Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Mason Jars

This is a discussion on Mason Jars within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by freestoke Oh, sure. NOW you tell me! Hell, I missed the boat on Micro$haft, too. And I ...

CWL

Re: Mason Jars

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Oh, sure. NOW you tell me! Hell, I missed the boat on Micro$haft, too. And I KNEW it was coming at the time, because I could see the military orders and dictates from the Pentagon spelling it out loud and clear. (I was a DOD contractor with access to the purchasing data base.) Now THAT'S just STUPID.

Psst! Did you buy Apple shares when it went public in 1980?

Quote Originally Posted by CWL View Post
    Psst! Did you buy Apple shares when it went public in 1980?
    Now you're really making me feel bad. If I had, though, I would have probably managed somehow to sell them at a loss when things started going south for the company. Somehow, the capacity to make money has always eluded me. I never even could wrangle a decent paycheck, despite doing all the work for the people making more than me, doing the same job and having higher academic credentials and more experience than them -- for the same employer! I was always "the guru", and everybody knows gurus don't need money.

Hmmm...are we setting some kind of "furthest off thread" record here?
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

CWL

Hey, at least you seem to know how to enjoy a relaxing pipe every so often. You've also been able to smoke some brands that'll I'll never be able to.

Don't worry, I wasn't old enough to buy McDonalds or Apple myself, although I did look into the possibility of buying pre-IPO Facebook shares recently. -Minimum buy-in amount was $1 million... so it looks like I'll be needing to keep working as well!

Boders and Books shares are where it’s at. Those are available at a steal right now! Plus, everyone knows they are making a comeback!

disclaimer… I’m kidding. Please dont invest your house, car, children’s college fund, pipe tobacco cellar, and dog into Borders stock. That ship has sailed and is sinking off the coast of Mexico. Although the promise of fast returns on your large investment is alluring, do realize that the likelihood of that actually happening is about nil. So please, just don’t do it… End disclaimer
    "But when I don't smoke I scarcely feel as if I'm living. I don't feel as if I'm living unless I'm killing myself." —Russell Hoban

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4