Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; For an American snuff I like Navy Plain or Railroad Mills Plain. American snuff is quite fine and harder to ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

For an American snuff I like Navy Plain or Railroad Mills Plain. American snuff is quite fine and harder to snuff than English or German snuffs. A good natural snuff is Sam Gawith London Brown. It is course and moist and comes in a vacuum sealed 25g tin. If you can't find the London Brown, SG Scotch Black is good (also in the 25g tin) You might want to try a SP snuff also. All brands make them. The most popular is probably Wilson Of Sharrow Best SP. I like WOS Gold Label as it is made with Virginia tobacco. A lot of people like WOS Tom Buck. It has more bergamot scent to it than most. The Bernards Aecht Altberischer Schmalzler or the Bernards Dopplefermenteit Schmalzler are good German snuffs. For a medicated I use G&H CM (camphor menthol) or WOS SM Blue. The SM stands for Sharrow Medicated. Excellent menthols include WOS Honey Menthol and McCrystal's O&G (Original and Genuine) Wow, I could write a book an recommended snuffs.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

I'm trying a mixture of Tom Buck and McC O&G. It's not bad, but I'm slowly figuring out what I like in a snuff.
    The cake is a lie!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes quo155's Avatar

Thanks to each of you for your recommendations. That gives me a great place to start.

I was curious about some of the drug store brands...from the past...if they were worth trying or not? My mom (back in her hay days of bull riding and barrel racing) used snuff as her grandmother...my late great-grandmother always had that stuff in her nose. I used to spill it out all over the floor when I was growing up...and would go over for a visit! That's my memory of nasal snuff...and that so many others in my family used it, but most are all gone!

I am going to keep digging, doing some research and see if I can find what some of their favorite brands were...I think I will text my mom now to see fi she remembers!

Thanks again fellers!
    Join the NRA, ask me WHY! CCF on Facebook

I'm having some Wilson's of Sharrow Strawberry at the moment. It has a nice natural tobacco base with an articfical Strawberry scent that is surprisingly very pleasant.

@quo155: most Americans used that snuff in their mouths, especially women. If they recommend a sweet snuff approach it with caution. Some American sweet snuffs smell good, but the sugar in them bothers my sinuses. If you want to try a sweet snuff, Honey Bee smell great.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by quo155 View Post
    Thanks to each of you for your recommendations. That gives me a great place to start.

I was curious about some of the drug store brands...from the past...if they were worth trying or not? My mom (back in her hay days of bull riding and barrel racing) used snuff as her grandmother...my late great-grandmother always had that stuff in her nose. I used to spill it out all over the floor when I was growing up...and would go over for a visit! That's my memory of nasal snuff...and that so many others in my family used it, but most are all gone!

I am going to keep digging, doing some research and see if I can find what some of their favorite brands were...I think I will text my mom now to see fi she remembers!

Thanks again fellers!

Tommy,

I tried to send you a PM, but it says your mailbox is full. If you'll PM me your address, I'll put together a small snuff sampler for you. I only have one american snuff (Garret Sweet Scotch), but I can send you a wide variety of european snuffs, including a few that Nachman mentioned.

Cheers,
    DanR

Got a text back from my Mom...and they used to always use "W.E. Garrett & Sons sweet and mild snuff" and/or Scotch Snuff from their line...now, off to see if it is still around...

Thank you for the info! I just ran across some of your information on snuffhouse.org...you had some useful tips there as well!

Yes, that's what the ladies would do down here...that's not what I am looking for...as much as a brand they'd use and was popular here in Texas. I am leaning more towards trying their Scotch Snuff...or something along those lines.I'm not stuck on this brand, it's just something I do...I like to carry on a few things that others in my past used...if you know what I mean?

In fact, I really don't think I would like "sweet" in general, I may...but I am looking more for something smoky...woodsy, or natural...as I like tobacco as it is.

Thank you Nick!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    @quo155: most Americans used that snuff in their mouths, especially women. If they recommend a sweet snuff approach it with caution. Some American sweet snuffs smell good, but the sugar in them bothers my sinuses. If you want to try a sweet snuff, Honey Bee smell great.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Tommy,

I tried to send you a PM, but it says your mailbox is full. If you'll PM me your address, I'll put together a small snuff sampler for you. I only have one american snuff (Garret Sweet Scotch), but I can send you a wide variety of european snuffs, including a few that Nachman mentioned.

Cheers,
    DanR
    Sorry Dan, I just cleaned out some PM's so my inbox should be good for now...if you want to try again. I don't expect anything from you brother, just some direction...as this is new to me!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

If I try to gauge how much I put in each nostril, I'd say it's as small as the size of an aspirin tablet or maybe up to a multivitamin. Something in that range, although it's personal preference.
    Holy Hannah, Dan! That's a bit more than I take. Here's a pretty standard sized portion of snuff for what goes in my nose per bump.

Quote Originally Posted by karatekyle View Post
    Holy Hannah, Dan! That's a bit more than I take. Here's a pretty standard sized portion of snuff for what goes in my nose per bump.

Yeah, I take quite a bit more than that...

I'd say I take a hit about the size of an aspirin at most.
    The cake is a lie!

Puffer Fish with some spikes jtree26's Avatar

I'd say the size of an aspirin or a pea would be typical for me. Sometimes if I take a smaller pinch I'll chain several in row.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

About 2 weeks ago I bought a tin of WOS Anise Extra off of Kyle to see if I would like snuff and have decided that I do an I want to put an order in soon, the problem is I dont know what to buy. If anybody had suggestions I would love to hear them so I can start going down this slope the proper direction.
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Tommy,

Cheers,
    DanR
    Hey Dan...would you...or anyone else, entertain doing a small trade for some pipe baccy or a few cigars...for a sampler of Snuff? I want to try some to see if it is even something I would like.

Let me know!

Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast