Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Samuel Gawith Score!

This is a discussion on Samuel Gawith Score! within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; So I finished work early today and decided to walk home instead of the usual bus ride. I took the ...

Young Fish

Samuel Gawith Score!

So I finished work early today and decided to walk home instead of the usual bus ride.

I took the route that took me past my local tobacco store just to see what pipe tobacco they might carry.

At first I noticed a few Peterson tins which I thought were pretty good and then I hit the jackpot the next shelf down wad all Samuel Gawith!

I took advantage of the fully stocked shelf and bought 4 tins:

1792 flake
    Balkan flake
    Squadron leader
    Full Virginia flake.

I think I did good and will be enjoying a bowl tonight. Just have to pick which one now!

I did good right??

Puffer Fish with many spikes Hambone1's Avatar

Re: Samuel Gawith Score!

IMO, yes.
    Puffers will push you down the slippery slope of PAD/TAD! Get out while you can!

Young Fish

lol so which should i smoke tonight then?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Xodar's Avatar

It depends on what you like. Many people think of FVF as the definitive VA flake. Squadron leader is a mild english. 1792 is special one, strong, and unlike anything else I have tried. No experience with Balkan flake, so if it were me that's the one I would try, lol.

CWL

Quote Originally Posted by Basilios View Post
    lol so which should i smoke tonight then?
    Smoke the Balkan Flake. It will be incredible out of the tin.

Let the FVF and 1792 age for as long as you can stand it, at least 3-6 months, but upwards of one year if you can wait.

Squadron Leader will be very wet so you should let that dry for a while before smoking.

Seņor Corncob

1792! but be careful..it'll getcha!

Now if it were me, I'd take out my four estate Sasieni's, fill 'em with the four tobaks, pour myself a beer and start running the gamut to celebrate! Wet, "green", who cares!? It's party time!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Young Fish

lol now that you guys all seem so excited i want to smoke each one!

Also to make things even better the mailman just delivered my Zippo pipe lighter!

No longer a community member.

I just got a shipment from Synjeco and Balken Flake was in it, so I know which one you should smoke based on what I would smoke tonight. BF

some people have all the luck, founding the hard to found blends. try to hold off on the FVF and 1792, as long as you can.
    FVF fresh taste raw and harsh
    troy

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

This makes me long even more for my SG tins en-route from 4noggins. I've tried them all except FVF and that balkan flake is something special after a year of aging, covered in sugar crystals and big flavor hit.

Smoke whatever you haven't tried, or all of them, then go back to the shop tomorrow and pickup tins for the cellar.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Young Fish

At the moment I've got them in my cigar humidor which is at about 65% this is probably too humid right?

Should I leave them in there or do I put them down in the basement?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Basilios View Post
    At the moment I've got them in my cigar humidor which is at about 65% this is probably too humid right?

Should I leave them in there or do I put them down in the basement?
    Pipe tobacco doesn't need to be kept humidified like cigars, if the seals are fine just keep them somewhere dry and cool, otherwise pop 'em open and store in jars. Don't keep pipe tobacco with cigars either, the cigars will get infused with pipe tobacco flavor.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewdk View Post
    Don't keep pipe tobacco with cigars either, the cigars will get infused with pipe tobacco flavor.
    Who cares about the cigars!? The pipe tobacco will get infused with the smell of cigars!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Now if it were me, I'd take out my four estate Sasieni's, fill 'em with the four tobaks, pour myself a beer and start running the gamut to celebrate! Wet, "green", who cares!? It's party time!
    Hells Yeah!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast