Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 113 of 185 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2763

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Commander Quan Well since you obviously brought enough for the whole class it's only fair that you ...

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
    Well since you obviously brought enough for the whole class it's only fair that you share.

Where were you, Derrick, when this was flying out my door? As you can see, quite a bit was shared. Of course, I "shared" a good deal of it with myself, but still... Never too late to pass some along - let me know if you're interested.
    Of course, you might also have to take a little Barrister's Cut and Off With Your Head! with it.

Off With Your Head! is getting better - very good today, anyway. Just about finished with the first batch, and may be mixing up some more this weekend.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Newbie in the ocean

Hair

I gave grinding up pipe tobacco with a mortar and pestle and then sifting it a shot and got pleasant results. I added a little very cherry to a more or less neutral base and got a pleasant cherry snuff. Only takes 2 days to make. Would be quicker if I spread it thin to dry. I also made one with Sherlocke Holmes' Choice from Tinderbox and found it to be perfectly smokey with a slight burn that reminds me of sitting around a camp fire in the mountains and having the smoke blown in your direction by the wind.

Now... What if I mixed the two? I spilled the cherry and only made a couple grams anyhow, so I'll have to decide how much I want that question answered.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

AS Dental Scotch Sweet today.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Of course, you might also have to take a little Barrister's Cut and Off With Your Head! with it.
    The Barrister's Cut lasts for hours, no lie. I've decided to use it as my pre-golf snuff, since it will be with me the entire round -- even when I play 18. Should lay an excellent base for cigars on the course.

This morning, more Morocco.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Snuffing GH Dry Orange today. If you like Neroli oil, this is good stuff. I used to get it in 10g tap boxes and just received a 25g tub. This is fresher than I had in the tap boxes.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

I keep going back to Mr Snuff and revising my order. It's quite different from what I originally put together, but this seems like a good starting point.

It's currently:
    1 x Bernard Klostermischung 10g
    1 x McChrystal's Original & Genuine 21g
    1 x Bernard Brasil Fresco 10g
    1 x Wilsons Tom Buck Extra Strong SP 5g
    1 x Wilsons Extra Crumbs of Comfort 5g

I'm not a great fan of menthol, so 5 grams of CoC would be good to try it and the occasional sniff when my nose gets stuffed up, if I don't like it.

I may add Dholakia Swiss Chocolate as well to round out the order a bit more. And possibly a tin of a fruity snuff.

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    The Barrister's Cut lasts for hours, no lie. I've decided to use it as my pre-golf snuff, since it will be with me the entire round -- even when I play 18. Should lay an excellent base for cigars on the course.

This morning, more Morocco.
    Not surprised that the base for Barrister's Cut ghosts one's nostrils. Like that is a bad thing.

Toque this morning. First weekday of spring break. What to do? Grade papers.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post
    I keep going back to Mr Snuff and revising my order. It's quite different from what I originally put together, but this seems like a good starting point.

It's currently:
    1 x Bernard Klostermischung 10g
    1 x McChrystal's Original & Genuine 21g
    1 x Bernard Brasil Fresco 10g
    1 x Wilsons Tom Buck Extra Strong SP 5g
    1 x Wilsons Extra Crumbs of Comfort 5g

I'm not a great fan of menthol, so 5 grams of CoC would be good to try it and the occasional sniff when my nose gets stuffed up, if I don't like it.

I may add Dholakia Swiss Chocolate as well to round out the order a bit more. And possibly a tin of a fruity snuff.
    Errrrr... McCrystals O&G is very menthol indeed; Crumbs of Comfort is spearmint (Also menthol? But the main blast is spearmint, the "Extra" more so.)
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

If it helps Aaron at all - I truly dislike the O & G, or anything menthol, but LOVE the Crumbs of Comfort (the "Extra" more so).

Gonna be Dholakia White all day for me boys - probably the next few days. I ain't complainin'.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

The price difference between 8 grams of O&G and 21 grams is $2.50 If I like it, great. I think I should like it. The CoC sounds like mint is the predominant flavor, which is what I don't generally like. Now that I think about it, I could downgrade the size and get G&H Dry Orange... I should think on it some more. And possibly also stop trying to make decisions when it's 8am and I'm still trying to get to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Not surprised that the base for Barrister's Cut ghosts one's nostrils.
    Man, that's almost worthy of a murder mystery, The Case of the Ghosted Nostril, wherein Inspector Heaviside (this guy looks pretty hefty) detects a strange odor as he leans over to inspect the body. Sniffing to discover the source, he asks for a Q-tip...Ennerdale! One thing leads to another and eventually we haul Terry in for questioning, as his name also crops up an unsolved mystery involving the Pipe of Death. Both the source of the tobacco and pipe lead a trail to -- Robert.

English Rose!
    Last edited by freestoke; 04-01-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Man, that's almost worth of a murder mystery, The Case of the Ghosted Nostril, wherein Inspector Heaviside (this guy looks pretty hefty) detects a strange odor as he leans over to inspect the body. Sniffing to discover the source, he asks for a Q-tip...Ennerdale! One thing leads to another and eventually we haul Terry in for questioning, as his name also crops up an unsolved mystery involving the Pipe of Death. Both the source of the tobacco and pipe lead a trail to -- Robert.

English Rose!
    Oh. So once again the evil villain has a British accent. Typical!

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Oh. So once again the evil villain has a British accent. Typical!
    They're the ones who seem to commit the most crimes worthy of mystery novels. Let's call it realistic.

They're the ones who seem to commit the most crimes worthy of mystery novels. Let's call it realistic.
    The distinct aroma of almonds... Head getting lighter... I offended the Archduke (funny story...) It must be...

No, wait.

It's just GH&Co Almond Snuff.

Which today, I have mostly been snuffing...