehydrated a flake over night and should have left it to sit for a bit hehe
    troy

Good results from me here as well. Ive musketballed about 3 different tobaccos and had some of the best burns ever- something I could never get with the "frank" method.

Quote Originally Posted by B.L. Sims View Post
    Good results from me here as well. Ive musketballed about 3 different tobaccos and had some of the best burns ever- something I could never get with the "frank" method.
    Glad it worked for you! I just musketballed some Royal Yacht -- think I'm finally getting the hang of musketballing ribbon! Definitely can't be too dry or it doesn't work worth a damn, though.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    my fault I rehydrated a flake over night and should have left it to sit for a bit hehe
    troy
    Can't be too dry or it falls apart and doesn't pack tight enough. (Weird thing to say in general, where too tight a pack is usually a mistake.)

I'll have to try it with ribbon some time; it's been a strictly flake thing with me.
    ********.com

Fantastic post. I tried this method with some Blackeney's Best Latikia Flake and it worked really well.

Was in a hurry this morning but decided I wanted to have a little LNF (after a week or so of 4Noggins blends) so I wadded up a flake and crammed it just below the rim of my finicky Viking. Voila! Excellent flavor, zero gurgle and by the end I had tamped the ball down to the bottom of the bowl. Best burn I've had in this pipe.
    So in other words, stop reading reviews and smoke more tobacco?
    Read! Think! Debate! Vote!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Glad it worked for you! I just musketballed some Royal Yacht -- think I'm finally getting the hang of musketballing ribbon! Definitely can't be too dry or it doesn't work worth a damn, though.
    Haha, got that right. To quote Maj Thorn(e) from "Sgt. Bilko"
    "Its like trying to nail jello to the wall"

Quote Originally Posted by B.L. Sims View Post
    Haha, got that right. To quote Maj Thorn(e) from "Sgt. Bilko"
    "Its like trying to nail jello to the wall"
    You can't mball crimp cuts or cube cuts, either. PA and CH are unMBable, for all intents and purposes. (But then, who cares, they burn great almost no matter what you do.)

Young Puffer Fish

I have been musketballing for years, just didn't know it had a name.
    Stan
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers

Elder Puffer Fish Leader NoShhhSherlock's Avatar

Great Post Jim, very informative!

I just came up with a variation which I call the musketball-curse-rip-and-cram, useful when realizing that the wadded up flake of Hamborger Veermaster is NOT going to fit in that Stanwell bent dublin...
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I just came up with a variation which I call the musketball-curse-rip-and-cram, useful when realizing that the wadded up flake of Hamborger Veermaster is NOT going to fit in that Stanwell bent dublin...
    potty mouth

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast