Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Cigars don't taste good anymore!

This is a discussion on Cigars don't taste good anymore! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I still love my cigars.....Mostly from the ISOM I have been loving my pipes because the tobacco is very flavorful. ...

Re: Cigars don't taste good anymore!

I still love my cigars.....Mostly from the ISOM
    I have been loving my pipes because the tobacco is very flavorful.
    I can smoke in the car, and house
    I can put it down mid bowl and revisit without it tasting bad...

Both has it's place.
    Tongue bite will set the flavors of cigars back a bit
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

I have smoked maybe 4 cigars in the last 6 months.....
    I love my pipe tobacco!

Quote Originally Posted by Zfog View Post
    I have smoked maybe 4 cigars in the last 6 months.....
    I love my pipe tobacco!
    What have you been smoking lately? Concentrating on any particular tobacco, or style of tobacco? What's on your wish list these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
    What have you been smoking lately? Concentrating on any particular tobacco, or style of tobacco? What's on your wish list these days?
    I have been smoking a very vast array of tobacco Jeff. Not too many Aros but lore of Virginias, burleys and Latakia blends. Life is good with a pipe in hand!

No longer a community member.

this happened to me when i first got into pipe smoking, i didnt have a cigar for almost a month. i smoke them about evenly again now, i actually felt bad for ever spending $$ on cigars i was so "into pipes" for the first month. i now enjoy both for different reasons.

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
    It is possible you won't want to go back to the cigars. It is possible you'll smoke both.

I've smoked both for nearly 20 years. Occasionally, I do seem to smoke them more or less equally, but that is rare. Usually, I'll go through phases where I prefer one or the other and only smoke the other on rare occasions when I have a particular taste for a change. These phases usually last a few months to about 6 months. I do lean towards the pipe more than the cigars mostly though because I usually do like them better, but when the desire hits for a cigar nothing really takes the place of a good cigar.
    Very true!!!!! Same here...

I got into pipes 1st, then cigars. while I love to smoke my pipes, and the countless different blends to try. I do have a small selections of sticks in my locker at my B&M.
    People give me sticks, and I usually end up throwing them in my locker to age. LOL.
    But one in a great while a nice Alec Bradly Princeado, or empernary is really really good.
    I just can't afford to pay $11 bucks for either one, and all I see at the end is a butt
    troy

Puffer Fish with some spikes italiansmoker's Avatar

I enjoy both, I started to smoke almost 20 years ago, tasting cigars and pipe tobaccos as well. For me, it's a question of tasks. I prefer to smoke pipes at home when I have a couple of hours or so, watching tv or reading a book or in front of my laptop surfing the web. I prefer a cigar when I'm having a stroll with my dogs. I can't imagine myself walking with them (two big ones, a Labrador and a Chow-chow) and messing with all the accessories I need I smoke a pipe: tampers, cleaners, matches. For a short walk I prefer a Partagas Serie D No.4 and for a long one, a H.Upmann Magnum 46. A good cigar is more practical and I can hold it in my mouth having my hands free to mess with the dogs' collars. Sometimes, when I have dinners with my friends, cigars are also my favorites, easy to share, easiest than pipes, can't offer my pipes to friends' mouths at all, I guess. So, I continue enjoining both of them, only the situation make the choice.
    My blog Tobaccosophy.com (in spanish) - My opened tins Gallery

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Completley normal in my case. Thankfully I built up my collection less than 1/5th of yours but ive still got around 100 sitting in a winodor. In the last year ive smoked exactly one. I think ill end up pairing it down to less than 25 good sticks and sell off/give away the rest.

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by B.L. Sims View Post
    Completley normal in my case. Thankfully I built up my collection less than 1/5th of yours but ive still got around 100 sitting in a winodor. In the last year ive smoked exactly one. I think ill end up pairing it down to less than 25 good sticks and sell off/give away the rest.
    wanna trade for some pipe baccy?

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    wanna trade for some pipe baccy?
    PM sent!

Puffer Fish with some spikes saigon68's Avatar

Back in the late 70's/early 80's I was smoking drug store stogies (Black Jack, Primo Del Ray, Bering etc.) after quitting cigarettes. I then switched to a pipe (forget the brand, Black Watch?; wife liked the smell). I stayed with the pipe for about a year & then sadly I returned to cigarettes for the next 15 years. I like my stogies & based on my own past experience will stay with them.
    Common sense is rarely common.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2