Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 120 of 185 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2763

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Ever try sprinkling a pinch of snuff on top of a bowl of tobacco? Adds a nice twist to a ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Ever try sprinkling a pinch of snuff on top of a bowl of tobacco? Adds a nice twist to a plain tobacco. I put a pinch of Klostermischung and it added a fermented dried fruit flavor. I couldn't really taste the CoC, but it made my mouth feel fresh.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

SG Princes Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulpa View Post
    Ever try sprinkling a pinch of snuff on top of a bowl of tobacco? Adds a nice twist to a plain tobacco. I put a pinch of Klostermischung and it added a fermented dried fruit flavor. I couldn't really taste the CoC, but it made my mouth feel fresh.
    I like to use a pinch of Molin's Latakia snuff on a non-latakia pipe blend for a burst of English goodness.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Full grown Puffer Fish

The Toque Quit and Abraxas Premium Coarse both showed up in the mail just now. I've tried a sniff of each: I really like the Quit. Compared to my home made snuff, it has a much stronger burn, a smooth, natural tobacco flavor and quite a decent nicotine hit, although certainly not heart-thumping, over-powering for a pipe smoker. I didn't have so much luck with the Abraxas: seems like it doesn't want to stay in my nose, it falls out when I snuff it. So, how do you cope with coarse grind snuffs?

Also, I realize snuff is a bit of a minority interest on this forum: where can I find some good resources? Is the snuffhouse forum the best forum dealing specifically with snuff?
    If I could write poetry, I'd be a poet. I can't, so I smoke a pipe instead ....

Quote Originally Posted by Irfan View Post
    The Toque Quit and Abraxas Premium Coarse both showed up in the mail just now. I've tried a sniff of each: I really like the Quit. Compared to my home made snuff, it has a much stronger burn, a smooth, natural tobacco flavor and quite a decent nicotine hit, although certainly not heart-thumping, over-powering for a pipe smoker. I didn't have so much luck with the Abraxas: seems like it doesn't want to stay in my nose, it falls out when I snuff it. So, how do you cope with coarse grind snuffs?

Also, I realize snuff is a bit of a minority interest on this forum: where can I find some good resources? Is the snuffhouse forum the best forum dealing specifically with snuff?
    One way to help coarse snuffs stay in the nose is to pinch the nose after insufflating.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

I am enjoying Hedges this morning.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    One way to help coarse snuffs stay in the nose is to pinch the nose after insufflating.
    Or, the old tried and true. . .

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... Hedges.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Cheers. Yeah, that seems to work.
    If I could write poetry, I'd be a poet. I can't, so I smoke a pipe instead ....

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Or, the old tried and true. . .
    I did something similar with tom buck because it's a bit too fine for me to take without it flying too far.
    Tilt head back and drop a pinch in.

Been snuffing a lot of DW this week, got a free "sample" from my B&M.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

AS Dental Scotch.

Whoo!

Perfect mild burn and chock fulla nicotine.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

I'm alternating Cheeta and English Rose. Not that great of a combination, as the overall effect is one of old-timey bathroom cleaners.
    With fond memories of one of my grandmothers...

Never thought I'd admit it, but I miss the Dholakia White.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Hedges today.

Today, I have been mostly snuffing... WoS Honey Menthol.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp