Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I smoked a great bowl today thanks to?

This is a discussion on I smoked a great bowl today thanks to? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I'm working on some McClelland 5100 Red Cake from RJPuffs....

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Re: I smoked a great bowl today thanks to?

I'm working on some McClelland 5100 Red Cake from RJPuffs.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Glad you like it, Dan! I'm going to have a thank-you bowl back at you -- 1956 Prince Albert!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Two bowls actually - thanks to Dr. Plume! Tobacco of the month - Anni Kake - is a great VaPer!
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Two bowls actually - thanks to Dr. Plume! Tobacco of the month - Anni Kake - is a great VaPer!
    Glad you like it one of my favs.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Leading Puffer Fish

Just smoked a great bowl of Holiday Spirit 2012 thanks to Pete (BigSarge)! Thanks Pete!

Had a sample of pembroke lying around from my last trade with desertlifter. Curiosity killed the cat you know? Great bowl from a great botl.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Just had a bowl of Villiger 1888 Cocktail Hour thanks to TanZ2005, who noticed my question about the brand and sent me a sample. Wrapped in other samples for protection. Then placed in a container made of tobacco samples...well, you get the idea. Anyway, the Cocktail Hour...

A fascinating blend, it has an odd taste that I've never encountered before, but one that is unmistakeably Virginia. It's as if the grassy 'aftertaste' has gone sour, giving it a flavor that at first impression seems to indicate an oriental additive, is actually part of the Virginia. It's very unusual, and I'd recommend that Virginia lovers give it a shot; it's an unusual approach in a crowded field. In all honesty, I'm not sure I like it, but more testing will tell. One word of caution: this is one of those Virginias that you have to approach as a slow, smouldering bowl, or the flavor will fade away completely.

Thanks, James!
    ********.com

Finishing up the sample of House of Lords James sent. It's nice; if had any interest in adding another balkan to my cellar, I could see buying more.
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Plume View Post
    Had a sample of pembroke lying around from my last trade with desertlifter. Curiosity killed the cat you know? Great bowl from a great botl.
    Thanks, and lovely isn't it?
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Having my first ever bowl of Gawith, Hoggarth Best Brown #2 , from a tin received from Imperial Stout in the pipe lotto about a year ago. Very nice, heavier than Bright CR Flake, with about the same level of lakeland (ie., not much).
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Thanks, and lovely isn't it?
    Sure is!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Having my first ever bowl of Gawith, Hoggarth Best Brown #2 , from a tin received from Imperial Stout in the pipe lotto about a year ago. Very nice, heavier than Bright CR Flake, with about the same level of lakeland (ie., not much).
    To my mind it is the perfect "simple" Lakeland.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Finishing up the sample of House of Lords James sent. It's nice; if had any interest in adding another balkan to my cellar, I could see buying more.
    House of what? We understand that this was sent by the Lords James (name dropper...), but what's the full name of the blend. A word or two seems to have been ommited.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    House of what? We understand that this was sent by the Lords James (name dropper...), but what's the full name of the blend. A word or two seems to have been ommited.
    That would be Hearth and Home House of Lords, blended by Russ Oulette of Pipes and Cigars.com. Oh, I'm slow this morning. Just got it.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Enjoyed a great bowl of Squadron Leader thanks to Jerry! @veteranvmb

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast