Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Brigham Pipes

This is a discussion on Brigham Pipes within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Howdy all! I'm new to the site so I'd like to say thanks for all the wonderful knowledge you guys ...

Young Fish

Brigham Pipes

Howdy all!

I'm new to the site so I'd like to say thanks for all the wonderful knowledge you guys have on here.

I bought my first pipe on Monday, a Brigham voyageur and I must say I love it.

I havent really seen too many brighams online tho and thought I'd ask what you guys generally thought of them.

Do you think I should stick with it as a starter or should I venture onto eBay and pic up an estate pipe?

Seņor Corncob

Re: Brigham Pipes

I own 2 Brighams a Voyageur 147 and a Mountaineer 336 and they both smoke great!
    I would say stick with it as they are great pipes, just make sure you break it in slow 1/4-1/2 bowls for the first dozen or so smokes.

I picked up a Brigham Mountaineer about a week and a half ago (either a 29 or a 36, can't remember off the top of my head). Really nice pipe; even managed to get a couple bucks off. I figured a gotta support Canadian businesses.

Young Fish

I got the voyageur 32.

I prefer the look of bent pipes.

I've smoked it three times so far and I loved it. But I didn't know if I can expect better from a pipe or is it as good as it gets?

As for the smoking part I pretty much dove right in and smoked a full bowl each time. Took me about an hour and a half to smoke them but I got through it with no overheating and some minor relighting.

I think I'm doing well. Lol but I'm just trying to hold back the p.a.d.!!

No longer a community member.

I started with a voyager and I must say it was a great smoking pipe I ended up selling it but now I am regreting that I did so. Stick with it but your gonna want to add a few more to your collection.

Young Fish

My only issue is that I can't get a pipe cleaner all the way down into the bowl without removing the stem.

The pipe cleaner catches on the wood because of the angle of the drill hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilios View Post
    My only issue is that I can't get a pipe cleaner all the way down into the bowl without removing the stem.

The pipe cleaner catches on the wood because of the angle of the drill hole.
    I have the same problem. It's a little annoying.

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Yansee View Post
    I have the same problem. It's a little annoying.
    Does it make the pipe harder to keep clean in the long run?

I've only had it for about a week and a half... but I'd say no. You can still pull the mouthpiece off and run a cleaner through it that way.