Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 10 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I brought the Dholakia Sparrow Cool and the Bernard Aecht Alt with me today. The Dholakia is interesting, but I'm ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

I brought the Dholakia Sparrow Cool and the Bernard Aecht Alt with me today. The Dholakia is interesting, but I'm a bigger fan of the schamlzler!
    The cake is a lie!

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

I haven't been able to take any snuff lately due to a sinus infection. Hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with the snuff...

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

I've been on a Honey Menthol kick for the last 3 days. It's weird, the more you sample this, the more flavors come out. Now, I get the menthol, the honey, but also a strong flavor of cocoa as well! This one is a keeper for sure, I'll order more in the next round.
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

GH CM tonight to fight a cold.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

I'm sorry to hear about the cold Nick. It sounds like you might need some of the Honey Menthol that WW has been boasting about!

I stuck with WOS Kendal Brown tonight. I can't believe how much this one has grown on me. I didn't like my first sniff, now I carry the tin with me everywhere. I see a bigger tin of this in my future!

I had a little snort of Tom Buck this morning as I prepared a small "snuff bomb" for an unsuspecting, non-snuffing lurker here. I am not sure if he'll give it a go or not, but the temptation will be staring at him either way. We shall see!

Christmas Pudding tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I had a little snort of Tom Buck this morning as I prepared a small "snuff bomb" for an unsuspecting, non-snuffing lurker here. I am not sure if he'll give it a go or not, but the temptation will be staring at him either way. We shall see!
    I'll file a full report tomorrow. Just confirming that the Snuffbox Santa hit the mailbox yesterday, Dan. Thanks -- I think!
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I'll file a full report tomorrow. Just confirming that the Snuffbox Santa hit the mailbox yesterday, Dan. Thanks -- I think!
    I was so covert in the way I got your address, that I worked myself into a heightened sense of excitement. I do know that you may not partake, and that's ok too.

More Christmas Pudding as I wait for the kids to rise. Merry Christmas everybody!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Christmas pudding seems to be a fitting snuff for this evening, I shall also partake!

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Well, I opened up my 10g tin of Tom Buck this evening, to try something different. I drink Earl Grey tea every day, so this one should be right up my alley.

I enjoyed the flavor very much, and the tobacco flavor along side of it was quite nice. I am finding, however, that I seem to be enjoying the snuffs with menthol more than those without it. My favorites so far have been Honey Menthol and M4X, followed by Bordeaux, Tom Buck, and High Dry Toast. I guess it's the same situation as someone prefering virginias over latakia or burleys. Everyone has their own tastes and preferences.

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I do know that you may not partake, and that's ok too.
    I wish I'd have opened it yesterday, so I could have had some Christmas 2011! (Right now I have some drying a tad and will give a go shortly.) I didn't expect pipe tobacco in there! Fanstastic! SG Navy Flake, Lousiana Red, and Red Rapparee too! And a half dozen little tublets with stuff -- uh -- snuff in them. And a miniature can that says, "Toque...Toast and Marmalade." (Weird that they can sell something without a weight or count on the label or can itself. ) Very interesting. I have taken a photo and when I download the camera I'll post it.

Really nice hits on the tobacco, Dan! I only had a couple of bowls remaining of the Red Rapparee and I've never had the others. I'll try to get the courage to try the snuff tomorrow.

I gave the GH&Co. English Rose a toot a while ago. Huzzah! I vote "aye"! Wasn't expecting quite the snorkiness it delivered -- but I liked it! Next thing you know I'll have a plug in my cheek and a spitoon in the living room. Anyhow, I don't seem to be suffering any immediate ill effects, so semper excelsior! I have another "holiday evening drought" coming later today, so I think I'll be taking along some English Rose to bolster the Vitamin N while I'm there.

BTW, this might sound really stupid, but how much is "normal" to do at a time? Like, these little containers. Is that about a day's worth or what? Just trying to get a feel for how much snuff snuff takers take. We had a maid when I was a kid in Virginia who was really part of the family. She'd sit on the back porch with a quart mason jar full of ice water and iron the laundry, singing spirituals like Mahalia Jackson. (She could sing her ass off! She'd of given Aretha a run for her money!) Her lower lip was PACKED with snuff when she did laundry! Probably not the same stuff, though, right? Or is it? It was NOT chewing tobacco, it was snuff.

Whatever, I think I'm heading for my second toot!

BTW, this is what DanR sent me: The Attack of the Snuff People

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

I have been following this for some time now. You all have grabbed my attention and I am considering getting a small can of some old fashioned American snuff. I think I would prefer something more natural...as I dip Copenhagen (moist snuff) and can handle strait or natural...what's your opinion of a few "must tries" when wanting to try nasal snuff?

Help!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

As far as how much, I usually just take a pinch between my fingers or tap a little on the back of my hand. Sometimes I use the tip of my pipe tool to dip in a grab a little, like a mini spoon. There's really no right or wrong way, but go check out Karatekyle's youtube video and you can see how much he snuffs. If I try to gauge how much I put in each nostril, I'd say it's as small as the size of an aspirin tablet or maybe up to a multivitamin. Something in that range, although it's personal preference. Those little sample boxes have a few grams of tobacco, so they'd last me for a while (I only take snuff a few times per day).

Dry nasal snuff is not the same thing as moist snuff that goes in between your cheek and gum.

American Dry Snuffs, like Garrett or Swisher, can be found in many grocery stores in fairly large containers for about $6-$8. Typically they are Scotch Snuffs, which have a very dry consistency and are smokey in flavor (scent). I have some, but be careful sniffing (i.e. sniff gently) as they will fly past your nostril and right into your sinuses. It's not bad for you, but it may give you a burning sensation for a few seconds.

Page 10 of 185 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 60 110 ... LastLast