Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 125 of 185 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2763

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by TTecheTTe That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more. Robert's snuffulating has others in tow ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more. Robert's snuffulating has others in tow - or at least posting, as well.
    Nothing to do with me. These are all adults with free will.

Now everyone say "Baaaaaaah".

(And I'll have no chit call me a dandy. I'm much more of a croaker or buffer.)
    Last edited by steinr1; 07-01-2013 at 03:53 AM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Nothing to do with me. These are all adults with free will.

Now everyone say "Baaaaaaah".

(And I'll have no chit call me a dandy. I'm much more of a croaker or buffer.)
    Couldn't find a translation for those in my English-English foreign language dictionary.

Apparently this is what it means:

Pardon me, but now I've got to change my snuff....ahh, here is, Seville. Yeah, that's Robert! Now you're so near, yet still so far!

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    It's like looking in a mirror.

"Chit" is a rather derogatory term for a small, feeble woman (I'm in dangerous territory - would "hoyden" be acceptable?), a "buffer" is an old codger and a "croaker" is a curmudgeonly, complaining Jeremiah. Two of those suit the respective bill well.
    Last edited by steinr1; 07-01-2013 at 08:54 AM.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    The Morlaix is the better of the two, for me. While certainly not bad, the Macouba is too similar to the Morocco. I'm still thinking the Seville is what I need to try, but there was none today.

Dreaming of Dholakia White tonight.
    Seville is a combination of Neroli (orange blossom) Oil and perfume. I like the GH Dry Orange that is straight Neroli Oil and tobacco.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachman View Post
    Seville is a combination of Neroli (orange blossom) Oil and perfume. I like the GH Dry Orange that is straight Neroli Oil and tobacco.
    Thanks, Nick. I wondered what neroli was but was too lazy to look it up. I've been backhanding the Tom Buck of late. I found my bullet top though, still in the grass where I dropped it at the golf course! But backhanding seems better, so I won't be packing bullets any more I think.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Maturing Puffer Fish

DanR definitely doesn't play fair. I merely asked for a small sampling of snuff so I could go tumbling down yet another slope. Here is what he sends me while saying to send nothing to him.

Not the best pictures but I'm at work and just got the package.

3 cigars, 2 samples of pipe tobacco, and 8 different snuff's to try. Now which to try first???

It's the silly giddiness of youth, Chad. With his new AARP card, he's carried away by post-50 euphoria.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

AS Dental Scotch today.

Strong and smokey American Scotch.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Well I've tried some of the snuff samples that DanR was so kind to send me.

I think right now my favorite of the bunch is the Lowen-Prise, mainly because of the container its in and the scent is very nice. I'm sure I'll be ordering more of it from mr snuff soon as well as many others to try. Probably order a bullet or 2 as well and see how I like them for the snuff that doesn't come in a container like Lowen-Prise.

I was having trouble figuring out how to get the snuff out of the other tins as I seem to prefer taking it off the back/side of my hand by the thumb. I didn't have any pipe tools with me at work the day the package from Dan came in so I improvised and used a pen cap, the long end that keeps it clipped to your pocket worked rather well to scoop it onto the back of my hand.

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Really liking this Fribourg & Treyer Morlaix. Oddly, I smell violets everywhere in the office . . .
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    Really liking this Fribourg & Treyer Morlaix. Oddly, I smell violets everywhere in the office . . .
    I can use this snuff every day - easily my favorite. I also think that it is probably about the best gateway snuff out there.

Nevertheless, it's a St. Clements day for me. This seems to go down (up?) well even when it is 100+ outside.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    I can use this snuff every day - easily my favorite.
    Yep - very nice. As much as I liked the Tom Buck, and then adored the Dholakia White, I have been most impressed with the intensities offered by Fribourg & Treyer. So far, all very good.
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

Maturing Puffer Fish

I've been enjoying the WOW Coconut Toffee today at work. It's been nice having the smell of coconut with me on and off today, I don't get the toffee scent but the coconut comes through loud and clear.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice cinnamon scented snuff for a beginner. I'm probably going to place an order from mrsnuff this weekend or early next week. I've seen the WoS Cinnamon and read a suggestion by Nick(Nachman) for Abraxas Dragun but I'm not sure I can handle that one from reading the description.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper2075 View Post
    I've been enjoying the WOW Coconut Toffee today at work. It's been nice having the smell of coconut with me on and off today, I don't get the toffee scent but the coconut comes through loud and clear.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice cinnamon scented snuff for a beginner. I'm probably going to place an order from mrsnuff this weekend or early next week. I've seen the WoS Cinnamon and read a suggestion by Nick(Nachman) for Abraxas Dragun but I'm not sure I can handle that one from reading the description.
    I'm not sure if its available all year or not, but Toque Christmas Pudding is delicious. Cinnamon and Nutmeg mostly. Haven't tried the WOS cinnamon, but the Abraxsus stuff is a bit coarse for me. I prefer the finer grinds. Nice thing about snuff is you can get some small tins for relatively cheap and try em' out.

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Nice thing about snuff is you can get some small tins for relatively cheap and try em' out.
    OR -