Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

McClelland thoughts.....

This is a discussion on McClelland thoughts..... within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Gent's..... I am loving McClelland, Virginia Woods, English Woods and St. James Woods. What are your favorite McClelland blend Thanks ...

McClelland thoughts.....

Gent's.....
    I am loving McClelland, Virginia Woods, English Woods and St. James Woods.
    What are your favorite McClelland blend
    Thanks
    Al
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Re: McClelland thoughts.....

I enjoy Deep Hollow and Grey Havens. Lightly cased but plenty of McClelland goodness.
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by asmartbull View Post
    Gent's.....
    What are your favorite McClelland blend
    Thanks
    Al
    I have numerous blends I haven't had a chance to open yet. But Super Syrian Balkan and Bombay Court are both very good.

CWL

I'm a fan of the Frog Mortons, especially FMATP.

Also quite fond of the Grand Orientals line like Katarini Classic.

pipe smokin' duck hunter Hendu3270's Avatar

I realy like Frog Morton ATB and just can't get enough of Blue Mountain.

Full grown Puffer Fish Thirston's Avatar

Old Dog. Bad name, good stuff.
    I think I'm the only one who smokes this rich med English.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Max_Power's Avatar

I have a taste for Dark Star, Blackwoods flake, & Deep hollow, and another one that goes by a number that I can't think of. And the Frog Mortons, esp. On the Bayou.
    That which is falling, should also be pushed

Puffer Fish with some spikes

5100 (aka red va) yum!
    I enjoy their "just plain nut" as well for its note- not much else.

I have only tried Christmas Cheers 2010 and Anniversary 2010 blend, though I liked both.

I enjoy frog morton, love FMATP, wilderness is yummy thanks to Contrabass for turning me onto wilderness heheh
    troy

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

Not a daily smoke, but I keep some VaPer flake (2015 if I recall correctly) on hand for those craving moments. And everyone should tour the world with the Frog at least once.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

I like the Christmas cheer's I have, also the Frog Morton series, especially across the pond.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Katharsis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asmartbull View Post
    I don't see Blackwoods Flake in this list. You should definitely remedy that . It's a dark and red VA, with a little spiciness to it, but the spice is just from the VA itself. Also, I just discovered Matured Virginia No. 27. Really good stuff. I also have the 2010 Christmas Cheer that I really want to open at the end of this year, but am debating letting it go for another year or so. I just ordered some Grey Havens today. I've discovered I like VaPers with burley in them (like LGF), but I'd like a little less Perique, and Grey Havens sounds like it fits that bill. Can't wait to try it.

As for English-type blends, try Blue Mountain. It's very new and very good. I haven't seen a bad review for it yet, and I love it. And yes, as others have said, any of the Frog Mortons are a good choice, with either regular or Across the Pond as a start.

McClelland just makes good stuff all around. I've only been smoking since April, and they're the only brand I think I can say that I've tried a lot of and wouldn't rate any of what I've tried less than 3/4.
    Last edited by Katharsis; 07-27-2011 at 06:29 PM.

While I've just barely scratched the surface of what McClelland has to offer, I haven't had anything of theirs I haven't loved.

Frog Morton is definitely among my favorites. While you are sampling McClelland, be sure to try the Grand Orientals series, especially the Yenidje Highlander. If you like aromatics, I am a fan of the Town Topic from the Premium Aromatics series, and after that one, I am really looking forward to trying some more McClelland aros.

My favorite would be Grand Orientals: Drama Reserve. However, I'm not a big fan of McClelland's as most of their blends bite the s*&t out of me. The effect seems to lessen with age, thankfully. (Drama Reserve doesn't bite me at all, however.)
    ********.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast