Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OOOOOHHHHH, tomorrow's going to be nice!

This is a discussion on OOOOOHHHHH, tomorrow's going to be nice! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I just checked my tracking numbers. A few online orders came in yesterday and today (I didn't have time to ...

OOOOOHHHHH, tomorrow's going to be nice!

I just checked my tracking numbers. A few online orders came in yesterday and today (I didn't have time to check the mail due to a ton of work to finish my current classes, so they are currently at the leasing office for my apartment).

So, tomorrow, I take possession of:
    16oz of MacBaren Vanilla Flake (I have exactly 1 flake left so it came in time)
    2 tins of SG Perfection (I had a few ounces left)
    2 tins of SG Squadron Leader (I had probably an ounce)
    2oz G&H Bosun cut plug (I haven't tried it yet)
    2oz G&H Dark Flake Unscented (also new to me)
    2oz G&H Ennerdale Flake (yup, I'm brave )
    4oz G&H Best Brown #2 (I really hope I like this stuff, I think I will)
    4oz Peter Stokkebye Sweet Vanilla (never had it, but I like aros, I like vanilla, I like Stokkebye, so we'll see)
    4oz Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake (I'm a big LBF fan, and I hear this is better)
    4oz Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake (I hear good things about this).

And I got a new pipe, a little rustic Peterson Barrel, to dedicate to all that G&H Lakeland goodness.

I so can't wait. Tomorrow won't be as hot as today (it hit 104), but it will be hot. I may have to work on my papers outside anyway. Maybe I'll go to my parents' house so at least I can get out of the sun using their covered deck with ceiling fan. At any rate, I will be doing a lot of smoking tomorrow (even if I have to do some of it inside). I'm getting a lot of new blends I really wanted to try (the SL, Perfection and Vanilla Flake will probably have to wait until later in the weekend or even next week). It will be great

Oh, I also got a new tent (more mesh/ventilation than my old one) and some other camping gear as well. My classes end Tuesday, I do need to make up some time with the parents and friends (I had to work on my classes over my birthday), but I will be breaking that stuff in next week too- probably be bringing a good amount of pipe tobacco with me.
    Last edited by Jeff10236; 07-29-2011 at 11:19 PM.

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: OOOOOHHHHH, tomorrow's going to be nice!

that's a nice order. I love the LTF, I think if you like the LBF you are gonna like the LTF as well... good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    that's a nice order. I love the LTF, I think if you like the LBF you are gonna like the LTF as well... good stuff
    It's a couple orders. I ordered the MacB and SG a week or so ago. The rest, I ordered a couple days ago. But yeah, other than reordering some of the GH that I end up liking best (since I only got 2oz of most), it will probably be my last order for a while.

That's quite a haul! What's funny is the only thing in there I'd be interested in is the Squadron Leader.

Looks like a terrific haul. Let us know what you think about the ennerdale. I actually really like the Lakeland flavors, but I haven't tried that one yet.

nice TAD buy Jeff, your gonna love and I mean love the LNF, I've got 3 lbs of the stuff aging away.
    btw how are you getting passed the state law banning internet sales of tobacco. I won't tell
    troy

No longer a community member.

you should come and bring some of that baccy to NH it's in the 60's at night and i have a covered deck for during the day :P

Quote Originally Posted by laloin View Post
    nice TAD buy Jeff, your gonna love and I mean love the LNF, I've got 3 lbs of the stuff aging away.
    btw how are you getting passed the state law banning internet sales of tobacco. I won't tell
    troy
    I'm not sure what the negotiations were, but I know CI has permission to sell in MD. I don't know if whatever they worked out allows others to sell here as well, or if a few retailers are just ignoring it, but I haven't had too much trouble finding retailers that will sell pipe tobacco to me yet. In case they aren't supposed to, I am not going to name the retailers. I am keeping records in case the CI agreement is that online sellers have to report sales to the state so the state can collect tobacco and sales taxes directly from the customer.

So, the orders that I was expecting came in:

I also had a ton of boxes from an Amazon order I placed, but wait, one of these other boxes smells like tobacco, how can that be?

DanR decided that I wasn't getting enough tobacco and sent me a nice little bomb:

So, today ended up being even nicer than I thought it was going to be.

I'm having trouble deciding what I'm going to start with. That Ennerdale smells almost overpowering through the bag. Part of me is thinking I should work my way up to it starting with the Best Brown #2 or the Dark Flake Unscented with the milder Lakeland essence and work my way into it, and part of me thinks I should jump right in and smoke the Ennerdale right away. While making up my mind, I think I may have to smoke a bowl of the PS LTF or the SG Kendal Cream.

drl

nice! enjoy

No longer a community member.

wow packages AND a bomb!

Smart move getting just the one pack of pipe cleaners. You'll need to add a few tins or a pound or two of tobak to get free shipping when you run out and have to order more.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Smart move getting just the one pack of pipe cleaners. You'll need to add a few tins or a pound or two of tobak to get free shipping when you run out and have to order more.
    Haha, yeah, that one pack wouldn't really last long. The pipe cleaners and the Czech pipe tool were thrown into the order by one of the retailers. Nice touch. I actually have quite a few pipe cleaners, I've recently bought a few hundred and I wasn't out yet. I'll probably put that pack into my glove box in my car as a spare for when I don't bring enough with me when I'm out.

Oh, I started breaking in my new Peterson. Not bad for a 50 some dollar pipe. While I still like a nice big beefy pipe, these smaller pipes are really starting to grow on me.

I smoked some Bosun Cut Plug today. Not heavy on the Lakeland, but it is there. Spicy tobacco and Lakeland, surprisingly good combination. I'm really starting to like Lakeland, and I've been starting to actually crave it. I think tomorrow for my first smoke I'll smoke the Best Brown #2 (the one I wanted to order most) but I'm definitely going to have to have a bowl of the Ennerdale (I can't wait to try it, but I'm not sure if I'm prepared for it as an early morning smoke).

wow jeff, a TAD purchase, and a bomb sweet.
    just go for the ennerdale, maybe you will get the same reaction that Dave get, women's napkin LOL
    troy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast