Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I smoked a great bowl today thanks to?

This is a discussion on I smoked a great bowl today thanks to? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; The bowl is packed and I'm ready for my first bowl of SG Medium Virginia Flake, thanks to Coffee-Cup. This ...

Re: I smoked a great bowl today thanks to?

The bowl is packed and I'm ready for my first bowl of SG Medium Virginia Flake, thanks to Coffee-Cup. This one's been on my 'to try' list almost since the beginning, so hit or miss, it'll be nice to cross one off my list. Not too many left...

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

I'm still working my way thru the NST samples sent by Mata777. Last night was a very pleasant bowl of Solani Mystery X. The fun aspect of this phase is that I have no expectations or benchmarks for anything I smoke.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Andrew, aka szyzk, sent me a sample of Ogden Walnut a while back as part of the payload of a devastating bomb. I'm burning some now in the FourDot pot. Really fine tobacco this! Thanks, Andrew!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

I'm enjoying a bowl of Sail Aromatic with more than 20 years age on it with a big thank you to Scotch (troutman22) for the giant sample. Not only that, but he gifted me a few other tobaccos too, including a whole tin of the 2011 IPSD blend that I can't wait to try. Thanks Scotch!!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I'm enjoying a bowl of Sail Aromatic with more than 20 years age on it with a big thank you to Scotch (troutman22) for the giant sample.
    Double thanks, Scotch! I had polished off the other sample he sent me and it's super nice to have more SA to smoke!

Full grown Puffer Fish Bunnosaurusrex's Avatar

i just finished a huge bowl of mac B VA flake thanks to Tashaz... and later on i think i will smoke some frog morton also thanks to Tashaz lol

Andrew (Szyzk) sent me a seriously destructive bomb a while back. This morning, some 1998 vintage Capstan flake peeked out from the rubble, so I decided to give it go. Really interesting stuff! I think it's Navy Cut Full or Medium or Original, but I'm not sure. I don't even know if they still make it, for that matter! Certainly the thinnest flake I've run into yet, rubbing out to a fine shag almost like Five Brothers. I don't know whether it's the extreme antiquity of this flake or part of the European Tobacco Conspiracy to keep the best tobaccos off our shelves, but it smokes just great!

Thanks, Andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Andrew (Szyzk) sent me a seriously destructive bomb a while back. This morning, some 1998 vintage Capstan flake peeked out from the rubble, so I decided to give it go. Really interesting stuff! I think it's Navy Cut Full or Medium or Original, but I'm not sure. I don't even know if they still make it, for that matter! Certainly the thinnest flake I've run into yet, rubbing out to a fine shag almost like Five Brothers. I don't know whether it's the extreme antiquity of this flake or part of the European Tobacco Conspiracy to keep the best tobaccos off our shelves, but it smokes just great!

Thanks, Andrew!
    If you don't mind paying UK taxes, Shipping from the UK etc, it is still available. It costs a LOT. https://mrsnuff.com/store/capstans-r...74681b3b797bb3
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    If you don't mind paying UK taxes, Shipping from the UK etc, it is still available. It costs a LOT. https://mrsnuff.com/store/capstans-r...74681b3b797bb3
    $190 per lb. I am REALLY enjoying this now, Andrew! (Do Mason jars come combination lock lids?)

Sugar Barrel thanks to Freestoke - KK thanks to DanR - Irish Flake thanks to Hambone1. You guys all rock!
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

(Actually not today but a few days ago but never mind)

Thank you Shuckins from an overwhelming generous trade - To celebrate an unexpected promotion I decided to dig into the cellar and open a tin, after much internal debate, Briar Fox.
    Yummy sweet pure virginian tobacco taste, from the stained paper inside the can I suspect there was some decent age on this baccy and the dottle was like smoking tobacco treacle. Not sure why it's called a crumble cake, the big piece in my can is as hard as plug and looks so tasty.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

I broke out the sample of Sweet Rum Twist sent my way by Clifford, and to my surprise, it's a nice, flavorful smoke. I'll have to get more of this, but right now, I think I have to crash...
    ********.com

I just finished sampling my stash of Boswell tobacco that Hambone1 sent me. All of them are decent but I think I like Pipers Pleasure the best.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Smoke the last of the 1998 Capstan that Andrew sent me last night. Good stuff, Andrew! (Figured I'd better finish it up before it went bad.)

I owe Mikebjrtx a big thanks for the past few nights. Yesterday I finished off the sample of Dark Star that he sent to me in a bomb (wonderful smoke!), so tonight I opened up the English Stout that he sent in a follow up bomb a few days later (he's ruthless folks).

I've been curious about this blend for a while, but I've been waiting for the weather to cool off a bit. It's very pleasant out tonight, so I'm giving it a whirl right now. I'm quite impressed. It's a very dark tobacco and has a ton of Latakia, but it's blended perfectly to have just the right amount if sweetness to balance it all out. I think its aptly named, because this reminds me of how a stout ale should be dark and bitter, but have just the right amount of sweetness to keep you coming back for more.

I will buy more of this, especially for the upcoming winter nights - this will be a perfect cold weather smoke. Thanks Mike!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast