Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I can't try any new blends!!!

This is a discussion on I can't try any new blends!!! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by BrewShooter Yeah, I really need to curb this thing. I'm primarily a weekend smoker 3-5 bowls over ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

Re: I can't try any new blends!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    Yeah, I really need to curb this thing. I'm primarily a weekend smoker 3-5 bowls over Saturday and Sunday. At this rate, it's going to take me years just to get through my current stockpile.
    Well there are plenty of us here to help you eliminate your stockpile if thats the kinda help you need! LOL!!!!!!
    Corporal Punishment!

Quote Originally Posted by cp478 View Post
    Well there are plenty of us here to help you eliminate your stockpile if thats the kinda help you need! LOL!!!!!!
    Really! I could sacrifice at least a few bowls of my normal rotation on your behalf, doing my part in freeing up your life to try new blends. Count me in!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Oh stop your wining and embrace the cliff! Ive been smoking for a year now and ive amassed around 35 different blends. Ive stocked up on some that ive really enjoyed and am slowly smoking through some that ill never buy again. Out of all that ive tried id say of those 35 there are only less than 10 that I have bought or will buy more of. Of those ive yet to try/buy- there are maybe 3-5 left on my list.

Besides, if you never try new things you never know what awesome tobacco you may be missing out on!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B.L. Sims View Post
    Oh stop your wining and embrace the cliff! Ive been smoking for a year now and ive amassed around 35 different blends. Ive stocked up on some that ive really enjoyed and am slowly smoking through some that ill never buy again.

Besides, if you never try new things you never know what awesome tobacco you may be missing out on!
    +1...love it!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by B.L. Sims View Post
    This is why I don't smoke cigars. I certainly don't need to add that addiction, what a nightmare that would be!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

I have to rationalize it. I smoke about a pound a month, give or take. Once I have 120lbs. of good tobacco in the cellar I'll try to maintain it at about that weight. Of course that's what I say from 110 lbs. away from that goal, with at least a dozen tins in the on-deck box. But I sounded convincing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Xodar View Post
    I have to rationalize it. I smoke about a pound a month, give or take.
    And I thought I smoked a lot! When do you sleep!?

Oh. Wait. My calculations are off. I might be in that ballpark too!! My god. It's worse than I thought.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    And I thought I smoked a lot! When do you sleep!?

Oh. Wait. My calculations are off. I might be in that ballpark too!! My god. It's worse than I thought.
    Haha, aye, I had to double take at the math too. I figure I smoke an ounce every two days-ish. Sometimes more, rarely less, but 16 oz. is a decent ballpark for a month. Actually, that could be a little light.

I hear ya Jason, I've got 66 different blends in my cellar, 20 of which I haven't even tried yet. Ridiculous.............ly awesome! Apparently I have a case of "buy everything that tastes good" too.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

CWL

Quote Originally Posted by CWL View Post
    Hah! That's why I refuse to try new blends anymore! I kept liking new stuff and deciding that I needed to lay in a supply, but all that happened was that I'd accumulate and then decide to "put some age" on it and move on to a new baccy blend...

It was a downward spiral that I was caught in. It is only with difficulty that I'm able to slow myself down.
    OK, I've got a problem. After swearing off new tobaccys, I just made a purchase online where I bought 3 new tobaccos (in addition to 2 I've already tried and like)!

So much for trying to get my collection under 100 lbs!

It's a sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by CWL View Post

It's a sickness.
    Indeed and an incurable one at that. Tobacco hobbies seem to entwine themselves into your soul. The only temporary cure known to man is the affliction known as "penniless" but most are not that lucky.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    This is why I don't smoke cigars. I certainly don't need to add that addiction, what a nightmare that would be!!
    Especially when one stick can cost as much as an entire tin of good pipe tobacco. Sampling can get quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodar View Post
    Haha, aye, I had to double take at the math too. I figure I smoke an ounce every two days-ish. Sometimes more, rarely less, but 16 oz. is a decent ballpark for a month. Actually, that could be a little light.
    Was just checking. A musketball for a Country Gentleman weighs 3 grams, for a Pride, 2 grams. Adds up fast, huh? Ten or eleven stinking bowls and another ounce up in smoke!

well seeing I have no budget for TAD, till after the new year, or I'm really careful with how I spend my money. I'll have to save a $100 to make a purchase. thankfully I have quite a few blends to smoke thou. heaps of samples to hold me off
    unless of course, LNF comes up, then it's buy now LOL
    troy

If you're as smitten with this hobby as I am you'll be smoking for years. Building a deep cellar is excellent. Not only are you hedging the taxes you're also building currency for trades. It doesn't get better than that.
    So far I have about 16 pounds cellared.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2