Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

OOOOOHHHHH, tomorrow's going to be nice!

This is a discussion on OOOOOHHHHH, tomorrow's going to be nice! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; ...

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: OOOOOHHHHH, tomorrow's going to be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff10236 View Post
    While I still like a nice big beefy pipe, these smaller pipes are really starting to grow on me.
    I really like the larger freehand type pipes, however lately I find myself reaching for my smaller ones more and more. The classic billiard and bulldog shapes have really begun to appeal to me. It might have something to do with the recent 100+ temps... I really donít want to be outside for the amount of time it would take me to smoke a larger pipeÖ

While I still like a nice big beefy pipe, these smaller pipes are really starting to grow on me.
    I have only two medium large pipes, a Sasieni Canadian and a Savinelli 120 Anni, and one gigundo Tim West. Perhaps because I smoke a lot of flakes, they don't see a lot of action, but I also like a shorter smoke most of the time. Figure it would take me a solid 2.5 or 3 hours to incinerate a load in that Tim West, but I've only smoked 1/3 bowls in it so far (breaking it in).
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

So, I've smoked a bit of the Best Brown #2 today. Mild on the Lakeland, but it is definitely there (I can now safely say that I like that essence). The VA and burley does indeed remind me just a tad of Stonehaven, but it is definitely its own thing, and the Lakeland addition is interesting.

My one complaint on all three G&H tobaccos I've had so far, they are wet. Most tobaccos I can smoke down on 2 or 3 lights, and I can keep quite a few going on just one match. This stuff, if I set it aside for more than a few seconds, I need to relight. I have had a bowl of the Best Brown #2 loaded up and set aside in my Stanwell pipe I've decided to use for Lakelands for about an hour now. However, I have been smoking some of this in another pipe for the past hour, and I do still have a lot to get done for my classes (one ends tomorrow, the other ends Tuesday) before I go to bed and I don't want to risk a nicotine buzz so it might dry until morning before I smoke it. Either way, we'll see how it goes with some drying. If that doesn't work, I'll try rubbing it out since I've smoked them all with some variation of the fold 'n stuff or the cannonball methods.

Interesting that they are wet. I've only purchased a couple of G&H tins so far, two Bob's Chocolate Flake tins, both were not sealed when I received them, and one Ennerdale tin, that had a vacuum pulled so hard it was almost crushing the tin, I put it in a plastic bag just waiting for the day it looses the seal.

No longer a community member.

I buy mostly BulK G&H and that stuff is always on the wet side for me.

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by BrewShooter View Post
    I've only purchased a couple of G&H tins so far, two Bob's Chocolate Flake tins, both were not sealed when I received them
    Same here... on the up side it was somthing I wanted to smoke right away, so no biggie...

Hahaha, I had some of the PS Sweet Vanilla yesterday and today, and I can say...Lakeland ghosts. No, I didn't smoke it in the same pipe. I ordered them from the same place and at the same time, they were shipped together, and darned if I am not getting a faint bit of Lakeland with it (though not a lot). I haven't tried the LNF or LTF but it will be interesting to see if it is evident there as well.

Now, the PS Sweet Vanilla is good tobacco, but compared to my vanilla favorite (MB Vanilla Flake) it is more a traditional aro. Cavendish, more bite if not careful, and a little more chemical like flavorings instead of the more natural tasting MB. That said, it is good, I like it a lot (I've smoked the same tobacco 2 days in a row, as my only tobacco for the day, when I have a lot of other options, including several I haven't had yet). It does have a nice, sweet, vanilla flavor.

I ordered them from the same place and at the same time, they were shipped together, and darned if I am not getting a faint bit of Lakeland with it.
    You'd think they'd at LEAST double bag the stuff like Ennerdale and Brown Flake Scented, or better, wrap it in some aluminum foil. You'd think they'd know better. I always put "violent" tobacco in solitary confinement with aluminum foil when I do trades. It wouldn't cost them much to buy one of those restaurant size rolls they wrap sandwiches in, for example. Charge a buck for the service or something.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2