Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I can't try any new blends!!!

This is a discussion on I can't try any new blends!!! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Oh, don't get me wrong, I would like to, but I can't. Why? Well, every time I try something new, ...

Unhappy I can't try any new blends!!!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I would like to, but I can't. Why? Well, every time I try something new, I end up liking it and want to buy more. I picked up a small sample bag, about a quarter of an ounce, of And So To Bed. I had a shallow/wide bowl Hackert that I had previously been using for VA tobaccos, but the shallow bowl seemed to be burning too hot with the VA blends. I decided I was going to try a narrower/deeper bowl Boswell with VA blends and decided to fire up the Hackert with a bowl of And So To Bed...there are moments that can change a man forever. What a great combination!! So, of course, now, I'm pretty sure I'm going to place a bulk order soon for some more of this lovely tobacco.

Tomorrow I'm going to try out my sample bag of Blackpool. I'm kind of hoping I don't care for it, because I really don't need another tobacco to add to the cellar.

Re: I can't try any new blends!!!

I remember when I started out I was looking for one Virginia and one Balkan to stock up. It hasn't worked out that way...
    ********.com

No longer a community member.

im having this problem with cigars. sadly, those are much more expensive o.o

luckily im super happy atm with purple cow :P

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    I'm kind of hoping I don't care for it, because I really don't need another tobacco to add to the cellar.
    hahaha. This just sounds too funny, but I know what you mean!

I wish I could be one of those smokers that just loves one blend. Like the guys that are quite happy with just PA. Lucky bastids!

it's just one deep bottemless hole, you try one blend ya fall in love, and you have to order 5 lbs of the blend, then another and another.... and so on ....face it give in.
    troy

I think trying new blends (cigar or pipe) is one of the reasons i really love these hobbies. While i love sititng back and relaxing and enjoying a familiar smoke; there's nothing like trying out a new one and not knowing what will happen.

then again, i'm a little adventurous with everything I do, lol.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

Good luck is all I can tell you!
    Corporal Punishment!

LMAO. By your reasoning I am totally doomed as I still have about a dozen samples here that I am yet to try. Damn you kindly pipe smokers!
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Corporal Punishment!

Doomed!!!! Lmao

What? You looking for SYMPATHY or something, paisan? Fuggeddaboudit. Try Facebook.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

resistance is futile.

Thanks for the perspective! I know this is a common addiction, but was not able to find a local 12 step program. It really is nice to try all the new tobaccos, one of the upsides to this glorious hobby/pastime/lifestyle. I've managed to curb the PAD for the most part. There area a couple of pipes I'd like to pick up at some point, but I've kind of got one of everything on my bucket list. However, TAD is still around, got a few more tins last week. Sitting out on the patio last night, the Hackert filled with And So To Bed and enjoying a glass of Deschutes Black Butte XXIII, was a happy moment.

I'm going to try that Blackpool later today...

CWL

Hah! That's why I refuse to try new blends anymore! I kept liking new stuff and deciding that I needed to lay in a supply, but all that happened was that I'd accumulate and then decide to "put some age" on it and move on to a new baccy blend...

It was a downward spiral that I was caught in. It is only with difficulty that I'm able to slow myself down.

Quote Originally Posted by CWL View Post
    Hah! That's why I refuse to try new blends anymore! I kept liking new stuff and deciding that I needed to lay in a supply, but all that happened was that I'd accumulate and then decide to "put some age" on it and move on to a new baccy blend...

It was a downward spiral that I was caught in. It is only with difficulty that I'm able to slow myself down.
    Yeah, I really need to curb this thing. I'm primarily a weekend smoker 3-5 bowls over Saturday and Sunday. At this rate, it's going to take me years just to get through my current stockpile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast