Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yard Sale Pipe

This is a discussion on Yard Sale Pipe within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by CaptainEnormous Just wondering where the Sasieni ID came from (I happen to love Sasieni seconds as well). ...

Re: Yard Sale Pipe

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEnormous View Post
    Just wondering where the Sasieni ID came from (I happen to love Sasieni seconds as well).
    I may have jumped the gun on the id. It sorta looked like a Sasieni, right off, and I swear I searched on Glenderry and came up with a "Sasieni second" hit -- actually I did, but it's just somebody saying so on an eeebay auction. Seemed right at the time! I still think there's a chance it's a Sasieni -- I mean, where did the auctioneer come up with it? The stem looks very Sasieni-esque, too. The stamp on my Mayfair is "Made in England" and on the other side of the stem, "London Made," so that's a good point on the "Made in England..."

Whatever, it's a great pipe for $5!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I may have jumped the gun on the id. ... I still think there's a chance it's a Sasieni.
    I've checked and it does not seem to be a Sasieni. sigh. I redid the search and the eebay listing was for two pipes, a Sasieni plus the Glenderry. sigh. Just going too fast and missed the curve. Sorry for getting your hopes up, Krystian. I feel terrible about it.

Hey, the one on eebay cost more, though, and I'll bet it was in worse shape! Every cloud has a silver lining!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Full grown Puffer Fish hunter1127's Avatar

I was thinking a Chartan or Barling; maybe a Comoy with that stamp.
    Going to Hell in a Bucket, baby...at least I'm enjoying the Ride

Ron Mexico Assault Squid Mr_mich's Avatar

Either way, I'm happy to have a good pipe. I lost my other one on a camping trip, so now that I have one again I can continue exploring pipe tobacco.

That's a nice find for $5! Clean her up and put a light to it and let us know how she smokes.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

I don't care whose seconds it is, it's a great little pot shape! It would be nice to know who actually made it but still, you got a heckuva deal for $5. Unless it's got some horrible flaw that we can't see, clean that bad boy up and burn some baccy!
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2