Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mason Jars

This is a discussion on Mason Jars within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by MarkC Why? Because it's just a waste. Hey, don't be so judgmental, it's not like glasses jars ...

Re: Mason Jars

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Why? Because it's just a waste.
    Hey, don't be so judgmental, it's not like glasses jars can be used dozens, if not hundreds, of times without issue...oh, wait...nevermind...

Puffer Fish with many spikes x6ftundx's Avatar

It's OK my wife yells at me too about throwing them away... I still don't mind

CWL

I hope you're at least throwing the glass into a recycling bin. Doesn't matter how cheap they are, there isn't any need to throw away something that can be reused pretty-much forever (or until they break).

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    Hey, don't be so judgmental, it's not like glasses jars can be used dozens, if not hundreds, of times without issue...oh, wait...nevermind...
    Glasses jars?!?!? WTF are glasses jars??!?! Clearly I meant GLASS jars!!!

still a waste to use the jars once and throw away, you can buy the lids for dirt cheap.
    But I do hope your throwing the jars into the recycle bin to be reused, since it melted down to make new jars
    troy

Or donate them to a local charity thrift store where poor people (like me) can purchase them cheap. lol
    -Gerald

Quote Originally Posted by CWL View Post
    I hope you're at least throwing the glass into a recycling bin. Doesn't matter how cheap they are, there isn't any need to throw away something that can be reused pretty-much forever (or until they break).
    of course they go into recycle... it would be a shame to use them for shotgun practice

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x6ftundx View Post
    of course they go into recycle... it would be a shame to use them for shotgun practice
    OK, I have to get in on this...been watching the "feud" for the past few days!

Why is it a shame to use the glasses jars...I mean glass jars for target practice ...isn't that a form of recycling, you know...using something you no longer want for something else? Beats throwing them away any day! ...
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by quo155 View Post
    Why is it a shame to use the glasses jars...I mean glass jars for target practice
    They don't sail very well, for one thing, and if it's just sitting there on the fence, what's the point? (If you can't hit a stationary jar target with shotgun, you probably shouldn't be handling weapons to begin with. )

Anyhow, seems like a much bigger hassle to go the store, stand in line, carry them into the house, get them out of the packing and so forth than it would be to just throw them in the dishwasher. Not just a waste of glass but a waste of time.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    They don't sail very well, for one thing, and if it's just sitting there on the fence, what's the point? (If you can't hit a stationary jar target with shotgun, you probably shouldn't be handling weapons to begin with. )

Anyhow, seems like a much bigger hassle to go the store, stand in line, carry them into the house, get them out of the packing and so forth than it would be to just throw them in the dishwasher. Not just a waste of glass but a waste of time.
    Here...here! I just thought I'd join in since I am new to the pipe "side" and give ya'll a hard time!

On a serious note...if it were me, I'd keep the jars and reuse them for the same thing...as I seem to not throw anything away!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post

I guess you have never shot clay "PULL" and no it's not a 'feud' it's just a normal discussion. Sure I could throw them into the dishwasher but it's the same thing with I never get estate pipes. My OCD just can't live with it. I even have to have one pipe per tobacco... It's just the way it is and I have to live with it...

I guess you have never shot clay "PULL" and no it's not a 'feud' it's just a normal discussion. Sure I could throw them into the dishwasher but it's the same thing with I never get estate pipes. My OCD just can't live with it. I even have to have one pipe per tobacco... It's just the way it is and I have to live with it...
    Oh...I see now...you have OCD...Hmmmmm...

Or wait, was that too many, or not enough "mmm's"?

BTW, I thought every cigar and pipe smoke had OCD...I know I do!

CWL

Actually, filled with liquid, or bad OTC stuff might make it interesting!

I typically shoot paper, but there's a "tin can alley" at the Rod & Gun "club" nearby where we pop plastic bottles and cans, no glass though.

Full grown Puffer Fish gentimmy's Avatar

who knew mason jars stirred such emotion?

You just see a jar, you have no soul. When I see a mason jar, I see a world of tobacco possibilities, an veritable cornucopia of future bowls, beckoning towards me with...okay, I'll admit it. I got nothin'.
    ********.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast