Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Wedding Pipe & Tobacco?

This is a discussion on Wedding Pipe & Tobacco? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Howdy all, As the title says I'm looking for a nice pipe and tobacco combo that I can smoke on ...

Young Fish

Wedding Pipe & Tobacco?

Howdy all,

As the title says I'm looking for a nice pipe and tobacco combo that I can smoke on my wedding day.

I was going to enjoy a cigar but since I started pipe smoking I know I'll stick to the pipe but still pass the cigars for others.

I was thinking about getting the Peterson claddagh pipe because of it's symbolism. But I started reading some threads on here and it seems that their pipes aren't always the best. Has anyone had any problems with this specific line?(I was going to get the style 69)

As for tobacco I have only smoked a blend similar to 965 at the moment but I enjoy it so far. Anyone have anything similar they could recommend? I like the sound of the McCellands frog Morton(sp?)

Anyways thanks for reading and look forward to hearing your suggestions.

If anyone wants to share what they actually smoked on their wedding I'd love to hear also. I love stories like that!

Thanks again!

Basil

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

Re: Wedding Pipe & Tobacco?

I like the idea of the claddagh pipe. I wouldn't count it out Petersons because it my have drilling issues, but I would buy from a reputable vendor that will let you return it (unsmoked) if you don't like it. If you like what your smoking now I would stick with that or else get the Dunhill version.

That being said if your wedding is anything like mine was you'll barely have enough time to smoke let let alone enjoy the nuances of a good blend. I had corona sized cigars and barely got 30 minutes on the patio to smoke.

Whatever you choose just remember to take a moment to take in the experience, the night goes fast.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Newbie in the ocean small towner's Avatar

+1 to what Commander said.

My wedding day flew by. My suggestion would be to wait until the honeymoon (if your taking one) to smoke your special day pipe. Or better yet purchase some baccy from wherever you go, and that experience will be forever ingrained!

I was fortunate enough to go to the Greycliff 'factory' and restaurant on my honeymoon. I had a few cigars made up while we ate and smoked a freshly rolled stogie less than half an hour after it was made!

Now I always relate certain greycliff cigars with my wedding.

Either way have fun and congrats!

I still think Dunhill Dress pipes are fancy enough for such an occasion

Dunhill Dress (3103) (2009) Pipes at Smoking Pipes .com
    Sales Manager | Smokingpipes.com
    ted.swearingen@smokingpipes.com

Young Fish

hmm i guess smoking a full bowl would take a bit too long. I just thought it would be a nice way to relax with all the hectic events.

Who knows maybe ill get a chance before the church, or even just a small cigar during the night

Either way congrats and enjoy yourself!

Young Fish

Things are looking promising with the Peterson pipe. The fiancé saw it and thought it was a good idea, even though she may not approve of my pipe habbit.

For tobacco I think I'm just gonna hit the local shops and see what they have since shipping into Canada seems like more of a hassle.

Ps. Commander quan do you perhaps frequent a forum of a Wet shaving variety. Your name looks familiar.

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

I am also on B&B
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Young Fish

Yes thought so! I've read a few of your pipe relayed posts, very informative.

I go by basil on there but it's all the same!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Garin's Avatar

Hmmmm, interesting question.

Personally, I'd go for a high-quality "classy" black-and-white meerschaum (I'm a big fan of Altinok, who made our excellent 2011 Puff pipes). I'd choose my favourite bowl shape without carving, put on a black acrylic stem, and make sure there's a nice sterling silver band on it. I'm thinking something like one of these maybe:

Altinok black and white pipes

There's probably something symbolic in the idea of the pipe evolving and maturing over the years too, but I'll leave that up to the poets to figure out

As for a tobacco, well, maybe something you like but that has a pleasant room note that is pleasing to your bride-to-be.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

With my wedding having been just under 2 years ago and my little brothers just over 2 days ago ill echo that you wont have a second of down time anywhere near your wedding to go off and have even a quick smoke. Between preparing yourself, groomsmen, and family, being worked over by the photographer, the ceremony, more pictures, eating, making your rounds, cutting the cake, hours will have passed with no opportunity to steal away. And quite honestly, you owe it to your bride and your guests who came to celebrate with you to be around. Save that special smoke for your honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    As for a tobacco, well, maybe something you like but that has a pleasant room note that is pleasing to your bride-to-be.
    Too bad Flying Dutchman is no more. You could smoke that stuff in a maternity ward and nobody would complain.

So, given that you really shouldn't be smoking anything really decent, for the sake of courtesy (Happy Bogie isn't going to make many people happy), we're left with the aromatics. Mac Baren Vanilla Creme Flake might be a little much. Three Blind Moose might cut it. Or maybe Butternut Burley. Even the omnipresent 1Q.

Might want to skip Double Fantasy. "The room note will immediately draw the opposite sex to you!!!" Can't have that, I don't think.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney