Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 126 of 185 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2763

Snuff - What's in your nose?

This is a discussion on Snuff - What's in your nose? within the General Pipe Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by Sniper2075 Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice cinnamon scented snuff for a beginner. I'm probably ...

Re: Snuff - What's in your nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper2075 View Post
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice cinnamon scented snuff for a beginner. I'm probably going to place an order from mrsnuff this weekend or early next week. I've seen the WoS Cinnamon and read a suggestion by Nick(Nachman) for Abraxas Dragun but I'm not sure I can handle that one from reading the description.
    Wilsons of Sharrow Cinnamon snuff is quite nice; I've had it once. It's not that intense but has the character required. The Abraxas Dragun really isn't as "bad" as the description. Lovely flavours but nothing out of the ordinary as regards burn.

For me? Hedges of course.
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    I'm not sure if its available all year or not, but Toque Christmas Pudding is delicious. Cinnamon and Nutmeg mostly. Haven't tried the WOS cinnamon, but the Abraxsus stuff is a bit coarse for me. I prefer the finer grinds. Nice thing about snuff is you can get some small tins for relatively cheap and try em' out.
    The Dragun is a fine ground snuff. It has some nose burn and some nicotine, but is not as strong as the reviews suggest. I find American Scotch snuffs stronger.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Dholokia Ganga today, and with .88oz will continue to be for quite some time. My SG Choc and Red Crest are very low now as I only had 10g tap boxes, so this will definitely same them until I get around to a second order. I'm going to add this to my bullet, provided I put HDT in with the D. White.

Ganga is a delicate, very fine feminine bouquet - I wished I had opened it earler! This might be up Robert's alley, if only it was more french boudoir rather than a nice fragrant, english garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper2075 View Post
    Well I've tried some of the snuff samples that DanR was so kind to send me.

I was having trouble figuring out how to get the snuff out of the other tins as I seem to prefer taking it off the back/side of my hand by the thumb.
    Dan definitely does not play fair. He even thoroughly abuses his "home boys."

Great thing about snuff is that you can do it any where, any time. Never did I imagine I would put anything up my nose, but there you go. I also like to to take if off the crook of my thumb. I have developed a decided preference for the Samuel Gawaith tap boxes - they are so easy and being so clumsy I don't have to worry about dropping them and losing my snuff! I got an acrylic bullet, but it seems to be a little beyond my abilties so I have not used it much; I will be more motivated to work on my skills if I add Ganga to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProbateGeek View Post
    OR -

That's what I call snuffalating! Do you like Tom Buck?

Really liking this Fribourg & Treyer Morlaix. Oddly, I smell violets everywhere in the office . . .
    Just have to make the deprived jealous...

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    It's like looking in a mirror.

"Chit" is a rather derogatory term for a small, feeble woman (I'm in dangerous territory - would "hoyden" be acceptable?), a "buffer" is an old codger and a "croaker" is a curmudgeonly, complaining Jeremiah. Two of those suit the respective bill well.
    Both chit and hoyden are apt, for me. I did recognize you immediately when I saw the pic and thought the resemblance had to be uncanny. Now, time to put a real image as your icon!

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Now, time to put a real image as your icon!
    Surely you realise that we creatures of the night leave no impression on emulsion.

Up my nose? Would it surprise anyone if I said it was Hedges?
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

A Squid founder, retired ProbateGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TTecheTTe View Post
    Just have to make the deprived jealous...
    You shall not be deprived for long. I'm happy to send a sample of Morlaix with the Penzance.

But depraved? Always...
    1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

You shall not be deprived for long. I'm happy to send a sample of Morlaix with the Penzance.

But depraved? Always...
    Dangerous thought! Funny, I learned the definition of "depraved" at a very tender age, when speaking to my whining toddler sis in a southern (ala Scarlett) accent. Shocked, Mother asked if knew what it meant, and of course defined "deprived."

Looking at my TAD's, some might say I am rather depraved. They might not be wrong; I have taken to spoiling myself in my old age.

Quote Originally Posted by steinr1 View Post
    Surely you realise that we creatures of the night leave no impression on emulsion.

Up my nose? Would it surprise anyone if I said it was Hedges?
    Ah, yes, but not from the eye or hand of the artist whom captured it! Hedges -

Swisher Square. I think it is the smokiest Scotch snuff.
    Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.

Left home without a snuffbox. Good thing I stashed some Dholakia Black at the office. Though I was really wanting the flowery goodness of Morlaix this morning, this will have to do. I suppose the Dholakia Black, too, is FLOWERY in its own way - I am picking up the distinct and "lovely" aroma of Amorphophallus titanum:

1792 Flake was first produced in 1830, exactly 139 years before man walked on the moon. Coincidence?

As it turns out, Mari was looking out for me - a bundle of six little samples arrived today, in the cutest (and very practical) tiny homemade envelopes. See here:

Of course, I dove right into the Seville - wonderful, as anticipated. Thank you, Madame - you're fast becoming one of my favorite Texans.

PS - Half pound of Penzance on its way to you Monday; have a cob ready.

Of course, I dove right into the Seville - wonderful, as anticipated. Thank you, Madame - you're fast becoming one of my favorite Texans.

Along with half pound of Tom Buck, probably. Which has been recurring, nosewise, during the course of the day. And that Seville reminds me of the nice movie theater in Newport News when I was a kid. Seville smells like the powder puff stations in the women's lounge, where the ladies went to powder their noses -- free powder as I recall.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

So, Jim. The question comes to mind: just how much time did you spend at these powder puff stations in the women's lounge in that nice movie theater in Newport News?

And please define "kid" in this specific instance of usage.

Very interesting - two, two, two snuffs in one! I had not quite finished all of the Dh. Ganga that I spooned out +24hrs ago, so finished it earlier this during a hysterical British comedy. Sitting out, it loses the delicate floral high notes, with the exception of being present upon the initial sniff. It then develops into a long lasting, musk floral, both qualities which were lacking fresh from the tin, and is a more developed, fine french parfum (sorry, Robert, I did say fine, not boudoir.)

You can "tap" from those envelopes, Terry.

Hmm, I am a just a wee bit curious as to why Jim was in the ladies lounge...

"Gateway snuff." Thems dangerous words, Brian! Oh, yes, and so apropos...

As it turns out, Mari was looking out for me - a bundle of six little samples arrived today, in the cutest (and very practical) tiny homemade envelopes. See here:

Hold your horses pardner - I only have 17oz of Kk!

Having just had a couple of days of Kamal, for the first time, I'm interested in your impression. I think you might not like it on first sniff, but think you might if you give it a chance - try a little also after airing 24+ hours...
    Last edited by TTecheTTe; 07-05-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Note to self: Do not smell the tin. Tin note is not that important, unless you really want to wake up!

Dholokia Ganga! Love it, but hated that name!

Okay, now I get it: "According to the Puranas (Holy Scriptures of Hindus), the sight, the name and the touch of Ganga takes away all sins...It is considered that Ganga bestows blessings of the highest order...According to Hindu Mythology, Ganga is considered as the celestial creature of heaven and it descends on the earth to rinse away the sins of the mankind...Ganga represents the innermost pristine coolness, piety and purity."

Of course, I dove right into the Seville - wonderful, as anticipated.
    Tried the Ganga? I see I marked HDT as WOS. Both Seville and HDT are F&T, and they have WOS also on the cap. But, there is no mention of F&T on my WOS Rose.

Left home without a snuffbox. Good thing I stashed some Dholakia Black at the office. Though I was really wanting the flowery goodness of Morlaix this morning, this will have to do. I suppose the Dholakia Black, too, is FLOWERY in its own way - I am picking up the distinct and "lovely" aroma of Amorphophallus titanum:

I knew I recognized that Shapeless Phallus! However, I did not recognize the botanical name. Houston has one of these very rare "Corpse Flowers" which recently bloomed.

Hold your nose: Corpse flower to bloom at butterfly center - Houston Chronicle

"Amorphophallus titanum, the titan arum, is a tuberous plant endemic to western Sumatra, where it grows in openings in rainforest on limestone hills. Locals know it by the more evocative name 'corpse flower' (bunga bangkai), because of the hideous stench the fly-pollinated inflorescences produce."

Morlaix this afternoon, whilst pouring over journal articles.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Quote Originally Posted by Desertlifter View Post
    Morlaix this afternoon, whilst pouring over journal articles.
    Replying to myself, because I can. Paired the Morlaix with a nice Rose de Pinot Gris. The floral note of the snuff works VERY well with the wine. Like ohmygodI'mcrammingmoreMorlaixupmynoseandhavingmore wine good.

Banter on pairing cigars and pipes with assorted beverages is common, but this is the first that I've paid much attention to the snuff in such a venue.

More research is warranted.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar