Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I smoked a great bowl today thanks to?

This is a discussion on I smoked a great bowl today thanks to? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by craig_o I've been waiting to place another tobacco order for a month or so now (more EMP! ...

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: I smoked a great bowl today thanks to?

Quote Originally Posted by craig_o View Post
    I've been waiting to place another tobacco order for a month or so now (more EMP! Scottish Mix! Samual Gawith Everything!), but it's just getting harder the more blends I sample. Poor me.
    At least now you won't have to pay for shipping.

Zfog. He hit me with some 1792 a while back that rumour has it was dated in 2008. An awesome bowl that I enjoyed in the utmost.

Meanwhile Tash had a bowl of Irish Cream, smoked in one of the really cool "Holmes & Watson" meers that Ron Shuckins gifted her.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Double whammy for me tonight. I'm smoking a bowl of lancer slices that I received from CWL in my McCarter Pipe, which is made by our very own CaptainEnormous. It smokes like a champ!!!

For my third pipe of the day...STONEHAVEN! My last bowl. sigh. Vintage 2004, sent to me moons ago by Mister Moo. Lots of white crystals. sigh. I have chosen the venerable Sasieni Two Dot, which seems to be performing with its standard reliability. I decided to rub it out completely, getting away from my lazy musketballing for a change. And this stuff is just dandy, I must say. The Two Dot was the perfect choice of implements. (Thanks, Dan!)
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Deviant Gentleman The Mad Professor's Avatar

I smoked my first bowl of Stonehaven last night thanks to CWL! It was pretty good, but different. The end of the bowl was actually way better than the beginning. I'll have to sample more and see if it grows on me.

Sather (Mycroft Holmes) sent me a sample of Frog Morton the other day and I gave it a shot this morning. Very nice! I've never had any of the Frog Morton series, so it expanded both my resume and cellar. Thanks, Sather, A most enjoyable smoke!

And here we are with a Bari Dana and some Sail Aromatic. Maybe this stuff was meant to be smoked in Danish pipes only, but it sure is good! Over twenty years old, according to Scotch (Troutman22)! Oldest tobacco I ever smoked by FAR!! (That alone would make it worth reporting -- gotta fill in the "Your oldest tobacco" thread on the reviews forum!!). Don't think I ever smoked this back when I would have, in college. Had some of the Sail Yellow, but not the aromatic.
    Maybe it's just the age, but if it is, it definitely makes me a believer in aging! Somehow I don't think the new Sail Aromatic is this good.

Excellent, Scotch!! Thanks a ton!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    And here we are with a Bari Dana and some Sail Aromatic.
    Oops -- Sail Green!

Three Blind Moose thanks to freestoke!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

The Armchair Detective Mycroft Holmes's Avatar

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Frog. It's definitely one of my "go to" smokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Sather (Mycroft Holmes) sent me a sample of Frog Morton the other day and I gave it a shot this morning. Very nice! I've never had any of the Frog Morton series, so it expanded both my resume and cellar. Thanks, Sather, A most enjoyable smoke!
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

I too just enjoyed a pipe of Three Blind Moose thanks to our good friend Jim. Thanks again man, thats quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman22 View Post
    Three Blind Moose thanks to freestoke!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is quite a three pipe problem, and I beg that you won't speak to me for fifty minutes." - Sherlock Holmes

Last night, I smoked a bowl of BBF, an unexpected bonus inclusion from a trade with Diodon Nepheligina a ways back. Just fabulous! I haven't seen him around since shortly after that. I sent him email per his vcard, but never got an answer, so I'm a bit worried. Anybody run across him on another forum perhaps?

I was craving something spicy to smoke tonight, and as I was digging around the tobaco cabinet I came across a sample of HH Acadian Perique that Mycroft Holmes (Sather) sent me recently. The moisture content seemed about right, so I decided to fire it up. This is my first bowl of this blend, and I have to admit that I was a little nervous about it having too much Perique, but it's really hitting the spot. It has a very fresh, natural tobacco flavor at the base and a nice black pepper spice that you'd expect from the Perique. Thanks Sather!

Hey Dan,
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the HH Acadian Perique. When i first had it, I too was a bit worried about it maybe having too much Perique, but after smoking a few bowls, i can safely say that it has just the right amount for my tastes. Also, I wanted to let you know that I have been smoking that Tankard almost religiously over the past week and I gotta say, I really love it. That pipe does wonders with flake blends (which usually tend to die out in my other pipes.)
    Thanks again so much the amazing bomb, Dan. You are truly one of the most generous guys on this forum, and are officially a legend in my book!

Boswells Best thanks to Hambone1. Mellow and mild - GF likes the smell. Winner.

Booya - 500th post.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast