Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 117 of 185 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2763

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Sam Gawith Buck's Fizz....

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Sam Gawith Buck's Fizz.

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... Hedges. So far.

In an attempt to find out exactly which tobacco a jar of "Best Brown" was (G,H&Co or SG), I looked over the order history for a site I buy most of my snuff from. No joy on the tobacco identification, but I thought it might be "fun" to see how much snuff I get through. Worked out that it was about 35g per week.

Perhaps other readers have some fascinating arithmetically derived information.
    Last edited by steinr1; 04-18-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Since I've been enjoying exclusively Dholakia White for about a week now (will this tin ever empty?) I wonder how the Black differs. "Hate" is a pretty strong word in the snuff context, since I couldn't say I hate even those I really don't think that great. What up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    D White is very fine and dry and has a slight fishy scent. D Black is moister and smells like a barnyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Enjoying Morlaix (when am I not?) today.

Have to say that "barnyard" is actually appealing, at least in concept.

But I like kimchee, so there you have it.
    It's pretty bad.

I'd say it smells like a rotting corpse, but maybe I'm being too kind.

If anybody is interested in it, just send me a PM. I would love to get it out of my house ASAP.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Today, I have been mostly snuffing... Hedges. So far.

In an attempt to find out exactly which tobacco a jar of "Best Brown" was (G,H&Co or SG), I looked over the order history for a site I buy most of my snuff from. No joy on the tobacco identification, but I thought it might be "fun" to see how much snuff I get through. Worked out that it was about 35g per week.

Perhaps other readers have some fascinating arithmetically derived information.
    I only have estimates, which are around 10-15g per week.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

My order from mistersnuff shipped on tuesday. How long does it usually take for you?

Usually takes 8-10 days for me.

Two takers on the Dholakia Black so far. If anyone else is interested, PM me by tomorrow (Friday) morning.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

I opened up my Saddleback briefcase today and found that the lid had come off the 25g container of GH SP. Only have of the snuff dumped out, but the other half was inside my laptop.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

Well, your laptop will smell good when it overheats.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
    I opened up my Saddleback briefcase today and found that the lid had come off the 25g container of GH SP. Only have of the snuff dumped out, but the other half was inside my laptop.
    Weird, I had a "jug" of G&H Kendall Brown open up in my jacket pocket yesterday. I bet I lost half of it too, sad day.....

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

F&T High Dry Toast so far today.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Silver Dollar Natural. "Office snuff" - yuck. God, but I loathe this stuff. They call it "natural" but is takes like anything but.
    That's what I get for leaving my pocket tin at home.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    Two takers on the Dholakia Black so far. If anyone else is interested, PM me by tomorrow (Friday) morning.
    Oooooh. Dholakia Black. Worlds away from Dholakia White. This is a very. . . ehem. . . "unique" snuff.

Barnyard? Yes, extremely (and I might add most definitely some very specific spots in said barnyard).

Rotting corpse? No, not quite that.

But I am getting an impression of something revoltingly nasty - perhaps a block of really old cheese, maybe in such a state of rot that while still in semi-liquid state it has long since stopped progressing through the various stages of decay, yet all the while able to repel merely by exuding the scents of its perpetual state of nasty?

I've never had Stinking Bishop cheese, but this snuff must be something along the same line.

Uh. . . thanks (?), Jeff. I will try a little more, though, throughout the afternoon - see if it grows on me.
    Last edited by ProbateGeek; 04-22-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

On my second attempt of the Dholakia Black Death (Jeff's name of it is perfect), I went all out and took about as much as my schnoz could hold (I am wearing a white button down sans tie at the office today, so must use caution). Nary a hint of the previous rotten-parmesan-Cheetoh-stuck-up-a-nostril-for-six-weeks aroma, none at all. Instead, 100% mint chocolate Girl Scout cookies. Very nice, very tasty.

Ain't that funny?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post

Uh. . . thanks (?), Jeff. I will try a little more, though, throughout the afternoon - see if it grows on me.
    From afar, this strikes me as similar to giving flossing with barbed wire another go or two, to see if it's better than the first time and perhaps something that you could develop a feel for. I'll have some Morocco and marvel over the bravery of our Washington contingent. (No, not THAT Washington contingent! )
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Jim, not so fast. Just had another nice dose, number three. Very nice nicotine component with this one, causing me to ponder how one might describe the experience to the uninitiated.

Go to your nearest county fair, on the hottest and most humid day of the event, head over to the busiest livestock tent, sit yourself down right in the middle of a big pile of used hay, and by used I mean hay now mixed with a minimum of three days worth of cattle droppings, pull it up around yourself till just your head and neck are sticking out, wait 5 minutes or so until you break out in a light and very itchy sweat, at which time you then have someone hand feed you a handful or two of chocolate mint Girl Scout cookies. Warm milk optional, but would surely round out the experience.

But I repeat myself... to some.

Yeah, that's pretty slow, all right. Manure, straw, farm animals, chocolate, warm milk, girl scouts and a hint of mint. Definitely gotta slow down for that. So...slowing...down. Seems like moonshine should fit into the picture somewhere, but that's just me, allowing my imagination to lay hold on this sensorial panaromarama you've place before us -- maybe it's opium? For the moment, I'm keeping to the right and moving along with some Morocco!
    Last edited by freestoke; 04-22-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney