Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 118 of 185 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 168 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2763

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by ProbateGeek On my second attempt of the Dholakia Black Death (Jeff's name of it is perfect), I ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    On my second attempt of the Dholakia Black Death (Jeff's name of it is perfect), I went all out and took about as much as my schnoz could hold (I am wearing a white button down sans tie at the office today, so must use caution). Nary a hint of the previous rotten-parmesan-Cheetoh-stuck-up-a-nostril-for-six-weeks aroma, none at all. Instead, 100% mint chocolate Girl Scout cookies. Very nice, very tasty.

Ain't that funny?
    Okay dammit - I will order some! The more you guys try to make this sound horrible, the better it sounds! Must be a PNW thing.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Today it has been SG Red Crest inbetween a resting briar of FM Cellar.

Terry, I think your descriptions are spot on. Barnyard, manure, old cheese, girl scout cookies.........terrible stuff.

Glad you're getting "something" out of it
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

All the descriptions of Dholakia black were making me crazy. I wasn't getting any of the scents that you guys were describing. I smelled almost overpowering roses in the forefront, followed by sandalwood, musk, and cedar, and once in a while a bit of a "sharp" tobacco. It's delightful!

So I just tried some again to check my memory, and it's just as I remembered.

So, there I was, thinking yall were crazy, when I looked at the label on the snuff container in my hand and it clearly said "Dholakia Ganga" not "Dholakia Black". Sorry guys! All my praise for the Black was actually praise for Ganga.

The Cheese stands alone Commander Quan's Avatar

If anyone is looking for snuff bullets check out the ones offered by roxndave on ebay.

I had heard these were good but wasn't sure. I have a Posh snuff bullet that I never used because it just looked like it was way too small a dose. Mark Sent me a glass bullet that I really liked so I decided to go ahead and buy 2 of the aluminum ones sold by roxndave. He mills them himself from aluminum and the dose is a good size and they will never break. I offered $$9 apiece for 2 of them and he countered with $10 each so I pulled the trigger. I probably should have ordered more.
    “In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!

This looks good for people who want to try an assortment of snuffs. https://mistersnuff.com/catalog/wils...eid=b9b1f9574b
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Dholakia Gray for me this morning (yes, a mix of the Black Death and the White Beast). Possibly the best (or worst) Dholakia has to offer.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    I've never had Stinking Bishop cheese, but this snuff must be something along the same line.
    Delicious! Can't get it as often as I'd like.

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... WoS Cherry Menthol.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Morlaix today for me. I'd feel guilty about my snuffing habits if I didn't like this stuff so much.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

More Dholakia Ganga today. I initially reached for the Hedges, but the strong nicotine of the Ganga called to me.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

I'll alternate between the Dholakia White and Black today. I certainly appreciate the relative tidiness of the White, particularly in an office setting.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by commonsenseman View Post
    Terry, I think your descriptions are spot on. Barnyard, manure, old cheese, girl scout cookies.........terrible stuff.

Glad you're getting "something" out of it
    I got the sample you sent me yesterday and the baggy smelled just like girl scout thin mint cookies. ...Then I opened the baggy and immediately regretted it. I got the barnyard smell that everyone was talking about. Once a good amount was firmly wedged up my nose, the smell wasn't as overpowering or as foul as expected. Didn't get the chocolate mint smell, but still pleasant. Quite a bit of nicotine here. Snuff seems more stimulating than other nicotine delivery systems. I stepped outside to get the mail and the scent changed to add that of a charcoal barbecue burning down to coals. Is it just me, or does snuff change when outside?

A slight pine scent would be nice to complete the county fair auction smell picture.

New one for me today - as I wanted to throw something new on the plate.

6 Photo Cheetah, generously bombed to me from the NST4P.

a. my eyeballs hurt.

b. not bad - I like it!

The Dholakia black is really messy. I kept getting it all over my hands, so I had a small aluminum tube on my keychain from an eyeglass repair kit. I filed a hole in the bottom of the tube so that it can be used as a bullet without a main chamber. Just poke it into the snuff and it lightly packs into it and can be sniffed out. Just requires a little more breath control than off the back of your hand as the difference between in your nose and in your throat is smaller. Not sure how well it would work with snuffs that aren't as fine and moist, but it works well with this.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Not what's in my nose, but what will be. I've just ordered two snuffs from Mr. Snuff, these being Toque Quit and Abraxas Premium Batch Coarse. I live and work in a place where I can smoke a pipe without limitation, and often have one going while I'm working throughout the day. Fine, but I've decided that eight pipes a day is too many. At the same time, I'm a confirmed nicotine addict. At various times in my past, I've given up all forms of indulgence, but it makes me fat and unhappy. I've decided that nasal snuff is a good way to approach the issue, way cooler than nicotine gum. I tried to make my own snuff, using a light, sweet, natural Indonesian pipe tobacco that I thought burned too quickly and was too light. I know the guy who blends it, he swears he doesn't add anything to it. I just dried it out in the tropical sun and then put it in a blender. It worked quite well, but I'd like to try a commercially (and expertly) prepared snuff as a bench-mark, to see how it compares to my home-made stuff.

I do find the "burn" a bit hard to deal with, but I'm guessing it might have more to do with my technique and my lack of experience than to the tobacco itself. I read some advice somewhere to snuff with lungs slightly inflated, which seems to help. Then, not to snuff too hard. Still brings tears to my eyes, it reminds me of wasabi paste on sashimi.

So, for a heavy nicotine addict who smokes a pipe, what do you think of the ones I picked? Make sense? What else would you recommend for a new-comer to snuff?
    If I could write poetry, I'd be a poet. I can't, so I smoke a pipe instead ....